Bethesda announce Fallout 76 after a 24 hour stream

ItsMitch

S: Bethesda

Who's excited for ANOTHER Fallout game? 

Very little information on this game so bare with me

From what we’ve heard, this game is under development at both Bethesda Game Studios’ main office in Maryland and at the Austin office formerly known as Battlecry Studios. That Austin office, which started in 2012, was making a hero shooter called Battlecry before Bethesda canceled it.

Vault 76 was mentioned in Fallout 3 and in Fallout 4. Apparently it's going to an online model? I dunno, I'm really hyped tho.

TO THE MODS

THIS THREAD IS STILL IM PROGRESS DUE TO NEWS STILL COMING OUT THX

Ew... Fallout... the most boring game (New Vegas) I have ever played in my life.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

4 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

Who's excited for ANOTHER Fallout game? 

You mean Fallout shelter 2.0?

3 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Ew... Fallout... the most boring game (New Vegas) I have ever played in my life.

Fallout NV was craptastic. Fallout 3 and 4 were excellent plays though. In both games combined I total about 200h lol.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

7 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Fallout NV was craptastic. Fallout 3 and 4 were excellent plays though. In both games combined I total about 200h lol.

That is quite the bold statement you have made there.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

1 minute ago, williamcll said:

That is quite the bold statement you have made there.

its pretty accurate though, FNV is a fantastic game but it is also a really crap game

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Just now, themaniac said:

its pretty accurate though, FNV is a fantastic game but it is also a really crap game

Yeah. Technically it's better than Fallout 3, but story and atmosphere wise, Fallout 3 takes the cake.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Fallout 3 was the best. I mean they are kind of repetitive now...

“Security is always excessive until it’s not enough.”

– Robbie Sinclair, Head of Security, NSW Australia 

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?” - Every Tech Rep Ever

If you need help with your build please tag me.

Main PC:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1300x RAM: 8gb ddr4 2666 MT/s Mobo: ASRock A320M HDD: 1tb WD GPU: Gtx 1050ti 4gb

Spoiler

P.s. if you can tell me what reference my location I will follow you. 

Bonus points if you can tell me the names of the people there. 

24 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Lel, I never though that I will see someone sharing the exact same opinion as me about Fallout.

I really tried to get into it but it's so broken its not even funny, I spent 2-3h just looking for and installing mods to fix the most basic things and even that was not enough.

57 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

I want another elder Scrolls tbh

This. 

No hate to the Fallout series but it'll take new Elder Scrolls game to get me excited.

Hopefully its more new vegas and less ESO

I woulda been happy with a remasterd 3 and NV brough up to the engine that 4 is using (Or rather, Updated) we will  see if beth makes it even more of a shooter or worse a MMO

Here's what this announcement says to me: "No new Elder Scrolls game yet, fuck you go play the MMO"

Sorry while I own Fallout 4 and enjoyed it thoroughly, the fact that Elder Scrolls online exists and they've taken time to work on this instead of a new Elder Scrolls it's a pretty bad omen.

-------

Current Rig

-------

8 minutes ago, Cole5 said:

Hopefully its more new vegas and less ESO

I woulda been happy with a remasterd 3 and NV brough up to the engine that 4 is using (Or rather, Updated) we will  see if beth makes it even more of a shooter or worse a MMO

Not sure if it's still in the works but the Road to Liberty team is creating the Capital Wasteland mod which essentially recreates the Fallout 3 setting with the Fallout 4 engine.

Just now, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Not sure if it's still in the works but the Road to Liberty team is creating the Capital Wasteland mod which essentially recreates the Fallout 3 setting with the Fallout 4 engine.

*FUKYEH*

But i mostly play console DX my laptop is just so uncomfy for the 19 hour play sessions fallout 3 and NV require

In be4 it's actually an MMO with monthly subscription and you still need to pay for the base game, with DLC and lootboxes. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Just now, xAcid9 said:

In be4 it's actually an MMO with monthly subscription and you still need to pay for the base game, with DLC and lootboxes. 

Tis my worry

4 minutes ago, Cole5 said:

*FUKYEH*

But i mostly play console DX my laptop is just so uncomfy for the 19 hour play sessions fallout 3 and NV require

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought you can download mods on PS4 and Xb-One versions of Fallout 4.

Just now, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought you can download mods on PS4 and Xb-One versions of Fallout 4.

You can but if it uses a script extender you cant, theres a LOT of mods on the xbox but they are limited in a few shitty ways, lack of a SE is the biggest

51 minutes ago, WereCat said:

I really tried to get into it but it's so broken its not even funny, I spent 2-3h just looking for and installing mods to fix the most basic things and even that was not enough.

you don't know broken until you played fallout 3, i was getting lots of stuttering and crashing with a 980ti :S

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

I don't have much experience with Fallout and Elder Scrolls, but Fallout 3 was kind of ok, while Skyrim was cringeworthy.

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

1 hour ago, NelizMastr said:

Yeah. Technically it's better than Fallout 3, but story and atmosphere wise, Fallout 3 takes the cake.

You realise Bethesda had to adjust FO3s ending in DLC because the original ending made no sense, right?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 hour ago, NelizMastr said:

Wut? NV is pretty much considered the best one (of the "new" ones) - and it is so fucking amazing. Fo3 has some better stuff, but overall i think NV is WAY superior. Fo4 is different and also very good, I also played for +-200h

1 hour ago, Princess Cadence said:

Why? I dont understand that. The story is very well done, you have a lot of freedom and impact on the world... I can only imagine you dont like this style of game, because its one of the best in the genre.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.