In Six Months, 'Fortnite: Battle Royale' Has Cut PUBG's PC Playerbase In Half

Damirmk
Message added by Crunchy Dragon

Keep this civil, and remember our community guidelines.

Interesting, but isn't Epic owned by Tencent? And wasn't PUBG made in part at least by Tencent? So in the end doesn't Tencent win either way?

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

10 hours ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Interesting, but isn't Epic owned by Tencent? And wasn't PUBG made in part at least by Tencent? So in the end doesn't Tencent win either way?

Tencent lose out if epic somehow loses a lawsuit against them, Tencent investors into Blue hole

I can't wait for something else to do the same to Fortnite.

Nature of the free market. Companies will rise and fall. In fact it's necessary for companies to rise and fall. Most of the problems we are experiencing as a society (financially) result from companies not being allowed to die off when they should. Nevermind those at the top not experiencing any ill effects of their own bad decisions, short sightedness, etc.

Personally I cannot wait for the next fad to kill off Battle Royale entirely. It's going to happen sooner or later, and it cannot come too swiftly as I am sick and tired of hearing about Battle Royale. A narcissistic, and entirely shallow game mode in my humble opinion.

Honestly I'd like to see multiplayer take a complete and utter dive across all platforms and game types. When Halo 2 became as popular as it did, I remember saying that online multiplayer would kill off single player gaming. It would become the focus.

And it largely has (or is starting to), at least as far as Triple A is concerned. Because you can bilk people for money for stupid reasons that way. Maybe we'll get lucky and the average consumer will wake up and realize how much money they are wasting on stupid, impermanent-by-design products.

But I doubt that will happen.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs