Huge inputlag.. sort of

Go to solution Solved by Ukaros,

So here i am again. ive done my testing and Razer Synapse was not the problem. However a program called Breevy caused the problem. Ive had it disabled now for about 2 weeks and the problem didnt occure anymore.

once again id like to thank you @syn2112 for your help <3

have a great day and until then.

Hey there :)

(so this is a repost because noone could help me and the threat has gone silent. link to the original post: Link)

so ive been struggling with this problem for about 2 months and didnt find a way to fix it. its kind of hard to discribe but i hope youll understand. please excuse any mistakte to to the fact that english is not my native tongue.

ever since i reinstalled my win 10 (c drive reformated etc.) ive got a problem with my pc (didnt have it before). when i first start the pc everything is working flawlessly. all the games are running as they should. but after some time (and closing whatever game i had open before) and open another or the same game my pc is having insane "inputlags". This can also occure after tabing out of a game.

In Arma 3 that means that my character keeps running for 2-30 meters after i released whatever key i had pressed. in Overwatch however it makes every action i made but with a delay of about 20sec.

the only game that is not affected by this is League of Legends (no clue why). after a restart of my pc everything works again until... - well until the loop start over again....

i dont really wanna reformat my c drive again because that would mean that i would loose my office licence (its only for 1 pc) and i would need to buy a new one.

what ive tried so far:

• disabling DVR via registry
  • disabling fast reboot
  • disabling shadowplay (or whatever its called now)
  • reinstalling nvidia drivers and geforce experience
  • Trying old nvidia drivers
  • setting powermode to high
  • reinstalling whatever game that problem occurres in
  • disabling cortana via registry
  • temperatures of cpu, gpu and ram are normal
  • SSD or HDD doesnt matter
  • i think ive tried some other things but i cant remember them right now

hardware:

see attached picture

heres a short clip of the problem recorded with my phone. yes i know my table is messy right now but im replugging everything to find out if its a problem with any of my devices (but doesnt seem like it). and please dont kill me for not recording in landscape mode but you wouldnt be able to see both my mouse/keyboard and screen at the same time.

https://youtu.be/Qht8O6-K6Oo

hardware.PNG

@Ukaros

first of all reset BIOS cuz sometimes weird overclocks can cause this 

and second, use this program " http://www.resplendence.com/download/LatencyMon.exe ", after installing it and opening it, there's a play button on the top left, press that, and try to recreate the same input latency issue, after you're done show screen shots of the Drivers Tab in the program, sort it by "Highest Execution".

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

first of all thanks for the answer.

i havent dealt with BIOS that much so how do i reset it? If u mean removing the CMos Batterie: ive done that like 2 days ago because i fucked up some setting in there :D

so... ive been trying to get this bug to appear again but had no "luck" so far... i dont know yet whether the problem is fixed or it just didnt appear yet. Since yesterday (when i had the bug appear last time) i only updated my windows (i mean what miracle would it be if a fucking windows update would have fixed this bug? :D) ill get back to you either when the bug is fixed or when it has reappeared and ive got the "logs" youve asked for.

14 hours ago, Ukaros said:

first of all thanks for the answer.

i havent dealt with BIOS that much so how do i reset it? If u mean removing the CMos Batterie: ive done that like 2 days ago because i fucked up some setting in there :D

should tag me when you answer, was wondering why i didnt get a response, and you don't have to remove the battery to reset BIOS, just go into BIOS and there's something that should reset BIOS to default settings.

12 hours ago, Ukaros said:

so... ive been trying to get this bug to appear again but had no "luck" so far... i dont know yet whether the problem is fixed or it just didnt appear yet. Since yesterday (when i had the bug appear last time) i only updated my windows (i mean what miracle would it be if a fucking windows update would have fixed this bug? :D) ill get back to you either when the bug is fixed or when it has reappeared and ive got the "logs" youve asked for.

really weird issue to appear from time to time, maybe something you plugged in your USB ports is causing this, when this happens again try removing all USB ports and keeping the keyboard or mouse.

@syn2112 so here i am again... :D so i might have a clue what causes the problem and that beeing my wacom graphic tablet but im not 100% sure about it. ill try some stuff out with it however here a screenshot of the Latency Mon. i hope thats what u asked for

latency.PNG

@syn2112 heres another one ... no clue why they look so different. i took this one while still having OW open in the background and having unplugged the graphics tablet (problem was still there). both test have been running for only like 30sec or so. dont know whether u need more then that

latency 2.PNG

@Ukaros
everything seems okay to me, was this during the input lag issue? 

1 minute ago, syn2112 said:

@Ukaros
everything seems okay to me, was this during the input lag issue? 

yes

4 minutes ago, Ukaros said:

yes

thats so damn weird.. basically kernel is not detecting this lag issue, yet somehow your PC seems to run in slow motion at times.

i guess keep hoping that the problem was the Wacom Tablet. Edit: oh the problem wasnt Wacom :D sorry
i seriously have no idea, i've never encountered anything like this before.

6 minutes ago, Ukaros said:

yes

has to be something in your BIOS, did you try resetting that to default settings?

2 minutes ago, syn2112 said:

thats so damn weird.. basically kernel is not detecting this lag issue, yet somehow your PC seems to run in slow motion at times.

i guess keep hoping that the problem was the Wacom Tablet. Edit: oh the problem wasnt Wacom :D sorry
i seriously have no idea, i've never encountered anything like this before.

yea ill just keep it unplugged and see whats happening^^ also dont have a clue and never seen or heard of that issue.... but thanks anyways man!<3

1 minute ago, syn2112 said:

has to be something in your BIOS, did you try resetting that to default settings?

actually havent done that yet because the problem didnt occure until today

Just now, Ukaros said:

actually havent done that yet because the problem didnt occure until today

what's your motherboard model?

Just now, syn2112 said:

what's your motherboard model?

should be in the screenshot way on top

1 minute ago, Ukaros said:

should be in the screenshot way on top

oh you're using an Alienware prebuilt... don't know how you would reset the BIOS, but it should be in BIOS settings, you don't have to remove any battery or open the computer.

best thing to do is just reinstall windows :/ or if you have an extra hard drive, install windows on that and unplug the other ones, just for testing.

Just now, syn2112 said:

oh you're using an Alienware prebuilt... don't know how you would reset the BIOS, but it should be in BIOS settings, you don't have to remove any battery or open the computer.

best thing to do is just reinstall windows :/ or if you have an extra hard drive, install windows on that and unplug the other ones, just for testing.

yes... ive made my mistakes^^

problem beeing that i will loose my office licence by reinstalling windows because that fucker didnt let me install it on a different drive.... and sadly dont have another drive around

2 minutes ago, Ukaros said:

oh you're using an Alienware prebuilt

as i sad: it was a big mistage :D but it held up for like 7 years or so (with only upgrading my gpu) so thats not to bad

@syn2112

sooooo... here i am again...

so today ive tried the "reset bios"... however i didnt really read what was written there so what happened is obviously my fault.

so yea... ive reset the bios what caused my pc to no longer find my windows install and wouldnt boot anymore. ive tried basically everything i could find on the internet but it didnt work (bootrec, diskpart and some other random sh*t). after strugling for about 2h i decided to reinstall windows entirely (which was also a pain in the *ss because somehow my my bootable usb stick got f*cked in between and also asked for recovery). so here i am with a newly installed windows. the nex few days ill test if the problem still occures and if not im going to mark this thread as solved.

until then and again: Thanks a lot for your help! <3

@syn2112

sorry if im spaming you but i accedently quoted myself. so this is just in case that you wouldnt get a message that i answered you

Just now, Ukaros said:

@syn2112

sorry if im spaming you but i accedently quoted myself. so this is just in case that you wouldnt get a message that i answered you

its alright man :) no worries
resetting BIOS shouldn't have broken your Windows at all, you probably had to change some settings in BIOS to get windows to work again, UEFI / Legacy ... IDE / AHCI etc etc..

but anyway atleast now you're on a fresh Windows install :) hope it goes well

2 minutes ago, syn2112 said:

its alright man :) no worries
resetting BIOS shouldn't have broken your Windows at all, you probably had to change some settings in BIOS to get windows to work again, UEFI / Legacy ... IDE / AHCI etc etc..

but anyway atleast now you're on a fresh Windows install :) hope it goes well

man i have no clue what happened... the only thing i did was resetting my bios but that also removed the SBK (honestly i have no clue what it does and if this can cause this issue but whatever :D)

the error was: 0xc0000225

and i somehow still got my office to work (also no clue why it didnt work the first time i tried that) so i didnt loose anything other than time

3 minutes ago, Ukaros said:

man i have no clue what happened... the only thing i did was resetting my bios but that also removed the SBK (honestly i have no clue what it does and if this can cause this issue but whatever :D)

the error was: 0xc0000225

and i somehow still got my office to work (also no clue why it didnt work the first time i tried that) so i didnt loose anything other than time

man that is weird as hell :D never heard of a BIOS having anything to with breaking windows, but im glad you got Office sorted out, let me know if the problems are gone 

On 13.6.2018 at 12:24 AM, syn2112 said:

man that is weird as hell :D never heard of a BIOS having anything to with breaking windows, but im glad you got Office sorted out, let me know if the problems are gone 

f*ck me man... i still have the problem.... i have no clue what it could be... i think ill give up at this point... or completely reset my pc (meaning every f*cking drive)

7 hours ago, Ukaros said:

f*ck me man... i still have the problem.... i have no clue what it could be... i think ill give up at this point... or completely reset my pc (meaning every f*cking drive)

if the problem still exists after the format then i don't think the drives have anything to do with this :/ could be hardware issue but i have no idea what that could be, its really weird