Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pio Soesetio

i7 8750h - Power Limit Throttling - Low TDP Even though cooling is capable

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP
On 2/11/2019 at 5:29 AM, kristalshards said:

What is interface component disabled and where to find it

Check if you have ASUS Keyboard hotkeys disabled in your startup in task manager. If it's disabled, it won't show popups when u click the hotkeys. If it still doesn't work, try reinstalling the hotkeys driver. It's on the ASUS' drivers website.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 2/5/2019 at 8:09 PM, ale fuentes said:

hi, the website of asus has v.312 BIOS. It is from late august 2018, so nothing has changed in the last month. Are you sure it should be fixed by now?

 

Yes. mine was fixed since BIOS 310 if im not wrong

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pio Soesetio said:

Check if you have ASUS Keyboard hotkeys disabled in your startup in task manager. If it's disabled, it won't show popups when u click the hotkeys. If it still doesn't work, try reinstalling the hotkeys driver. It's on the ASUS' drivers website.

I reinstalled it and it’s working now apparently although I am not sure how much it will help the temperatures.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2019 at 2:45 PM, Cartman980 said:

I have the FX504GM with bios 305. How did you downgrade to 303 as it will not let me do it via winflash and I'm sure i via E-Z flash in bios settings. Thanks

just go to cmd and type " cd C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\WinFlash " ,(basically the location of your file after cd) after that enter "Winflash /nodate" and winflash will open and then select your desired bios file, ignore the warning about it being an older version and press Flash. All done, the computer will now reboot and you have successfully downgraded your Bios.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2019 at 10:51 AM, dante5102 said:

just go to cmd and type " cd C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\WinFlash " ,(basically the location of your file after cd) after that enter "Winflash /nodate" and winflash will open and then select your desired bios file, ignore the warning about it being an older version and press Flash. All done, the computer will now reboot and you have successfully downgraded your Bios.

Thanks, got it downgraded. Finding 305 bios better at no power throttling

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2019 at 7:51 AM, dante5102 said:

just go to cmd and type " cd C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\WinFlash " ,(basically the location of your file after cd) after that enter "Winflash /nodate" and winflash will open and then select your desired bios file, ignore the warning about it being an older version and press Flash. All done, the computer will now reboot and you have successfully downgraded your Bios.

hi! can you share the 305 bios please? i have 303 currently installed, and i cant find 305 in asus website to download (ASUS FX504GM)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2018 at 2:01 PM, petzkub said:

Edit: now i got it running 3,6ghz 35w for the cpu and 1650ghz/4100ghz gpu.

And i got from 303 to 305 bios update manually, from device manager-> system firmware-> search automatically for update.

Even asus support dont have the 305 bios for my device

Check out Patzkub comment on page 13 to get bios 305

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
20 hours ago, seekr99 said:

Searching for updated drivers says I've already got the best, but i'm on 303 not 305

 

305 isn't even the latest BIOS, it's old. 303 is one of the first releases of the BIOS. It's currently on like 312-315 if I'm not wrong

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Pio Soesetio said:

305 isn't even the latest BIOS, it's old. 303 is one of the first releases of the BIOS. It's currently on like 312-315 if I'm not wrong

For FX504GM?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Pio Soesetio said:

305 isn't even the latest BIOS, it's old. 303 is one of the first releases of the BIOS. It's currently on like 312-315 if I'm not wrong

When i got my Laptop the bios version on ASUS website was 301, windows update made it go up to 302 and then 303 even though the version on ASUS website still was 301. Bios version is also different for the different versions or models of laptops, My case FX504GM-ES74.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone share your ThrottleStop settings. There are so many different versions by different people in this thread and I'm really confused of which one to use. It always shows PL2 red in TS and during CineBench tests the CPU runs at a low speed for the first half and a high speed for the second half. Also my speeds don't cross 3890MHz

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sharan SP said:

Can someone share your ThrottleStop settings. There are so many different versions by different people in this thread and I'm really confused of which one to use. It always shows PL2 red in TS and during CineBench tests the CPU runs at a low speed for the first half and a high speed for the second half. Also my speeds don't cross 3890MHz

Share your setup or at least your laptop model and someone with something similar to you may help you.

