Fortnite on the GOD of Monitors!

Buy ASUS monitors on Amazon: http://geni.us/Zp7WT9J

A sneak peak at the best gaming monitor on the market! The ASUS PG27UQ is 4K, runs at 144Hz, has 1,000 nit HDR, AND G-SYNC. Nothing beats it…except maybe the Acer X27 4K- but that’s not out yet!

I'd complain about why's it got to be fortnite, but I suppose there's not many games that can be run at 4k 144hz lol.

Edit - oh well now i've watched it take that back, it can't run at 4k 144hz lol. Now i question why its in the title, or is it just for the extra views that videos with Fortnite in the title seem to get? :S 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

and still looks like an n64 game

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Oh cool an RGB monitor

Wait a second...

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

a few weeks ago they released a video with a monitor that had Fortnite on it in the thumbnail, even though Fortnite was never actually played in the video

i like trains 🙂

Why? Why Fortnite?  What's it with the hype about it?

And whats the point of a 4K 144hz monitor if you barely have any games/gpu's capable of handling it?(I mean regular users, LTT has every gpu already)

1 minute ago, timl132 said:

And whats the point of a 4K 144hz monitor if you barely have any games/gpu's capable of handling it?(I mean regular users, LTT has every gpu already)

The future gpus will be able to push it, the monitor is just a bit ahead of it's time.

Lol, I was expecting Linus to play Minecraft on the monitor or something.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

I got an idea, isn't an HDR monitor with adjustable backlight for certain pixels easy to make by taking an 4k panel, and putting an 1080p monochrome panel behind it, and then putting a bright backlight behind it?

You got very precise backlight control per pixel(or per like 9 pixels or so in a square), and it doesn't cost that much, and it is almost no extra thickness.

1080p panels are quite cheap nowadays.

So why does no-one do it, or am I just a very intelligent person? ;)

Interesting video, I really enjoyed this one. Though after getting Acer's XB321HK, I wouldn't trade the extra five inches for either HDR or high refresh rate. Granted I play mostly X Plane and P3D, neither of which can realistically be driven much above 60FPS with good add-ons and reasonable graphics settings, but I really feel 32 inches and up is where 4K becomes worthwhile. I use it quite comfortably without scaling, which I couldn't say of 27" 4K displays.

The projectors and RGB on the back of the monitor is a weird choice considering the price, you'd think they would be aiming for a more professional look on a monitor that will cost thousands.

3 hours ago, timl132 said:

I got an idea, isn't an HDR monitor with adjustable backlight for certain pixels easy to make by taking an 4k panel, and putting an 1080p monochrome panel behind it, and then putting a bright backlight behind it?

You got very precise backlight control per pixel(or per like 9 pixels or so in a square), and it doesn't cost that much, and it is almost no extra thickness.

But that wouldn't give you control over individual pixels for the 2160p panel since the 1080p panel only has 1/4th the pixel count right?

And would that even work?

This is just another reason why I'm eagerly awaiting next year and HDMI 2.1 with adaptive refresh rate and 

image.png.09c09e57f92d9537f09a0d524c315cd6.png

I love my display ports, but I'm waiting for LG OLED to crack open the big display over 120Hz gaming with full colors (no chroma subsampling).

That will be THE moment when you are able to get pristine OLED picture quality together with low input lag, adaptive refresh rate and high refresh rate HDR gaming. 

I'm just hoping AMD comes out with something worthwhile until then becasue nvidia supporting an "open standard" adaptive refresh is not gonna happen :D

PS: Personally. LG could drive the price then down to 2-3.000 USD for a 55-65" beast because the probable price of this Asus will be freaking huge for a measly 27" panel.

6 hours ago, timl132 said:

Same reason why you could "argue" that the solution would be to simply put a OLED monochrome" 4K aray behind it and get the same :) hehe.   

That would simply be too much work to sync both plus I'm really doubtful you could get 1000 nits. :)

I feel like the main reason I would get this is to have 4k for watching videos and desktop environment, then go to a lower resolution for games so I can get 144hz with out killing my video card.

I'd just like to let you know the Glasswire affiliate link doesn't work.It just redirects you to the main page of their site.

4k at 27 inches is a bit hard to use without scaling. If this monitor were 32 inches, than I would be all over this monitor. It is still an impressive monitor for gaming though. 

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

I'll wait for the $1499 free-sync version thanks.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

So... Linus , you and i have very different idea's on what God like and 'has everything' is when it comes to Monitors.

1, its not ultra wide 2160p.

2. its still LCD crap

3. its small

While it seems 'nice', its still LCD and thats the killer. That price...for an LCD ..laughable. Its great it has FALD, BUT its IPS .so its going to have IPS glow, and even with that many arrays for FLAD, it still has blooming.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

3 hours ago, SolarNova said:2. its still LCD crap.

And what else would they have used? OLED still has burn-in problems and there's not a whole lot else!

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

I'd like the monitor's projectors to project the time.  The standalone clocks that do that are cool; it'd certainly be more appealing than a logo.    

On 6/3/2018 at 3:00 PM, timl132 said:

19 hours ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

And what else would they have used? OLED still has burn-in problems and there's not a whole lot else!

OLED.

Burn in problems ? Not really. This is an unfortunatly common misconception.

Check out rtings.com they are doing a real world excelerated burn in test.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/real-life-oled-burn-in-test

Currently, it shows that it would take a year of a person playing the same game with a static UI, 4 hours a day, every day, with NOTHING else ever displayed on the screen, for burn in to be just barely(really ..barely) visable on certain solid color backgrounds, but still unnoticable with normal content onscreen.

Current OLED TV state:

Can OLED burn in ? YES

Will they burn in on current devices like Mobiles ? yes ofcourse, mobiles have super high contrast static UIs. Its a poor display tech choice for mobiles.

Will OLED burn in on your average broad use TV? No

Will OLED burn in on shop displays with same repeating content with static logos ? Yes

Will OLED burn in if all you watch is CNN ? Yes

Will OLED burn in if you use it for general gaming ? No

Will OLED burn in if you play the same game over and over for many hours every day ? YES eventualy (~1 year)

Will OLED burn in with PC use ? Yes if you treat it like a LCD , No if your treat it like a CRT/Plasma

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

I know he said it requires DP 1.4 but would Thunderbolt 3 also work?

• 1 month later...