Naming your build?

Dedayog

So I'm not a big naming person. I don't call my car Baby or anything, but I've recently gotten it into my head to call my PC.... something other than "my computer".  I mean, this my first "bleeding edge" build vs "best bang for buck" build.  It's not super top end but it's got good stuff in it and I've spent a lot more than I would normally due to being at a more lucrative time of my life.

Then I look at the Show Off Your System thread and go... oh nm. 

But still, it's mine and I'm proud of what I've put together.  So, do you all name your machines and if so, women's names or concept names (Cool Energy, Deathstar, Bad Motherf*cker, etc)?

Specs in sig.

PC Build - panel removed PC off.jpg

PC setup.jpg

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

If you're looking to name your pc, maybe you could name it after something that is/was special to you? Your favourite place, a lost relatives name, your old home where you grew up, your old pet. Just a few ideas :)

well i dont usually name my projects but i do find a motto for the build log.  like "everything is chrome in the future" which is a spongebob quote and insider between me and my best friend and i chose it because i needed to chrome out the inside of my c for the lighting to work. so in conclusion : no names but mottos 

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

No offence, but I personally think naming your computer is kinda going overboard to the point of being dare I say "cringy", then again that's probably because most of the names I've seen were edgy 12 year old names like "PROJECT: X" and stuff like that, nothing wrong with just calling it "my PC" or "my rig".

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk | Corsair LPX 16GB 3000MHz CL16 | XFX RX 6700 XT QICK 319 | Corsair TX 550M 80+ Gold PSU

i mean i do name the navigation app voice...but its a diffferent name each time and i usually only use a name to yell at it :D

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Could spin it off a favourite movie etc? for example mine is Lord of the Pings

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

I call mine the TopHat_Workstation. But, that naming scheme might not work for you...

3 minutes ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

I call mine the TopHat_Workstation. But, that naming scheme might not work for you...

@jstudrawa you mean the real "computer name" that for example can be found in the Control Panel?

I name my PC's (desktops and laptops) simply 'surname_incremental number'.

The server simply has my surname without the '_incremental number' behind it.

I'm not very original xD

Just now, Christophe Corazza said:

@jstudrawa you mean the real "computer name" that for example can be found in the Control Panel?

I name my PC's (desktops and laptops) simply 'surname_incremental number'.

The server simply has my surname without the '_incremental number' behind it.

I'm not very original xD

Nah - that's what I also call it when talking about it to others - the TopHat_Workstation :) 

1 minute ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

Nah - that's what I also call it when talking about it to others - the TopHat_Workstation :) 

So when talking to others you also say "underscore"? xD

The "TopHat Underscore Workstation" :P

1 minute ago, Christophe Corazza said:

So when talking to others you also say "underscore"? xD

The "TopHat Underscore Workstation" :P

Nah - I omit the underscore xD Not WATCH_DOGS...

8 hours ago, DarkFireGuy said:

Whenever I'v naming things I think of what Akira Toriyama would name Goku's next form. Then I use that. :DDDDDDDD

So Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 3 Super God Saiyan God Super Goku

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

10 hours ago, Beer_Nontitju said:

Bob

Titan A.E. reference? :)

And personally I never understood the naming thing (PC, cars and other stuff) ... not saying there's anything wrong with naming things though, just that I don't get it.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

11 hours ago, Mutoh said:

I don't name PCs just as I dont name musical instruments and cars.

5 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

And personally I never understood the naming thing (PC, cars and other stuff) ... not saying there's anything wrong with naming things though, just that I don't get it.

Well, if you install Windows (and I believe also in Linux, although it could depend on the distro), you have to name your PC, even if all you do is just to accept the default suggested name.

Personally, I don't find "<User>'s PC" very helpful, nor practical when having multiple PCs in the same network :P 

1 hour ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

@Sierra Fox Nah - he means:

Mastered Ultra Instinct, Kaioken x700, SuperSaiyan Blue, SuperSaiyan God, Super Saiyan 3, SuperSaiyan, Xeno Goku.

yeetus

hey hey hey i leik turtles