Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

7 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Fallout New Vegas but with a better game engine

From what we can tell, F076 will remain on the Creation Engine which was used in BO4. 

1 hour ago, Cole5 said:

Plus they were given 18 months to both patch the dumpster fire of an engine and build a game out of it

They were initially given 18-20 months. That was cut down to 11-13*.

*Because of the way that masters for the 360 were done, your cut off time was 2 months before release more or less. I'm unsure if the PS3 was the same or not.

33 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Hard to believe they made 75 of these pieces of shit already

/s

Reveal hidden contents

But everything Bethesda makes is still shit.

Well there's 2 games, 5 DLCs for each so that's like 10 and 55 top most popular mods they conned people into selling on their new store

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 hour ago, EPENEX said:

I'm not a fan of the Fallout series, but I like Elder Scrolls. All this tells me is that they're too busy with Elder Scrolls Online to make a new Elder Scrolls.

It's not even the same developers. Zenimax Online Studios are the ESO devs, the only reason the Bethesda logo is on there is because it's their world/lore. ESO has zero impact on Bethesda's development of other games and if you actually kept up with ES6 info, you would know that Todd Howard already said around the time of the FO4 launch that they want a new engine before making ES6 which would be multiple years of engine development.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

3 hours ago, SC2Mitch said:

Who's excited for ANOTHER Fallout game? 

I'm still to play Fallout 4, but I don't mind the queue getting longer, so I can eventually play it.

If it's an online game, though, it would be the same as if it didn't exist to me.

2 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

you don't know broken until you played fallout 3, i was getting lots of stuttering and crashing with a 980ti :S

I had no issues finishing it twice, including some DLCs - on a P8400, HD 3650 laptop...

2 hours ago, Taja said:

Wut? NV is pretty much considered the best one (of the "new" ones) - and it is so fucking amazing. Fo3 has some better stuff, but overall i think NV is WAY superior. Fo4 is different and also very good, I also played for +-200h

... and the impersonal sentence strikes back :P "it is consider" - "consider" requires a subject. For example don't consider NV the best, you consider it the best, someone else considers it whatever... "Is considered" is shortcut to mistaking a series of many subjective opinions as a single objective fact.

2 hours ago, Taja said:

Why? I dont understand that. The story is very well done, you have a lot of freedom and impact on the world... 

You have an impact on the world in both 3 and NV, it's just that the "main" story in 3 is pretty weak and linear, but it's also a tiny part of the game. I personally found NV somewhat boring and repetitive, and has much less fun exploring the environment, reading all those emails, etc, than in Fallout 3. I could be biased due to only covering so much of the game - but the fact that I was too bored to finish it, compared to may Fallout 3 addiction, says something about NV. Although maybe if I had played NV first my perceptions could have been different.

In any case, form the ranking is easy, since I couldn't bother to finish NV while Fallout 3 is one of the best games I ever played.

Look at the board game on the table in the room with the 1776-2076 poster. It's for "up to 5 players"

Boom

If anyone asks you never saw me.

2 hours ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

What about it exactly was "cringeworthy" ? I can name a lot of other negatives, but this one has me puzzled.

Pretty meh combat system, dragons were a joke, story was bit meh as well "you are teh ch0sen 1, now go and fusrodah everyone". 

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

interesting. if this game takes place in this one vault, it'll most likely be a pretty huge vault. if not, maybe they'll handle the open world similar to Human Revolution. where in that game, you travel to different cities but you only get to explore a part of it, with exposure to semi-secluded areas 

but honestly it kinda looks like an expansion for fallout 4

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

apparently its going to be another spinoff like new vegas 

'IM THE VIDEO GAME BOY, IM THE ONE WHO WINS' - Arin Hanson

54 minutes ago, ravenshrike said:

They were initially given 18-20 months. That was cut down to 11-13*.

*Because of the way that masters for the 360 were done, your cut off time was 2 months before release more or less. I'm unsure if the PS3 was the same or not.

So they pumped out one of my favorite games of all time, and the one with the most play hours, in roundabout a year, impresive

Welcome to Fallout Art Online where you get to VR into a game and get to do exciting things like actually feel radiation burning off your skin, feral ghouls chewing off your limbs, and drinking irradiated water.  Oh and everyone either beats the game or dies...good luck!

4 hours ago, WereCat said:

Lel, I never though that I will see someone sharing the exact same opinion as me about Fallout.

I really tried to get into it but it's so broken its not even funny, I spent 2-3h just looking for and installing mods to fix the most basic things and even that was not enough.

5 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

Fallout NV was craptastic. Fallout 3 and 4 were excellent plays though. In both games combined I total about 200h lol.

