I Need Help In Choosing A Console

Need Help In Choosing Consoles  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which Console Should I Go For

• Xbox One X
    • PS4 Pro

i decided to get a console instead of a pc because of gpu shortage and market inflation , So i need help in choosing between PS4 Pro and Xbox One X

i am in 2nd last year of my school, and i will buy a gaming laptop 2 years later,

i don't own a 4k TV. so what do you people think i should get

Which one do your friends have?

If your friends have mostly xboxes get that,

if most of your friends have playstations get that.

If you don't have any friends get the xbox One X, it is more powerful than the PS4 Pro.

5 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

Which one do your friends have?

If your friends have mostly xboxes get that,

if most of your friends have playstations get that.

If you don't have any friends get the xbox One X, it is more powerful than the PS4 Pro.

I get that Xbox Has More Power but but does that really matter when there are not much games coming out for it.

And BTW i have Friends but none of them likes Consoles, TBH they call me comsole peasent

and games coming out for Xbox Are gonna anyway come For PC and i am gonna buy one later

1 minute ago, Nakshatra said:

I get that Xbox Has More Power but but does that really matter when there are not much games coming out for it.

And BTW i have Friends but none of them likes Consoles, TBH they call me comsole peasent

and games coming out for Xbox Are gonna anyway come For PC and i am gonna buy one later

With the xbox there is this kind of system that you can play the xbox games on the pc, so you don't need to rebuy the games later.

But the Playstation has better exclusives.

5 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

With the xbox there is this kind of system that you can play the xbox games on the pc, so you don't need to rebuy the games later.

But the Playstation has better exclusives.

yeah that's The thing

Personally, I think the best consoles to buy would be the Nintendo SNES or Sega Mega Drive, but alas, I suppose those aren't an option!

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

3 hours ago, WereCatf said:

Personally, I think the best consoles to buy would be the Nintendo SNES or Sega Mega Drive, but alas, I suppose those aren't an option!

aktually i am not a Nintendo Type guy

i dont own a 4K tv , But I will be getting Gaming PC 2 years later

what do you recommed i get

at the end of the day power means nothing if you can't harness it

PS4 pro has much more exclusives and games , But i all comes down to games vs Hardware

Look at the games catalogue. Choose based on what has games you want. Or which controller you prefer.

5 minutes ago, r4tch3t said:

Look at the games catalogue. Choose based on what has games you want. Or which controller you prefer.

Your Preference?

Ps4, grew up with PlayStation, basically nothing on any console that isn't on PC that I want though.

Go for PS4 Pro honestly.

There are some games that are awesome like God of War, Detroit Become Human, Uncharted 4, Until Dawn...

Edited by Tokyo_Raven

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 | Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K5 | 24 GB (2x 8GB + 2x 4 GB) | ASUS Strix GTX 960 4 GB & Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8 GB | 960 EVO 250 GB + 2x 850 EVO 250 GB + 3x 2 TB WD Purple (ZFS) + 3 TB WD Red | Fractal Design Define R5 | Corsair RM850x | Ubunt16.04.4

I think the Xbox controller is superior and would choose because of that. Especially when it was PS3 Vs Xbox 360. Sony did close the gap a lot with the PS4 controller, but so still think Xbox have the best one.

I am just going to use my PC tho. (I do have an Xbox One controller that I use on it in some games)

Xbox one X is more powerfull if you care about graphics.

Sony have some good games if you care about those games tho...

But you really have to decide for yourself.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

40 minutes ago, Nakshatra said:

i dont own a 4K tv , But I will be getting Gaming PC 2 years later

2 years from now is quite a long time though...

6 minutes ago, Mihle said:

I think the Xbox controller is superior and would choose because of that. Especially when it was PS3 Vs Xbox 360. Sony did close the gap a lot with the PS4 controller, but so still think Xbox have the best one.

I am just going to use my PC tho.