About the MHz, try pressing BCLK button on Throttlestop it refreshes or recalculates the speed after you have changed your undervolt values.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 2/25/2019 at 7:52 AM, Sharan SP said:

Can someone share your ThrottleStop settings. There are so many different versions by different people in this thread and I'm really confused of which one to use. It always shows PL2 red in TS and during CineBench tests the CPU runs at a low speed for the first half and a high speed for the second half. Also my speeds don't cross 3890MHz

It's supposed to only run at 3.9 Ghz if all cores is active. 4.1 Ghz for 2 cores.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've speed read the entire thread and I still think the problem is not entirely solved... So I'm going to ask a stupid question... Are you running single channel memory or dual channel? Before you get your pitchforks and torches I saw someone solving the same problem on a similarly build laptop from another manufactor simply by adding another stick of RAM... Not sure why it solved the problem, not even the guy who did it undertood I guess, but the stutters and thermal throtteling went away.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2019 at 7:01 PM, felceaz said:

Share your setup or at least your laptop model and someone with something similar to you may help you.

About the MHz, try pressing BCLK button on Throttlestop it refreshes or recalculates the speed after you have changed your undervolt values.

It's the Asus TUF FX504 i7, 1050Ti. Same as OP

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2019 at 4:55 PM, Pio Soesetio said:

It's supposed to only run at 3.9 Ghz if all cores is active. 4.1 Ghz for 2 cores.

I face a problem wherein during Cinebench CPU test, my laptop runs at around 2.3~2.5 GHz for the first half of the test but at 3.9 GHz for the rest. The XTU says power throttling and Throttle Stop says PL2 in red

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 3/2/2019 at 2:08 PM, Sharan SP said:

I face a problem wherein during Cinebench CPU test, my laptop runs at around 2.3~2.5 GHz for the first half of the test but at 3.9 GHz for the rest. The XTU says power throttling and Throttle Stop says PL2 in red

Yea, for some reason that also happens to be my case, but only for the first run, so i always run cinebench twice. The 2nd run it turbo boosts from the beginning.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 2/28/2019 at 9:38 PM, Sakredevil said:

I've speed read the entire thread and I still think the problem is not entirely solved... So I'm going to ask a stupid question... Are you running single channel memory or dual channel? Before you get your pitchforks and torches I saw someone solving the same problem on a similarly build laptop from another manufactor simply by adding another stick of RAM... Not sure why it solved the problem, not even the guy who did it undertood I guess, but the stutters and thermal throtteling went away.

Mine's solved, still with single channel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2019 at 9:15 PM, xtrem2k said:

hi! can you share the 305 bios please? i have 303 currently installed, and i cant find 305 in asus website to download (ASUS FX504GM)

I am really sorry for replying so late. But here is the file u need. 305 bios for FX504GM i58300H Gtx1060.

 

On 2/21/2019 at 3:20 PM, seekr99 said:

Also looking for FX504GM.305, can't find it anywhere on Google

Again Sorry for late reply , I didnt visit the website since 13th of feb.

FX504GM.305

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi folks, I would like to ask, can I update my FX504GM with bios for 504GE, for example 312? or exist a newer bios than 305?


Another question, what is power throttling? Because Ive read a lot of information about that, but Iam already confused about it.

If I test my cpu with prime95, TDP is constantly 36W, sometimes 45. At start it goes up to cca 60W but after that it constantly goes on 36W and 2,2Ghz. Is this the power throttling? When it doesnt allow to use the turbo to avoid the heat issues? Or what is the problem with these machines? Sorry, just would like to know this because its not clear.

 

Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2019 at 4:51 AM, dante5102 said:

I am really sorry for replying so late. But here is the file u need. 305 bios for FX504GM i58300H Gtx1060.

 

Again Sorry for late reply , I didnt visit the website since 13th of feb.

FX504GM.305

No problem on late reply - thanks for the file.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2019 at 4:51 AM, dante5102 said:

I am really sorry for replying so late. But here is the file u need. 305 bios for FX504GM i58300H Gtx1060.

 

Again Sorry for late reply , I didnt visit the website since 13th of feb.

FX504GM.305

After flashing this with WinFlash and rebooting it still says I have BIOS 303... 

 

However after some cinebench tests there seems to be no power throttling anymore :o hmmm

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×