5 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

Ew... Fallout... the most boring game (New Vegas) I have ever played in my life.

Okay.

Firstly, if you are looking for a bug free experience you should never buy a Bethesda game - why do you think every Bethesda has some form of unofficial patches. Almost everything needs patching, both in Skyrim and New Vegas have issues where ash piles just do not every despawn for no apparent reason. Bugs are a Bethesda tradition.

Secondly yes, the game needs a large number of mods to actually get components to work as intended (Sprinting, actual ammo creation etc.). However we are talking about a game created 8 years ago by a separate studio in 18 months - Fallout 4 had been in development since 2010 and was released in 2015, more than 3.3x longer.

Thirdly, apart from the utterly miserable quest handling system (Misc quests should never have existed, just looking at the misc quest for 5 seconds makes it look as if it had been completed) the game was alright and reasonably interesting, and if you look up on the wiki you will find it has a very large number of unique quests. Unlike Skyrim quests were not freely handed out (I had maybe 5 open quests vs 30+ on Skyrim) which means you did have to search around more. If this were adjusted it would be more entertaining in the long term.

Fallout New Vegas probably was not the best game of the series but it is not the wreck it is said to be.

3 hours ago, Cole5 said:

Plus they were given 18 months to both patch the dumpster fire of an engine and build a game out of it

It works fine for me? Do you force it to run on the windows 2000 emulator that 10 comes with?

Exactly, if you have every worked with the GECK you would have to be insane to say it is user friendly or reliable. I still don't know what many of the functions do as they just crash when selected. Making a game with it must have been a nightmare.

2 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Hard to believe they made 75 of these pieces of shit already

/s

Hide contents

But everything Bethesda makes is still shit.

At least the products can be told apart unlike some 5 lettered companies making often overpriced tech.

Good Sir or Madam, you have been challenged to a duel! /j

1 hour ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

and the impersonal sentence strikes back :P "it is consider" - "consider" requires a subject. For example don't consider NV the best, you consider it the best, someone else considers it whatever... "Is considered" is shortcut to mistaking a series of many subjective opinions as a single objective fact

I never said it was a fact. Hell, even I dont prefer NV - I prefer fo4. I would probably prefer NV if it was made with the same engine as fo4, but there is no way of knowing.

That being said, NV IS considered the best by a large community of fallout lovers, and they are quite passionate about it. I prefer the story of NV from the others, but fo4 is the one that makes me want to play more.

Saying that the star wars prequels are considered worst than the original trilogy is correct, because even being FOR SURE and subjective opinion and not a fact, it is an opinion shared by many and spread everywhere. Thats just an example btw, not a comparison.

And about the fo3 vs NV, well, the styles are quite different. I get it that you prefer fo3, I liked it very much, but is still my least favorite fallout game by a longshot. It just does not feel as good and fo4 and not as interestint and intelligent as NV (IMO ofc). Still I played it like 2-3 times.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

3 minutes ago, ScratchCat said:

At least the products can be told apart unlike some 5 lettered companies making often overpriced tech

Good sir, I demand you calm the heat, it's getting rather toasty in this room. 

I really enjoy the Fallout games. Even if it's just a NV style makeover, I'll play it.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

4 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

Good sir, I demand you calm the heat, it's getting rather toasty in this room. 

Must be the overloaded Creation Engine. Bethesda really need to rebuild to suit newer systems.

12 minutes ago, ScratchCat said:

At least the products can be told apart unlike some 5 lettered companies making often overpriced tech.

Good Sir or Madam, you have been challenged to a duel! /j

Can't tell if referencing specifically Apple or Razer.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

FNV was great but also had a TON of bugs and glitches, but if you didn't liked both main factions you had the choice to destroy them (The Fires of Armageddon).

And F4 was... disappointing, even at survival it was easy once I had the best armor and weapons, the final mission was just point and click to kill multiple targets with a minigun while in power armor, the guy who was supposed to be the final boss was just.. there, doing nothing at all, I really thought I'd be fighting some super buffed guy in armor and countless waves of enemies alone but instead of that the ally bots just oneshot every enemy in .3 seconds...

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

15 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Can't tell if referencing specifically Apple or Razer.

Both. I guess you can also add Dice to the list with Battlefield, at least Fallout is in general numerical order.

2 minutes ago, ScratchCat said:

Both. I guess you can also add Dice to the list with Battlefield, at least Fallout is in general numerical order.

Yep.

1,2,3,NV,4,76

If anyone asks you never saw me.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

Yep.

1,2,3,NV,4,76

1,2,Tactics,3,NV,4,76

'IM THE VIDEO GAME BOY, IM THE ONE WHO WINS' - Arin Hanson