But is it worth being not able to Spider-Man ,

you might call me a pleb but TBH i don't Particularly have interest in God Of War, Uncharted, Or Last Of Us

Choice Of My Console totally depends on Games Coming out this year if you guys have a idea what thry will be please do share

2 minutes ago, Nakshatra said:

But is it worth being not able to Spider-Man ,

you might call me a pleb but TBH i don't Particularly have interest in God Of War, Uncharted, Or Last Of Us

Choice Of My Console totally depends on Games Coming out this year if you guys have a idea what thry will be please do share

I added something to my post you quoted btw.

With what games is to each I have no idea. I can't help you with that.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

43 minutes ago, Nakshatra said:

at the end of the day power means nothing if you can't harness it

PS4 pro has much more exclusives and games , But i all comes down to games vs Hardware

Not sure why you are asking the question then. You clearly want a PS4, then there is your answer.

15 minutes ago, Nakshatra said:

Choice Of My Console totally depends on Games Coming out this year

So then you should look at the games that will je released. Or do they all come to both consoles?

I'd suggest the PS4 since an overwhelming majority of (if not, ALL) new xbox releases are available on PC. The xbox purchase doesn't seem to make sense any longer.

Wow. Alrighty, so from MY experience, the Xbox controller IS much more comfortable. My friend bought himself both consoles because he has money, and the only reason we played the PS4 more was because that's what he bought Battlefield 4 on. After an hour or so the controller makes both of our hands hurt though, and neither of us has that issue with the Xbox controller. He has smaller hands, I have massive hands.

I myself bought a PSPro because MS absolutely murdered any good exclusives that were coming to Xbox, and as others mentioned is starting to push for universal games, so whenever I upgrade my PC I can play Forza... and that's about it.

PSPro has (As mentioned) God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5, Yakuza, Nier Automata (Also on PC, but buggy) Death Stranding (Unclear if it will be multi-platform), Kingdom Hearts if your into it, and some more. I'm not SUPER interested in Naughty Dogs games, they're very pretty and run well, but otherwise it's kind of a meh.

Xbox HAD Halo, which 343 murdered, Forza, which the latest has a slew of issues, and... a bunch of cancelled exclusives...

Make a list of the games you want and pick based on that. At 1080p, the PSPro should run most games at 60 fps if it's not horribly unoptimized.

#Muricaparrotgang

I prefer the PS4 or Switch over the Xbox, mostly because they have less exclusives.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

It really comes down to the games, so you're looking at this:

Reasons for PS4:

Better console exclusive games.

Reasons for Xbox:
Backwards compatibility spanning original xbox and 360 games

Do you want to play the latest exclusive titles or catch up on yesterday's games?  Both are great choices depending on what you want to do.

I suppose I should have noted that backwards compatibility is limited and doesn't support every title, but my point still stands.  If someone missed out on previous gen and wants to enjoy games like Halo Reach or other supported classic titles then they might want an Xbox One.  If not, then ps4.

Probably been said a bunch already but the PS4 kicks the X-Box's ass on exclusives,  just play X-Box games on your PC and have the Playstation for exclusive stuff like The Last of Us, Uncharted, Horizon Zero Dawn, GoW etc etc.  Sure the X-Box is slightly more powerful but look at some of the comparisons on Digital Foundry where they compare the two top tier console versions of a game like Assassins Creed Origins for example, they have to freeze frame and zoom in to find some differences in jaggies or maybe a few extra dropped frames at an intense part of a game.   The differences are barely noticeable even when you're looking for something to nitpick over.  

(I have a PS Pro + 4k HDR TV and it looks great) 

On 02/06/2018 at 11:57 AM, Nakshatra said:

i decided to get a console instead of a pc because of gpu shortage and market inflation , So i need help in choosing between PS4 Pro and Xbox One X

i am in 2nd last year of my school, and i will buy a gaming laptop 2 years later,

i don't own a 4k TV. so what do you people think i should get

I would get an XBox one X, as it has backwards compatibility with enhancements, and the games with the enhancements look awesome. 

P.S. You could also just get a regular XBox one, a lot cheaper and would keep you going until PC process drop. And it still does the enhancements on old games, it's just 1080p not 4K. 

Specs: 

• i5-8600K 
  • Evga Black RTX 2070 
  • 16GB DDR4 2400MHz 
  • ASRock Extreme 4 Z370 
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Light TG 

Plays: Minesweeper at 1000 fps.