AMAZON.com pulls out of australia

13 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

Apparently their meat tastes good, so can you blame them? Imagine Amazon Primes pitch for Australians:

"Free live Kangaroo for dinner with every delivery, comes with complimentary spice of your choice"

Oh hell yeah it does. Cats especially love it. It's cheap-ish so I feed my cat raw kangaroo occasionally. She absolutely devours it.

Amazon's Sydney warehouse that they're building is located on the edge of the "urban" areas - maybe they could roadkill roos and serve em with Prime?

6 hours ago, paddy-stone said:

What about the drop "shipment" bears :P

They're constantly baked on the leaves so they aint too efficient. It's the leaves, mannnnnnnnnnn

idk

4 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

proves that pulling out doesn't always work

Sex ed 101?

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

2 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

Sex ed 101?

Congratulations, you picked up on the very obvious joke. 9_9

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Thats realy bad for the citizens of australia on one point.

but if this kaind of move would make them lower the tax it would change the rules in a country.

its little bit scary the amount of power sites like amazon ebay and facebook have.

58 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Congratulations, you picked up on the very obvious joke. 9_9

No congratulations for you then, as you missed the sarcasm 9_9

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

On 01/06/2018 at 12:39 PM, Joveice said:

I mean, if I visit amazon like 90% of the items are "does not ship to Norway", soo it can't be that bad can it ? :P

EDIT: Hahah, it was supposed to say ship not "$h!t"

Most of the time you don't save any money at all anyway, and sometimes it's even more expensive too. Because of VAT and shipping cost especially.

Well, as long as the product isn't bellow 350 kr.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

2 hours ago, Mihle said:

Most of the time you don't save any money at all anyway, and sometimes it's even more expensive too. Because of VAT and shipping cost especially.

Well, as long as the product isn't bellow 350 kr.

Well it depends, only reason I use amazon is to buy stuff that's not sold in Norway, which I guess you also have experience of.

Back-end developer, electronics "hacker"

On 6/1/2018 at 12:39 PM, Joveice said:

I mean, if I visit amazon like 90% of the items are "does not ship to Norway", soo it can't be that bad can it ? :P

EDIT: Hahah, it was supposed to say ship not "$h!t"

Only in North Europe would autocorrect take something like ship to shit. xD

Amazon will lose tons of money because of this. Are there good alternatives in Australia? This just seems lose-lose for everyone. 

5 minutes ago, descendency said:

Only in North Europe would autocorrect take something like ship to shit. xD

Amazon will lose tons of money because of this. Are there good alternatives in Australia? This just seems lose-lose for everyone. 

Heh, you guessed correctly!

Back-end developer, electronics "hacker"

3 hours ago, Joveice said:

Well it depends, only reason I use amazon is to buy stuff that's not sold in Norway, which I guess you also have experience of.

Well, yes, that's the only reason I would use Amazon for too.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

On 01/06/2018 at 9:31 PM, Teddy07 said:

Aren´t Aussies also earning a lot more money so they can afford higher Aussie prices?

Technically we do. But the cost of living is stupid in this country, and it's just spiralling out of control, and wages are not keeping up sadly.

-Power is a rort, my last powerbill for 3 months was $900, it used to be $500-600 before the state gov't upped the price of power, because they could.

-Rent is out of control here too, the average price where I live, $500/w for a 3 bedroom house isn't uncommon.

-Car registration with insurance runs most around $70-100/mo before other running costs.

-Clothes are a joke of a price for anything that is quality. The pants I wear for work are $80 a pair here, thankfully I can buy them from the USA for $30 a pair, so around $40 shipped. I also just had to buy new boots, that was $200, but I needed quality & comfort, which the $50 pair I bought & promptly returned did not offer.

-Public transport is super expensive (at least where I am.) to get to Brisbane which is maybe 100km away, it'll run me $30-40 depending on the time of day & day for train & bus fare, in a car that is fuel efficient a round trip is around half that in petrol.

-Petrol is also getting stupidly high in price, I paid $1.55/L for 94 octane with 10% ethanol blend the other day.

-Phone/internet can be expensive, we're sort of starting to get that one under control with our "NBN" prices are getting better for better services. But I still pay $160/mo for my internet & mobile. Thankfully I buy my phones outright, otherwise that would be in excess of $200/mo.

Then there's luxuries like cigarettes & alcohol, which are taxed extremely high. Average price for a carton of beer (24 330ml bottles) will be at least $40, and smokes you're paying over $1 per cigarette now from memory.

Then there's other stuff like pet care, I have a dog, so she runs me probably about $60 a month in food & other costs. She eats really well & is looked after well. But even saying that bathing isn't free, now is worming, flea & tick control. But that's maybe $20 in total there. She doesn't get dry food or tinned wet food either, because they're both bad for them & expensive, funnily enough it is cheaper to buy fresh kangaroo meat & fresh veggies..

Over all my job pays alright at $26/hr before any penalty rates. But still i'm casual so, my hours vary, so my pay isn't steady. But it still makes it a challenge to get by sometimes.

Also this government is dumb. They looked at this years ago & deemed it would cost about as much to collect these taxes as it was going to bring in, all I can say is I object to being forced to pay tax on stuff I either cannot buy here at all, or in some cases I would be forced to pay upto 10x as much for locally.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14