8700k vs 2700x

which cpu  

18 members have voted

1. 1. 8700K or 2700X

• 2700X

2 hours ago, grimreeper132 said:

I am not sure about those cards vs Nvidea for rendering and CAD etc. but gaming nvidea is better (no other way of saying this) but it would work well enough, also depends on the price you can get those cards for as their prices are still inflated alot possibly up to or beyond 1080 ti pricing

Nvidia?

I have a 1080ti right now.....

1 hour ago, Daniel644 said:

I can't speak to Maya but in Autocad Architecture the GPU is used for the real time spinning around of the raw 3d model, I haven't seen any settings for GPU acceleration of the rendering, but Maya may be different, Autodesk does like to do different shit all the time, just look at how radically different Revit is from Autocad Architecture, they both have the same end goal but how you get this is like using a MAC vs using a PC.

Never used revit before lol

2 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

Nvidia?

Never used revit before lol

the thing I have learned is most hardware acceleration is done with OpenCL which AMD cards are better at, but I would suggest check the officially supported card list from Autodesk, the professional grade stuff tends to have better driver support.

I have 1080ti's in my work computer personally.

Revit is so ass backwards (or was when I tried it years ago when it was relatively new) you had to draw a wall then specify the length of the wall afterward, once you where ready to do elevations to exported to regular autocad 2d which meant if you changed the model again afterward you had to export again and do all the 2d elevation tweaking over again, just a cluster fuck of a program compared to what I can do in Autocad Architecture.

3 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

the thing I have learned is most hardware acceleration is done with OpenCL which AMD cards are better at, but I would suggest check the officially supported card list from Autodesk, the professional grade stuff tends to have better driver support.

I have 1080ti's in my work computer personally.

Revit is so ass backwards (or was when I tried it years ago when it was relatively new) you had to draw a wall then specify the length of the wall afterward, once you where ready to do elevations to exported to regular autocad 2d which meant if you changed the model again afterward you had to export again and do all the 2d elevation tweaking over again, just a cluster fuck of a program compared to what I can do in Autocad Architecture.

Yeah, im still debating on either to keep my 1080ti or sell it and get a Vega fe.

In inventor, you draw the shape and just export it. If you want to modify, you just go back to the change log and change it from the tree. Revit seems too annoying to use lol

44 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

Yeah, im still debating on either to keep my 1080ti or sell it and get a Vega fe.

In inventor, you draw the shape and just export it. If you want to modify, you just go back to the change log and change it from the tree. Revit seems too annoying to use lol

it's big selling feature is the BIM data, basically you can get all the way down to like a framing material takeoff for building the house with instead of using "dumb slabs" to represent 3d shapes like roofs and floors.

15 hours ago, Bajantechnician said:

Nvidia?

I typed that while not really paying attention whoops, and yea the 1080ti will probably be better than anything that AMD will give you so you might wanna transfer that over

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

2 hours ago, grimreeper132 said:

I typed that while not really paying attention whoops, and yea the 1080ti will probably be better than anything that AMD will give you so you might wanna transfer that over

ahhh coo, coo.

ill just keep my 1080ti then lol