[SOLVED] Silent 120 mm fan suggestions?

hi, i have a corsair carbide 100r case and back ventilation is not that loud however when temps are high, fan is spinning on high rpm and you can hear the air flow noise a lot mostly. If i change it to a Noctua fan, will it be more quiet?

if yes, which one from this list i should go with?

- Noctua NF-S12A ULN

- Noctua NF-S12A FLX

- be quiet Side Wings 3

tia

Noctua fans are known for being quiet and high performing, but they're not the only ones.

Corsair's ML series competes really well against Noctua(plus they look a heck of a lot better). They're fairly pricey though, so watch out for that.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

As mentioned by @Crunchy Dragon, Noctua is generally thought to be (one of) the best fan manufacturer when it comes to silence. However, the fact of the matter is, no fan will be completely silent unless it isn't running. To minimize fan noise you will want to put in the largest fans you can and have them run at the lowest speed. A large fan at a lower RPM will move as much (or even more) air than a smaller fan at a higher RPM (which is often noisier as well).

So looking at your case. You can install up to 2 120 mm or 2 140 mm fans in the front of the 100r. You will have a quieter machine by running 140 mm fans, assuming all other things are equal. 

What are your specs and temps?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

At the end, i went with Noctua NF-S12A ULN, i am happy with the decision. 

Also changed the my PSU from Corsair VS550 to BE QUIET Straight Power 10 400W (w/ silent wings 3 fan inside). Dead silent :D

And changed my CPU fan to Noctua L9i, dead silent

So when i open my case and put my head close to the components, only wind blowing noise is coming through, which is my low, you need to be very close to hear it. Only noise i can hear right now in my case is my WD Red 4TB :D which is also quiet but still not a SSD