Bethesda announce Fallout 76 after a 24 hour stream

ItsMitch
1 minute ago, FunkmastaFlex said:

1,2,Tactics,3,NV,4,76

NOOOOOOOO!!! YOu don't say that name! You take that back!

If anyone asks you never saw me.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

NOOOOOOOO!!! YOu don't say that name! You take that back!

IT HAPENED, JUST ACCEPT IT

'IM THE VIDEO GAME BOY, IM THE ONE WHO WINS' - Arin Hanson

Just now, FunkmastaFlex said:

IT HAPENED, JUST ACCEPT IT

Never. I paid for that therapy fair and square. 

14 minutes ago, FunkmastaFlex said:

1,2,Tactics,3,NV,4,76

Wasteland, 1,2,Tactics, VB (RIPPP), Online (Fuk You Beth),NV, Wasteland 2, 4,76

I liked 3 a lot and I also enjoyed New Vegas to be honest.... I played 4 but was not crazy about it for whatever reason. I did like building a helper robot though but it was bugged and I had a lot of going back, losing hours of play to fix certain bugs that never happened during 3 or New Vegas.

1 hour ago, Taja said:

I never said it was a fact.

And I didn't say you said it :P I explained the trap of impersonal sentences and how they can be misleading.

1 hour ago, Taja said:

That being said, NV IS considered the best by a large community of fallout lovers, and they are quite passionate about it.

It doesn't matter. For example, I didn't play any Fallout game before Fallout 3. I have no clue whether I'd love them, hate them, or anything in between. I do know I played F3 and NV, and I have a strong preference for F3.

The passion others have in their opinions doesn't make a game more or less enjoyable to me, so it's irrelevant.

(btw, once you complete the passive voice with a subject -"considered by..."- it all becomes more accurately subjective ;)).

1 hour ago, Taja said:

I prefer the story of NV from the others, but fo4 is the one that makes me want to play more.

I guess I have to get around playing F4 then :) 

1 hour ago, Taja said:

Saying that the star wars prequels are considered worst than the original trilogy is correct, because even being FOR SURE and subjective opinion and not a fact, it is an opinion shared by many and spread everywhere. Thats just an example btw, not a comparison.

I won't derail this thread by discussing again why impersonal, incomplete passive voice sentences are at best useless and at worst misleading.

36 minutes ago, App4that said:

Yep.

1,2,3,NV,4,76

Hence in general. We can ignore New Vegas to an extent as it seemed more of a spin off of 3 however a large spinoff (Very similar engine etc, TTW even bridges the gap between both games).

i hope it's better than fallout 4, i bought it on launch day thinking it would be able to live up to the hype and pass on the touch from it's predecessors

unfortunately it set itself on fire and was quite bad, i stopped playing after a month and was very unhappy....

lets hope that 76 doesn't set itself on fire while drenched in gasoline and HUGE amounts of salt.

may get this when more info about it surfaces...

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N

4 hours ago, WereCat said:

Im not even talking about bugs, the mouse lag is insane, its driving me crazy.

Never had that issue either. Maybe I am used to it? I honestly haven't had the large issues everyone likes to talk about when talking about what's really bad about Bethesda games. I mean I have had fallout 3, nv and 4 as well as oblivion and skyrim and never had super serious issues besides a couple of times where I had to go back to a save quite a bit back. The rest I haven't had significant issues and have encountered small bugs but all easily fixed with console commands. 

54 minutes ago, ScratchCat said:

Hence in general. We can ignore New Vegas to an extent as it seemed more of a spin off of 3 however a large spinoff (Very similar engine etc, TTW even bridges the gap between both games).

was a funny ha ha

53 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

And I didn't say you said it :P I explained the trap of impersonal sentences and how they can be misleading.

It doesn't matter. For example, I didn't play any Fallout game before Fallout 3. I have no clue whether I'd love them, hate them, or anything in between. I do know I played F3 and NV, and I have a strong preference for F3.

The passion others have in their opinions doesn't make a game more or less enjoyable to me, so it's irrelevant.

(btw, once you complete the passive voice with a subject -"considered by..."- it all becomes more accurately subjective ;)).

I guess I have to get around playing F4 then :) 

I won't derail this thread by discussing again why impersonal, incomplete passive voice sentences are at best useless and at worst misleading.

Well, I get your point, but I disagree with some stuff. When you have played 2 games and the one you like most is considered trash and the one you hate is considered a masterpiece, this does not matter at all. But if you dont know the games, this is REALLY helpful in helping you to choose whether you will spend your time playing the witcher 3 or no man's sky. One is considered to be one of the best games ever, the other is considered to be a pile of trash. This is valuable information, not at all useless (but can be misleading in lots of cases)

About fo4, I would really recommend it. Just the feeling of exploring and have tons of stuff to do, in a MUCH better engine than fo3, is just amazing. It has its flaws, but its so damn enjoyable, you can play for 80-100 hours with the DLCs, and you still will find new stuff.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

I'm just glad it's not a card game, royale, or a phone game, and not another expansion like New Vegas was although it seems to be a 3D version of Shelter so maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up

I've only played the original Fallout game(I think) and Fallout 3 so far, - the former I didn't really play at all, the latter I do quite like - so I think I might give it a shot... :P

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

Nah, I want a new Elder Scrolls.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

2 hours ago, Cole5 said:

Wasteland, 1,2,Tactics, VB (RIPPP), Online (Fuk You Beth),NV, Wasteland 2, 4,76

You forgot Brotherhood of Steel.:P

10 hours ago, ravenshrike said:

You forgot Brotherhood of Steel.:P

No, No id dint xD

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

Well this may be interesting though. I remember the canceled Fallout Online back then so. Lrobably different approach they have now. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

17 hours ago, ScratchCat said:

First: Why is that something that we just accept instead of demanding that they make something playable?

Secondly: Why is that something that we just accept instead of demanding that they make something playable?

Thirdly: Agreed,

1 hour ago, matrix07012 said:
snip

Ew creation club. If that last bit is true I might just pass on principle alone. 10's of dollars spent on what could otherwise be free alternatively, no thanks.

1 hour ago, matrix07012 said:

So the attempt to erase the non-bethesdian apparently continues apace. Why am I not surprised. Welp, back to Deadfire.

As someone who hasn't ever bought a Fallout game. I actually wouldn't mind trying it if the performance is good and not using GimpWorks.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 hours ago, matrix07012 said:

Cool if true but I can't help but laugh at the thought of a forum post of a tweet of a screenshot of reddit about a 4chan leaker.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

On 5/30/2018 at 7:26 AM, SC2Mitch said:

I want another elder Scrolls tbh

In due time my friend. We had 2 fallout games before we got skyrim.  Oblivion 06, fallout 3 08, New Vegas 2010, skyrim 2011. The next elder scrolls should be within 2 years. I'd be happy with an announcement of elder scrolls next year with a 2020 release date. I want it done right. Not rushed garbage like fallout 4 was. 

5 hours ago, JoeyDM said:

First: Why is that something that we just accept instead of demanding that they make something playable?

Secondly: Why is that something that we just accept instead of demanding that they make something playable?

Thirdly: Agreed,

1. Bethesda games are very expansive and the open world aspect plus intertwined quests. For example in NV you can get one follower in 3 different quests while one of these quests is related to a third which depending on your choices van be cut off short. If we look at bugs per unit unique stuff Fallout NV would be on par with other games e.g. COD with few bugs but very little content (maybe 10 game modes and 9 maps).
  2. Yes they didn't do that well, I was just pointing out that it was not just milking a cash cow but that they didn't have much time.