Optimizing air flow and noise for Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Hey all,

I have the Phanteks Enthoo Pro computer case. I'd love to keep a balance of noise and thermals, but I'm not sure if I'm going about this the right way with the right fans.

My case has almost all fan slots used. I used the Asus FanXpert4 to automatically create Silent, Balanced, Turbo and Full Speed profiles, as well as a custom profile that sets fan speed % to be the same as CPU temp.

With the custom profile, the fans are decently quiet but internal thermals suffer somewhat. With the turbo, the thermals are better but fans are slightly louder.

My girlfriend thinks the noise is fine. The case noise is blocked out when I'm gaming, but if I can hear the fans while web browsing, it's too loud for me.

Any sugguestions, recommendations or ways to improve this setup? I've thought of replacing the two front fans with 140mm fans. Bigger fans should mean slower fan speed, right?

I have my HDD suspended in the HDD cage via elastic bands, as my HDD was causing vibrations before.

Front: 3 be quiet! Silent Wings 2 120mm fans for intake (One is mounted on the HDD cage, about an inch away from graphics card)

Bottom: 2 SilenX 120mm fans for intake

Top: 2 Fractal Design Silent Series 120mm fans for exhaust

Back: 1 Phanteks 140mm fan for exhaust (came with the case)

Guts:

i5 4670s LGA1150 Haswell

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo with 2 Noctua NF-F12 fans

Asus z97-A/3.1 ATX

Gigabyte RX 580 8GB

8GB EVGA RAM 2400Mhz

EVGA 550w SuperNova G2

its not always the case fans that make the most noise, ramp up your cpu and gpu fans individually to see if they are louder than the case fans, my hyper 212 evo was louder than my case fans bu i didn't notice this until i upgraded the cooler.

1 minute ago, Alexzz_ said:

its not always the case fans that make the most noise, ramp up your cpu and gpu fans individually to see if they are louder than the case fans, my hyper 212 evo was louder than my case fans bu i didn't notice this until i upgraded the cooler.

A little more experimentation is required, I agree. My GPU fans are set to my custom profile, which was fan speed % equal to GPU temperature. I could try slowing that down and seeing what happens. Same with CPU fans. Do you think the push/pull config of the Noctua NF-F12 fans could be causing turbulence and creating noise and having a bigger CPU heat sink like a Dark Rock Pro or Noctua NH D15 could help?

3 hours ago, JesusVanDam said:

A little more experimentation is required, I agree. My GPU fans are set to my custom profile, which was fan speed % equal to GPU temperature. I could try slowing that down and seeing what happens. Same with CPU fans. Do you think the push/pull config of the Noctua NF-F12 fans could be causing turbulence and creating noise and having a bigger CPU heat sink like a Dark Rock Pro or Noctua NH D15 could help?

You don't need a better cooler. For a cpu like the 4570s, a 212 Evo with NF-F12's at 300-600rpm should be plenty of cooling already.

You can stop fans with your fans until the noise goes away to try and isolate the noise.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.