Motherboard LEDs on, but no boot.

This happened over a week ago but due to my finals I'm unable to fully address it at the moment.

Night before, nothing bad, went to sleep and when I woke up the PC won't boot. Initially I checked the cables and noticed the CPU Cooler power wasn't plugged so I thought one of my 3 kittens somehow managed to pull the cable off. I plugged it in, yet to no avail. 

MEMOK won't light up, BOOT_DEVICE_LED is green. No Q-code, tried switching RAM sticks, using dual channel/single channel, but nothing. 

I doubt it's the PSU itself since GPU/motherboard lights are on.

*sidenote: I don't know much about PCs but I manually removed and installed thermal paste successfully and messed around cleaning dirty parts and cables, when I was done I was unable to turn the PC on from the case button and I had to use the on-board button, so if that relates to anything or anyone can help me with it that'd be appreciated.

I included 2 pictures of the current PC state. Yes, there's a lot of dust, but I live in the Middle East and things get dusty rather fast in the summer.

20180601_185822.jpg

20180601_185817.jpg

what model is that mobo? 

ask me about your system builds, AIO's, CPU's, PSU's, and GPU's.

13 minutes ago, SayHiToBob said:

so I thought one of my 3 kittens somehow managed to pull the cable off.

you have the pc case closed normally right? 

She/Her

12 minutes ago, ricksteendam1 said:

what model is that mobo? 

Z170-DELUXE

2 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

you have the pc case closed normally right? 

As in the chassis? Yeah, I broke it down to clean the tight angles, guess how that turned out, haha.

1 minute ago, SayHiToBob said:

As in the chassis? Yeah, I broke it down to clean the tight angles, guess how that turned out, haha.

so it's open constantly? i'd put it somewhere where your cats can't reach it.. they could get hurt if they touch a spinning fan or something.. 

She/Her

3 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

so it's open constantly? i'd put it somewhere where your cats can't reach it.. they could get hurt if they touch a spinning fan or something.. 

That is true, I haven't thought of that, will change it whenever possible. Anything on the main problem, though?

9 minutes ago, SayHiToBob said:

That is true, I haven't thought of that, will change it whenever possible. Anything on the main problem, though?

The only conclusion i could come to is that the dust killed it somehow. Get an air duster and close the damn case.

i7 8700k @ 5.0Ghz | ASUS Strix Z370-F Gaming | Cryorig R1 Ultimate | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 8GB (A8G) | WD Black 500GB PCIe NVMe | Samsung 750 EVO 120GB | Western Digital Black Series 1TB | Fractal Design Define R6 TG | Corsair RM750x

"Everyone says that I'm incredibly unlucky at the Silicon Lottery. In truth, I just persist in believing that 106°C is an acceptable temperature."

- Me, 2018

11 minutes ago, SayHiToBob said:

just to make sure your cats did not unplug the cable leading to your monitor?

Did you try removing and reinserting the GPU? Maybe try reconnect all PSU cables. Also you might try removing everything from the case and try to boot the machine on a cardboard box or something outside the case. Also just make sure that the monitors cable is connected to the GPU and not the motherboard, although you might try that to see if the GPU is the issue. Also make sure that the monitor is turned on and on the correct source setting.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

42 minutes ago, kerbalstuff said:

The only conclusion i could come to is that the dust killed it somehow. Get an air duster and close the damn case.

That would be a really FeelsBadMan moment because the state it was in before I cleaned it was 10000x worse, if I made it through that alive and not this then big F.

40 minutes ago, ricksteendam1 said:

just to make sure your cats did not unplug the cable leading to your monitor?

Do you mean the DisplayPort cable? I can't see how that plays into the the PC not booting up? Fans aren't spinning and no LEDs, besides the motherboard and GPU power lights.

33 minutes ago, Husky said:

Did you try removing and reinserting the GPU? Maybe try reconnect all PSU cables. Also you might try removing everything from the case and try to boot the machine on a cardboard box or something outside the case. Also just make sure that the monitors cable is connected to the GPU and not the motherboard, although you might try that to see if the GPU is the issue. Also make sure that the monitor is turned on and on the correct source setting.

I'm still finals so I haven't tried something as rigorous as you mentioned but going to afterwards, just wanted to see if there was a small thing that went over my head.

Also, both of you mentioned the DisplayPort cable. If it's not plugged in would it stop the PC from booting up? 

can you send a pic off the led's?

5 minutes ago, SayHiToBob said:

Also, both of you mentioned the DisplayPort cable. If it's not plugged in would it stop the PC from booting up? 

No, not having a display output should not stop a pc from booting

i7 8700k @ 5.0Ghz | ASUS Strix Z370-F Gaming | Cryorig R1 Ultimate | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 8GB (A8G) | WD Black 500GB PCIe NVMe | Samsung 750 EVO 120GB | Western Digital Black Series 1TB | Fractal Design Define R6 TG | Corsair RM750x

"Everyone says that I'm incredibly unlucky at the Silicon Lottery. In truth, I just persist in believing that 106°C is an acceptable temperature."

- Me, 2018

9 minutes ago, ricksteendam1 said:

can you send a pic off the led's?

I've attached a picture,

The LEDs that are working are motherboard's built-in power/reset buttons, the BOOT_DEVICE_LED and the main LED. I don't think MEMOK should work without a bootup but it's not lighting when pressed.

PS: Since previously mentioned, the case power button isn't working so I'm only using the built-in button to power up.

I've also tried CMOS reset but no bueno

20180601_205522.jpg

are you getting a q code in the left corner of your mobo it should be a 2 digit number 

Just now, ricksteendam1 said:

are you getting a q code in the left corner of your mobo it should be a 2 digit number 

Qcode doesn't show up unless I boot, would've made life a lot easier.

is the epu switch to the right or to the left?

is the epu switch to the right or to the left?

Left, on which would be off I assume.

oke that's good have you tried flashing the bios?

oke that's good have you tried flashing the bios?

How can I do that? Do you mean the CMOS button? If so, then yes, I've tried on multiple ocassions.

you have a power button on the bottom of you mobo left of that a reset button and then some red button then you have a black button push that black button press that button then the flash led will blink

6 minutes ago, ricksteendam1 said:

you have a power button on the bottom of you mobo left of that a reset button and then some red button then you have a black button push that black button press that button then the flash led will blink

Did that, it blinked and went static green.

Try removing all of the front panel connectors, maybe something is shorting.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

2 minutes ago, Husky said:

Try removing all of the front panel connectors, maybe something is shorting.

Do you mean the 3-pin connectors? Aren't they necessary for a bootup?