Fan Controller that works while booting

Go to solution Solved by VicciVicVic,

Just set a custom fan curve in the BIOS and delete the software. It's normal for the fans and pumps to turn 100% on startup. When i set my curve, they only do it for half a second or so. An even easier solution would be to just fill your reservoir up fully, like it's meant to be.

Hi there, 

just a quick question: Do most of the external fan controllers work immideatly when turning on the pc and do they keep the settings?

I have a completely watercooled setup and every time I turn on my PC every fan and the pump turn to 100% until the software is loaded. The fans are not that problematic, but as my reservoir is mounted horizontally and is not filled up completely, at 100% the pump pushes air into the loop every time I boot. Thats so annoying. 

Thanks for any tips and any help.

Robert

Just set a custom fan curve in the BIOS and delete the software. It's normal for the fans and pumps to turn 100% on startup. When i set my curve, they only do it for half a second or so. An even easier solution would be to just fill your reservoir up fully, like it's meant to be.

If you have controller with its own memory or which uses just voltage regulations, then yes. But there are others like Commander Pro and Grid+ which use software for controlling. Also, mobo controls kick in when PC starts.

But as said, easier solution is to make better layout decisions.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Aquaero runs on its own hardware.

Though of course software sensor readings aren't available until OS has booted up.

So using physical sensors as main control or backup with well chosen software sensor default/"fail safe" value when not connected to software would be needed to overcome that.

Thanks for the help. Will probably try to fill up that reservoir.