Nvidia: No next gen graphics cards for a long time

Wh0_Am_1
1 hour ago, mynameisjuan said:

Show me on the doll where the big bad Nvidia touched you....

I still cant believe how many people think that companies HAVE to release new stuff. 

What's more baffling is how many people think they even have to have something to release. Like you can't get stuck on a problem for more than x amount of time. Or that y amount of money can solve anything.

1 minute ago, laminutederire said:

What's more baffling is how many people think they even have to have something to release. Like you can't get stuck on a problem for more than x amount of time. Or that y amount of money can solve anything.

Exactly. We are getting to the point in technology where improvements are getting smaller and smaller until we have a next big break through. Phones are at their limits, TVs are thin as a quarter, CPUs are being squeezed for every last inch of performance. 

The late 90s and early 2000's ruined the way most people think about tech and how something new that can improve performance by 15-50% year after year is a thing that must be up hold. 

Yet people are bitching about new phones because its just the same thing, new TVs are not thin enough still, new ultra books are not fast enough with 6 cores or battery is too shit when it last 10 hours or that GPUs are stagnating. Its all bull shit and you cant just expect companies to come out constantly with a new product. 

No shit, nVidia got no competition and Intel, really? All Intel got are shitty 1000+ rebrands of HD/UHD Intel Omega Ultra iGP shitsets. And AMD got no real answer against GTX1080Ti. Maybe Vega 64 but that's no real answer because there are a lot of DX11 games and AMD GPU's are faster for DX12 games.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

NVDA has abandon us gamers for the sever market.... Time to support  AMD lets GO AMD 

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

@Princess Cadence i want a new Gen of GPUs that way the older gens will flow into the used market allwhile generally dropping im price. Im currently looking at R9 290x for a temporary upgrade. Would be nice if i could get a 980/ti or Fury instead. 

Im a cheapskate and i plan om keeping that way

How much do 980tis go for where you are? 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

6 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

How much do 980tis go for where you are? 

Roughly 400-450$. Cost difference between countries i would place them at 350$.

Just now, GoldenLag said:

Roughly 400-450$. Cost difference between countries i would place them at 350$.

Damn, got my 980ti for £250(320/330USD) last November/December time. Then I got my Vega 64 for 415 not long after. I do wish I sold my Vega for 850 when I could have ?

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

18 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Exactly. We are getting to the point in technology where improvements are getting smaller and smaller until we have a next big break through. Phones are at their limits, TVs are thin as a quarter, CPUs are being squeezed for every last inch of performance. 

The late 90s and early 2000's ruined the way most people think about tech and how something new that can improve performance by 15-50% year after year is a thing that must be up hold. 

Yet people are bitching about new phones because its just the same thing, new TVs are not thin enough still, new ultra books are not fast enough with 6 cores or battery is too shit when it last 10 hours or that GPUs are stagnating. Its all bull shit and you cant just expect companies to come out constantly with a new product. 

We can still be a bit sad that things don't move in the right direction though. At least in our case, we could still hope for significant leaps in performance. Those leaps however can unfortunately mostly come from software more than hardware. 

RIP well I only hope the delay means they plan on making it significantly faster and not just a minor increase that disappointing everyone.

2 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

Damn, got my 980ti for £250(320/330USD) last November/December time. Then I got my Vega 64 for 415 not long after. I do wish I sold my Vega for 850 when I could have ?

Vega 64/56 went for 1000$ here. Whish i bought them when they were 700$

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

Vega 64/56 went for 1000$ here. Whish i bought them when they were 700$

850GBP is like 1100 dollars, some were even going for as much as £920, it was madness.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

5 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

850GBP is like 1100 dollars, some were even going for as much as £920, it was madness.

