Need help switching OS

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to upgrade from windows 10 home 64-bit to windows 7 64-bit for free through first party, and if so how?

You mean downgrade?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Not without a windows 7 key. You can go from Windows 7 to 10, though not the other way. If I were you I'd just re-skin Windows 10, if that's what you're looking for.

REMEMBER:

IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND, YOU GOTTA QUOTE ME 

OR

PUT @Fixinit1 IN YOUR RESPONSE!!!!!

Gosh, I hate it when people forget. Anyway, check out my PC below, and there's a PCPartPicker link on my profile, If you wanna see what I'm planning.

Spoiler

SYSTEM SPECS: Finally ditched the Pentium N3540, now I've got the following:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G

GPU - 1060 6GB Gigabyte G1 Gaming

RAM - 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Team T-Force Delta RGB

MOTHERBOARD - MSI B350 Tomahawk

PSU - EVGA 450BT

CASE - PHANTEKS  P350X

So, like others said, without a windows 7 key there's no way to do it "legit". It's also kinda not maintained as much anymore. Even though the end of life for it is in 2020. Also, why do you want to downgrade? Is it because of the start menu? Install classic shell. Dont like the windows? Same thing, skin it. There are a ton of really good ones out there. 

Oh? Well hello there! Notice me please!

Specs!

CPU: A AMD A10 APU

HDD: like, 1 terabyte

RAM: 2x4 gig sticks of kingston DDR3

GPU: heheh- the amd A10 APU with radeon graphics oh wow

PSU: What ever is inside this thing

MOBO: same thing as the psu

Hah. this is my laptop. spooked.

3 minutes ago, Brianyu said:

So, like others said, without a windows 7 key there's no way to do it "legit". It's also kinda not maintained as much anymore. Even though the end of life for it is in 2020. Also, why do you want to downgrade? Is it because of the start menu? Install classic shell. Dont like the windows? Same thing, skin it. There are a ton of really good ones out there. 

I've had a terrible experience with windows 10 and want to switch back to windows 7 because iv'e never had a single problem with that os compared to the hundreds of problems i've had with windows 10.

1 minute ago, the_nick_guy_ said:

I've had a terrible experience with windows 10 and want to switch back to windows 7 because iv'e never had a single problem with that os compared to the hundreds of problems i've had with windows 10.

Other then all the cool things your missing out on, security, and easy fixes for your issues, I understand. You would have to somehow find a valid windows 7 key Or, use it for 30 days and then get yelled at to buy windows, until your pc eventually locks you out. Be sure to back up all your data tho, because it wont carry over. It's fairly easy to find a key on a old laptop lying around, or ...

Spoiler

Specs!

16 minutes ago, Fixinit1 said:

Not without a windows 7 key. You can go from Windows 7 to 10, though not the other way. If I were you I'd just re-skin Windows 10, if that's what you're looking for.

12 minutes ago, Brianyu said:

IF you have win10 pro there are downgrade rights and you can use the win10 key in windows 7 pro.

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln294589/an-understanding-of-both-your-microsoft-windows-downgrade-rights-and-downgrading-from-windows-8-81-and-10?lang=en

3 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

True, but that requires alot of jumping and a phone call or two. Also unfortunately they claim to have windows 10 home.

Specs!

29 minutes ago, Brianyu said:

True, but that requires alot of jumping and a phone call or two. Also unfortunately they claim to have windows 10 home.

I had windows 10 pro till I swapped my boot drive and wiped my old one forcing me to get home

2 minutes ago, the_nick_guy_ said:

I had windows 10 pro till I swapped my boot drive and wiped my old one forcing me to get home

Is it a custom built pc or a premade one? If its pre-made you might be able to find the pro key using https://www.magicaljellybean.com/

Specs!

8 minutes ago, the_nick_guy_ said:

Premade, Lenovo Thinkstation E30 to be exact

Then give it a try! download it, and run it to see if it can find the embbedded key!

Specs!

11 hours ago, the_nick_guy_ said:

Premade, Lenovo Thinkstation E30 to be exact

Did it had Win7 originally? Then it would have Win7 key with COA sticker (Win7 doesn't have digital license). You still need to do fresh install for changing OS. Downgrade only works if you have still original files when upgrade from 7 to 10 was made. Or Pro where downgrade is feature.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv