Oh no

Go to solution Solved by Prouser123X,

After looking it up, this seems to be a common issue, and most people are finding that it is caused by RAM.  See this diagram. If all else fails, look for a postcode or try to connect a beeper speaker.

chrome_2018-06-03_12-34-36.png.da3f3b0eae64dd4000b4a445b94c6da7.png

So I recently switched my pc from Intel to amd ryzen 7 1700, and after installing it with the new mobo and connecting the cables, the Pc would say no signal although the hdmi is connected to my gpu

Did you connect the case power button? (Happens to me)

Can you see anything turning on?

11 minutes ago, Prouser123X said:

Did you connect the case power button? (Happens to me)

Can you see anything turning on?

It turns on and lights up but no signal

Make sure you have the HDMI cable connected to your GPU, and not the motherboard graphics port. With the Ryzen 7 1700, the HDMI port on the motherboard will not work. With that CPU you will need a discrete graphics card in order to have display.

What model graphics card do you have installed? Does it require power from the PSU? Are they plugged in?
Are all other power connectors connected to the motherboard; the 24-pin motherboard power and the CPU power.

As mentioned, is the case power button connected to the correct pins on the motherboard (check your motherboard manual to find which pins it needs to be plugged in to)

Is the power switch on the back of the PSU turned on?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Make sure you have the HDMI cable connected to your GPU, and not the motherboard graphics port. With the Ryzen 7 1700, the HDMI port on the motherboard will not work. With that CPU you will need a discrete graphics card in order to have display.

What model graphics card do you have installed? Does it require power from the PSU? Are they plugged in?
Are all other power connectors connected to the motherboard; the 24-pin motherboard power and the CPU power.

As mentioned, is the case power button connected to the correct pins on the motherboard (check your motherboard manual to find which pins it needs to be plugged in to)

Is the power switch on the back of the PSU turned on?

The hdmi is plugged into my gtx 1050 ti, the Pc turns on but with no signal, I don’t know the problem but I’m suspecting the hd audio cable or the power sw, led - and led + cables

AMD supposedly can take a few minutes to initialize on first boot from what I've heard. How long did you leave it running?

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

Just now, chckovsky said:

AMD supposedly can take a few minutes to initialize on first boot from what I've heard. How long did you leave it running?

5-10 minutes and still no signal

2 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

I don’t know the problem but I’m suspecting the hd audio cable or the power sw, led - and led + cables

This seems unlikely to cause a problem.

Are you sure the GPU is seated correctly? What motherboard do you have? Some MBs will have post codes that can be very helpful in a situation like yours.

1 minute ago, HairyPotter said:

5-10 minutes and still no signal

ahh that should be plenty from what I've read

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

2 minutes ago, chckovsky said:

This seems unlikely to cause a problem.

Are you sure the GPU is seated correctly? What motherboard do you have? Some MBs will have post codes that can be very helpful in a situation like yours.

ahh that should be plenty from what I've read

I’ll give it another 20 minutes to make sure, and my mobo is the asus prime b350 plus

1 minute ago, HairyPotter said:

The hdmi is plugged into my gtx 1050 ti, the Pc turns on but with no signal, I don’t know the problem but I’m suspecting the hd audio cable or the power sw, led - and led + cables

If the computer turns on and appears to run correctly (fans running properly, no warning noises or error codes, issues, or shut downs) then it shouldn't be anything to do with the power button switch cables.

Most 1050tis require additional power from the power supply to function. Is it plugged in from the power supply?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

If the computer turns on and appears to run correctly (fans running properly, no warning noises or error codes, issues, or shut downs) then it shouldn't be anything to do with the power button switch cables.

Most 1050tis require additional power from the power supply to function. Is it plugged in from the power supply?

Y s it is the 6pin

Just for a sanity check, is the other end of the HDMI cable plugged in to the monitor?

On your monitor, see if there is a button on the bottom/side/back that allows you to switch inputs or access an on screen menu (this is driven by the monitor itself, doesn't require computer display) that allows you to switch inputs. It may be set on "Input 1" while the cable is plugged in to "Input 2", or vice versa. Alternatively try swapping the HDMI cable input in the motherboard to a different port on the motherboard if it has more than one input.

Just for a sanity check, is the other end of the HDMI cable plugged in to the monitor?

On your monitor, see if there is a button on the bottom/side/back that allows you to switch inputs or access an on screen menu (this is driven by the monitor itself, doesn't require computer display) that allows you to switch inputs. It may be set on "Input 1" while the cable is plugged in to "Input 2", or vice versa. Alternatively try swapping the HDMI cable input in the motherboard to a different port on the motherboard if it has more than one input.

Yes the hdmi is plugged into my monitor, I’ll try the swapping thing

7 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Nope still doesn’t work

9 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

Nope still doesn’t work

21 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

and my mobo is the asus prime b350 plus

Try the graphics card in a different PCIe slot. The B350 plus should have multiple PCIe x16 slots.

It's possible that one or more of the PCIe slots are dead. This could be due to a bad (DOA) motherboard or bent CPU pins.

18 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Try the graphics card in a different PCIe slot. The B350 plus should have multiple PCIe x16 slots.

It's possible that one or more of the PCIe slots are dead. This could be due to a bad (DOA) motherboard or bent CPU pins.

Changed the place of the gpu, the gpu fans turned on but no signal

After looking it up, this seems to be a common issue, and most people are finding that it is caused by RAM.  See this diagram. If all else fails, look for a postcode or try to connect a beeper speaker.

chrome_2018-06-03_12-34-36.png.da3f3b0eae64dd4000b4a445b94c6da7.png

7 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

Changed the place of the gpu, the house fans turned on but no signal

The fans on the GPU weren't turning on before in the other slot?
After reading the motherboard spec sheet it says it only has 1x PCI x16 slot. Make sure the graphics card is inserted in to the top, slightly grey coloured slot.

Also follow @Prouser123X instructions for installing the RAM.

@Spotty On this PDF (linked above) it shows two x16 slots, with the top slot being recommended for better performance.

After taking a closer look at the PDF, it appears to have been last updated late 2016 / early 2017. Here is the overview of the motherboard in the PDF.

chrome_2018-06-03_12-45-19.png.62ed05f65597e1b58dcf117cc157a885.png

3 minutes ago, Prouser123X said:

@Spotty On this PDF (linked above) it shows two x16 slots, with the top slot being recommended for better performance.

After taking a closer look at the PDF, it appears to have been last updated late 2016 / early 2017. Here is the overview of the motherboard in the PDF.

chrome_2018-06-03_12-45-19.png.62ed05f65597e1b58dcf117cc157a885.png

Like you said the ram was the problem, it’s all fixed now

5 minutes ago, Prouser123X said:

Yeah, I misread the website and thought it only had 1 slot (which I thought was weird for an ATX board). :D

image.png.8cf070da2a39bfe0d23f9a04f8436ccc.png

The 2nd slot only runs at 4x speeds with PCIe 2.0 according to the specs on the website. Card should still work in it, but like you said better performance in the top slot.

3 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

Like you said the ram was the problem, it’s all fixed now

You should mark @Prouser123X post as the solution with the picture of the RAM installation as the solution instead of my post, since it was he who found the solution so he should get the credit, and will also make it easier for anyone else experiencing the same problem to find the solution.