I Need Help In Choosing A Console

Need Help In Choosing Consoles  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which Console Should I Go For

• Xbox One X
    • PS4 Pro

I love that I can jump between my PC and Xbox One with these Xbox Play Anywhere titles.  I don't have my Xbox One and my gaming PC in the same room.  So if I'm downstairs in my mancave, I can chill and play Forza Horizon 3 on my pc.  If I decide to come up stairs and play on my living room tv, I power on the Xbox One.  I also love that I didn't have to buy another Xbox One to coop these games with my wife.  With Gears 4, the wife and I wanted to have our own screens (not do splitscreen).  She games on the Xbox One, I game on my PC.

I've lost count of how many hours, her, me and a couple friends of ours, have spent on horde mode in Gears 4, a game not released on ps4.  Looking forward Gears 5, Halo Infinite, and Crackdown 3 too when they come out too.

Not everything I'm posting here is directly for the OP.  I'm aware that he will eventually get a gaming PC/Laptop and said that in his situation I'd probably go PS4.

But for others reading this thread, I think it's fair to explain what I have enjoyed about the Xbox One so far.   I'm primarily a PC gamer but now can play along with my console buddies with some Xbox Play Anywhere titles.  My wife is primarily a console gamer and has mostly played Xbox One out of all our consoles.  In the past we bought 2 360s to coop our favourite titles. But now, I haven't been forced to buy a second Xbox One yet thanks to Xbox Player Anywhere (which looks like will be the standard for their major exclusive titles going forward).

I like that if i don't feel like going downstairs on my computer, the same titles (and save files/progression) are there on my Xbox One in my living room.  Pretty handy for me.

Some people either don't have (and some don't intend to get) a gaming PC or simply don't want to move or set one up in their living room.  And if those people want to play, Gears, Forza, etc... would a Xbox One not be a good choice for them?

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/2/2018 at 5:03 AM, Nakshatra said:

I get that Xbox Has More Power but but does that really matter when there are not much games coming out for it.

And BTW i have Friends but none of them likes Consoles, TBH they call me comsole peasent

and games coming out for Xbox Are gonna anyway come For PC and i am gonna buy one later

There are plenty of games coming out for the Xbox. It may be a little sparse on the exclusive games but every third party game that is coming out supports some sort of enhancement either by better visuals higher resolution than 1080p resolution or 4K dynamic resolution and HDR. Most of the games that are Xbox one x enhanced are super sampled and will down scaled to a 1080p display if you don’t have a 4K tv so everything is super sharp. 

• 3 weeks later...

-Thread cleaned-

You get one more chance. Tone it down.

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

No harassment, discrimination or abuse of any kind.

• This includes insults, fanboy, or troll accusations

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!