Roughly 8000-1000 NOK here. You could buy them new for roughly 6000NOK. 6000NOK for the silver edition. After they didnt lock the prices at MSRP the silver was at times cheaper than the black ones

Edit: They can now be found between 5500NOK and 8000 NOK

56 minutes ago, Lathlaer said:

Joking aside, the people who have problem with that are probably sitting on a 980/980ti who were delaying their upgrade and now they are conflicted and left wondering what does "not anytime soon" mean in Jensen's vocabulary

I sold my TITAN X Maxwell on September last year for about the price 1070's were going around 450~... bought the FE 1080 Ti second hand (literally just 3 weeks of use) from a closing down rendering studio in October just before the mining craze... paid 600 dollars for it.

I got lucky yeah... the longer it lasts now indeed the happier I'll be.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

8 hours ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

So the question is, why is this happening, is Nvidia having issues or is the GTX 10 series just too successful for Nvidia to inovate?

Personally I think it's because the Pascal architecture is so powerful. With the launch of Pascal Nvidia broke the 4GB VRAM barrier for consumer cards, we had cards that competed with top end Maxwell cards (i.e. the 1070 close to 980Ti and Titan XM performance) and we finally could reach 2000MHz+ on air cooling.  

Edited by LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

10 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

I got lucky yeah... the longer it lasts now indeed the happier I'll be.

You have a solid 8-9/10 on luck scale from me!

I have a solid 7/10 for buying not one but two of them at MSRP. Yeah, these are the times we live in :D

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

1 hour ago, Brooksie359 said:

It sounds like not as long as people think. I mean he said that there will be a launch yet which leads me to believe that the launch has already been planned but it isn't in the near future. Maybe late this year or early next. 

Yeah, that's what I was implying. A long time in the tech world could mean anything since it moves so fast.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

8 hours ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Intel has a project lined up to launch in 2019, at least that was the last I heard on the subject.

Intel getting a gaming card out by 2020 is very optimistic. It takes a couple of years to design a GPU worth beans, and Intel has to be doubly sure that they won't cross any patents or copyrights held by either NVIDIA or AMD. 2022? That's a little bit better.

Lappy: i7 8750H | GTX 1060 Max Q | 16Gb 2666Mhz RAM | 256Gb SSD | 1TB HDD | 1080p IPS panel @60Hz | Dell G5

It feels like nVidia, AMD and Intel have guns drawn at each other and they are all waiting and examining each other to predict who's gonna shot who first. It sucks for those who are on the fence of buying/upgrading but clearly the battlefield is slowly shifting toward 2019.

nVidia probably has something in the left wing in case AMD pulls out a unicorn or Raja reinvents the wheel at Intel. At this rate, I would not be surprised to see a 1080Ti-Ti refresh just to keep nVidia people happy until Ampere shows up.

Current Build: SD-DESK-07

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy // PSU: SeaSonic SS-650RM // Motherboard: P8Z77-I DELUXE // CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k // Cooler: Corsair H80i // RAM: Patriot Intel Extreme Masters 2X8GB DDR3 1600MHz // SSD: Crucial M500 240GB // Video: EVGA GeForce GTX 660Ti SC 2GB

4 minutes ago, SpencerC said:

Intel getting a gaming card out by 2020 is very optimistic. It takes a couple of years to design a GPU worth beans, and Intel has to be doubly sure that they won't cross any patents or copyrights held by either NVIDIA or AMD. 2022? That's a little bit better.

Unless they have been working on it for a while. In that case 2019 might be realistic.

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy // PSU: SeaSonic SS-650RM // Motherboard: P8Z77-I DELUXE // CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k // Cooler: Corsair H80i // RAM: Patriot Intel Extreme Masters 2X8GB DDR3 1600MHz // SSD: Crucial M500 240GB // Video: EVGA GeForce GTX 660Ti SC 2GB

4 minutes ago, Tribalinius said:

At this rate, I would not be surprised to see a 1080Ti-Ti refresh just to keep nVidia people happy until Ampere shows up.

Time for Titan Xp "Avengers" Edition! 

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

1 hour ago, mynameisjuan said:

Please, Nvidia has had no trouble at all delivering 25%-30% performance increases year over year. They have the next GPU's designed and ready to go, they are just holding off production because it makes financial sense.

Why did Intel churn out the same old 4 core processors with 5% yearly improvements between 2012 and 2017? Because that was the best they could do? No way. All of a sudden AMD releases competitive 6 core and 8 core CPU's, and BOOM a few months later intel steps up their game with Coffee Lake 6 core and 12 thread CPU's, and i9 with many more cores to compete with Threadripper.

i5 6400 Skylake to i5 7400 Kaby Lake: 7% increase in performance.

i5 7400 Kaby Lake to i5 8400 Coffee lake: sudden 25% increase in performance.

If you think this is all a coincidence.. You're very gullible indeed.

These are businesses, their aim is to make money. It makes no financial sense for them to release the new product now because they own the majority of the market already and the previous product is still selling. They are maximizing profit and return on their R&D investments by delaying the release.

Just now, Tribalinius said:

Unless they have been working on it for a while. In that case 2019 might be realistic.

Considering that Intel JUST hired Raja Koduri late last year I would seriously have to doubt that statement. I think we all know how Intel's last bug GPU venture went...........tis be the reason why Intel brought on Jim Keller most likely. Zen is looking better by the day, and the Core architecture and ringbus method of connecting cores is starting to get rather dated.

Lappy: i7 8750H | GTX 1060 Max Q | 16Gb 2666Mhz RAM | 256Gb SSD | 1TB HDD | 1080p IPS panel @60Hz | Dell G5

7 hours ago, leadeater said:

It's called no competition. No company has to release new products, if there is no need then why do it. I could clean my car, I don't feel like doing it right now and no one can force me to, no one can force Nvidia to release a new architecture.

Everyone can get Volta now and stop waiting. Only the low low price of €3000

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

10 minutes ago, maartendc said:

Please, Nvidia has had no trouble at all delivering 25%-30% performance increases year over year. They have the next GPU's designed and ready to go, they are just holding off production because it makes financial sense.

Why did Intel churn out the same old 4 core processors with 5% yearly improvements between 2012 and 2017? Because that was the best they could do? No way. All of a sudden AMD releases competitive 6 core and 8 core CPU's, and BOOM a few months later intel steps up their game with Coffee Lake 6 core and 12 thread CPU's, and i9 with many more cores to compete with Threadripper.

i5 6400 Skylake to i5 7400 Kaby Lake: 7% increase in performance.

i5 7400 Kaby Lake to i5 8400 Coffee lake: sudden 25% increase in performance.

If you think this is all a coincidence.. You're very gullible indeed.

These are businesses, their aim is to make money. It makes no financial sense for them to release the new product now because they own the majority of the market already and the previous product is still selling. They are maximizing profit and return on their R&D investments by delaying the release.

You obviously have never read my opinion of previous post. The post you quoted me was in people feeling that they are entitled for businesses to release something new every year, no excuse. Which is bullshit. 

I have always been on the side of businesses are there to make money. No point in churning up more factories and wasting money on it when 1080tis are still king by a long shot and AMD is showing no signs that they will catch up. 

Nvidia or any business can do what the hell it wants. They dont owe anyone anything in terms of releasing something. 

2 minutes ago, SpencerC said:

Considering that Intel JUST hired Raja Koduri late last year I would seriously have to doubt that statement. I think we all know how Intel's last bug GPU venture went...........tis be the reason why Intel brought on Jim Keller most likely. Zen is looking better by the day, and the Core architecture and ringbus method of connecting cores is starting to get rather dated.

The project is probably under a metric ton of NDA for all we know. I really doubt Intel waited for Raja to leave to start their project. I'm sure some of the groundwork has already been done by the time he signed with them. The faster Intel gets his GPU on the market, the better it will be for all of us anyway.