EU Internet at Risk

SeriouslyMikey
11 hours ago, yian88 said:

Fucks sake in 2 days they are going to destroy the internet and no one even cares.

If you are from EU at least go here or anywhere you can fight it https://saveyourinternet.eu/

one of those are from my country, and i know for a fact he's an idiot. Like in the US, this will probably have more to do with special interests and lobbies than us, citizens. But it get's worst, unlike the US in the EU there's an immense distancing between the citizens and the MEP both in terms of relations and causality between their actions and our vote. Who the hell in the EU knows this people, what they do, etc... 

i doubt they care what you think at all

3 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

Both of those seems like false takedowns. And that's really YouTube's fault. 

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

3 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

What's that got to do with the EU law?   I'm guessing you didn't read the directive? 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

15 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Let’s see what comes out...

According to Aftonbladet(a swedish newspaper) it passed.

11 minutes ago, Cheezdoodlez said:

According to Aftonbladet(a swedish newspaper) it passed.

o.O

... have nothing more to say...

it passed, there's no doubt about it, several sources confirm it.

How will this affect sites located outside of the EU, do they also have to comply? does LTT forum for example has to ban memes or pay for them?

The committee tends to go with corporate interests whereas the EP as a whole votes more for individual freedoms. This is far from a done fight. 

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

I hope the fact that the committee passed a pretty extreme proposal lowers the chance the parliament as a whole will pass it. But it's getting pretty scary now.