Why is EVERYONE Buying this TV??

James
59 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

...I'd be willing to bet that TCL (like RCA, Westinghouse, and Insignia) make garbage...

I've hear nothing but good about Insignias.

I have a nine year old 32" Vizio that I've been happy with. I'm going to replace it only because I want something a little bit bigger.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

17 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

I've hear nothing but good about Insignias.

I have a nine year old 32" Vizio that I've been happy with. I'm going to replace it only because I want something a little bit bigger.

Insignia makes cheap low quality junk, but even cheap junk is fairly reliable these days -- and most people wouldn't know what a good picture or decent sound is if it smacked then in the head. So as long as something doesn't break then you'll rarely hear bad things about any tech.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

4 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Insignia makes cheap low quality junk, but even cheap junk is fairly reliable these days -- and most people wouldn't know what a good picture is if it landed on their head. So as long as something doesn't break then you'll rarely hear bad things about any tech.

I've compared 43" Insignias to other brands in several Best Buy stores and the picture looks just fine to me. Since I'm the one who would be watching it, it's good enough for me. So far, it's all I've been able to find that I can actualy see in a store that isn't a *&^%$#@! 4k or smart TV.

Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

5 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

I've compared 43" Insignias to other brands in several Best Buy stores and the picture looks just fine to me. Since I'm the one who would be watching it, it's good enough for me. So far, it's all I've been able to find that I can actualy see in a store that isn't a *&^%$#@! 4k or smart TV.

Well if you're comparing 1080p TV's (or lower) then you're also comparing them to other cheap/old models (whether they're actually old or technologically old). There's definitely a difference when they're side by side unless they're poorly (or intentionally to push certain models) configured. 

Again, all tech these days is basically "good enough". That doesn't mean it's not cheap junk.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

4 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Well if you're comparing 1080p TV's (or lower) then you're also comparing them to other cheap/old models (whether they're actually old or technologically old). There's definitely a difference when they're side by side unless they're poorly (or intentionally to push certain models) configured. 

Again, all tech these days is basically "good enough". That doesn't mean it's not cheap junk.

So far, you are the only one I have seen to refer to Insignia's as cheap jubk.

Jeannie

1 hour ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

True. If everyone had one, I would have one and I do not. Of course, if Linus want to buy one for all of us who do not have one so his statement will be true...

To buy assuming 5 per household everyone a TV would cost trillions of dollars... It's just a stupid title they used due to the item being #1 or high purchase volumes on Amazon. It's clickbaity but I know what it stands for.

2 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

MOST 120hz TVs aren't actually 120hz but rather just interpolated 120hz. But 120hz is actually beneficial even for movies due to being an even multiple 24.

That being said, Vizio makes solid TVs that I'd have no problem buying. I'd be willing to bet that TCL (like RCA, Westinghouse, and Insignia) make garbage.

Also, using an article from 6 years ago says nothing about today. Look up thorough reviews (rtings.com for example) if you want to compare TVs -- in which case Vizio TVs are quite good. 

I don't have a store (that I know of) with a display from TCL so I can't walk in and say yup they look identical or not... But even a 6 year old article has some validity towards claims saying Vizzio making better stuff than all others who may be rebanded x companies products. If they are rebranded LG's or Sammys then great, hell I'll buy one, but if they are rebranded TCL's just wait for one to go on sale, if they are made by Sony well I'm a little hesitant on buying a sony product that's not a playstation/laptop.

The only way to find out if they are made by TCL or someone else is by buying one and tearing it down.

Also TCL could still be making Vizio, but be making one according to their requirements, in this case it isn't a rebrand but so much like how Chapmans makes No Name ice cream here in canada, in the same facility using the same or similar parts but are packaged differently to fill up the capacity and to keep costs down.

Apparently they have made RCA in the past.

1 hour ago, CCWong said:

IIRC Vizio uses LG panels that didnt meet LG quality requirements.

Evidence? Also it's not just panels, but other components too.

15 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

if they are made by Sony well I'm a little hesitant on buying a sony product that's not a playstation/laptop.

Higher end Sony TVs are amazing, nothing wrong with them. The OLEDs are made by LG, so were some of the older IPS models.

On 5/31/2018 at 8:21 PM, Canada EH said:

Please come up with an original title and stop using EVERYONE.

PLEASE!

How will you come up with an original title and this question also goes for the 4 people that agreed with your post.

22 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

True. If everyone had one, I would have one and I do not. Of course, if Linus want to buy one for all of us who do not have one so his statement will be true...

So the title should be, Why 2.84893769% out of 7 billion people buy this TV? Stop nitpicking.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

56 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

How will you come up with an original title and this question also goes for the 4 people that agreed with your post.

So the title should be, Why 2.84893769% out of 7 billion people buy this TV? Stop nitpicking.

Oh good grief! And you call me a nit picker? You totally missed the point. Still, I'll answer your moronic question. How about this?

Why Are so Many People Buying This TV?

Don't like that one? Try this.

Why Is this TV so Popular?

Jeannie

34 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Oh good grief! And you call me a nit picker? You totally missed the point. Still, I'll answer your moronic question. How about this?

Why Are so Many People Buying This TV?

Don't like that one? Try this.

Why Is this TV so Popular?

Your "original" title can go back to that response you've posted earlier.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 hour ago, NumLock21 said:

Your "original" title can go back to that response you've posted earlier.

Again, you missed the point. Also, look up sarcasm and hyperbole.

Jeannie

Edited: They took care of all my issues, glad it got resolved.

Edited by Dangerjet
Rant, Fixed