Best build for 4K Gaming?

Go to solution Solved by DocSwag,
23 minutes ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

wait what its cheaper? tf it wasnt cheaper a day ago!!

On PCPP armor is cheapest at $750 and the amp is at $785 along with the others.

20 minutes ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

also i dont care how loud it is, i just dont want it fucking not working in a year or so bcuz of heat issues. (that happend to my laptops dedicated gpu :I)

If you run the armor at max fan speeds it should be OK at stock, which will be like 1800 mhz in games. You might lose out on 5-10% extra FPS you could get with ocing on a better cooler.

The difference is only $35 compared to a $750 card though.... A drop in the bucket if you ask me.

15 hours ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

people told me you need a 1080 ti at least, benchmarks say the same.

I don't think so I mean there has to be some difference in the benchmarks of the 1070 to and 1080 ti it may be that 1070 ti can run on low-medium settings at 4k at 40fps while 1080ti can give the same on ultra. Also it heavily depends upon the type of game.

AMD Ryzen 3 1300x @3.9 ghz

Asus prime b-350 motherboard

16 GB Corsair vengeance ddr4 ram @2400 MHz

4 tb hhd

Samsung 240 GB SSD

MSI gtx 1060 6 GB OC @2.0 ghz

Corsair Vs 550 PSU

Chiptonex gx1000 V2 witch addition 3 front RGB Corsair fans 2 Corsair RGB fans at top and the inbuilt one at the back

Logitech g502 spectrum RGB mouse

Razer cynosa chroma RGB keyboard 

Prism 63391 RGB mouse pad

Readgear gmaing headset

Samsung 75hz 1440p curved monitor 

6 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

If you're going to 1440p 144hz, I'd suggest this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor  ($239.00 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($107.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock - Z370M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($125.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Team - Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.79 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition Video Card  ($474.98 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT - S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($81.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $1289.22
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-05-31 20:40 EDT-0400

I dropped your GPU down to a 1070 Ti and upped the CPU to an 8600k, which should help with higher frame rates.  If you don't plan to overclock, you can switch the cooler to a Cryorig H7 (or C7 if you want a low profile one).  It's still a good idea to keep the option for overclocking in there though.

I don't think you realize that even a 1080 Ti is going to struggle at 4K if you want high settings.  That calls for an SLI rig setup.  You'll probably have to wait a few years before 4K is something you can pull off with $1300.

well whats gona pull more fps? the build with the 1080 ti or the 1070 ti?

6 hours ago, Motifator said:

That does look like a decent build except a few things. I'd replace the H100i with a Kraken or something newer, and the memory is not good for the price. Probably some of the worst Hynix chips rated at 2400. Should be fine for Intel but for $25 more, he can get the kit of Trident-Z 3200 I linked. Seems to be the most sensible kit to buy right now for higher end setups. Samsung B-die chips, best ICs out there. Board is bit eh... M-ATX and lacking some cooling on one half of the VRM. Board size is a taste though. Other than that, looking good.

but whats gonna pull more fps in 4k? the 1070 ti build or the 1080 ti?

1 minute ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

well whats gona pull more fps? the build with the 1080 ti or the 1070 ti?

At 1440p, the 1070 Ti.  At 4K, the 1080 Ti.  If you're doing 4K, any modern quad/hexa core is going to severely bottlenecked by a 1080 Ti (or lower obviously), so it doesn't really matter.  An 8600k and a 1070 Ti is a better match though.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

5 hours ago, Kushagra_kj10 said:

I don't think so I mean there has to be some difference in the benchmarks of the 1070 to and 1080 ti it may be that 1070 ti can run on low-medium settings at 4k at 40fps while 1080ti can give the same on ultra. Also it heavily depends upon the type of game.

well if im already paying a premium why not get the extra performance?

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

At 1440p, the 1070 Ti.  At 4K, the 1080 Ti.  If you're doing 4K, any modern quad/hexa core is going to severely bottlenecked by a 1080 Ti (or lower obviously), so it doesn't really matter.  An 8600k and a 1070 Ti is a better match though.

yeah true, but if you put the 1070 ti on 4K its gonna bottleneck the cpu even harder... 

6 hours ago, Motifator said:

Yeah, hardware-based sync is good too...

and well, you know the answer to the needed GPU for 4k gaming question. ;)

This is a well regarded G-Sync monitor BTW:

https://hardforum.com/threads/31-5-2560x1440-165-hz-va-g-sync-lg-32gk850g.1947751/

mate that lg tv is fcking expencive,not for my build....

3 minutes ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

yeah true, but if you put the 1070 ti on 4K its gonna bottleneck the cpu even harder... 

That's why the build is good for 1440p, but bad for 4K.  A 1080 Ti with an 8400 won't do as good as a 1070 Ti and an 8600k at 1440p.  CPU usage isn't affected by resolution, but GPU usage is.  That's why we need to know what screen you're getting.

You can have the best build for high refresh rate 1440p, or the best build for 4K.  They aren't the same.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

9 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

That's why the build is good for 1440p, but bad for 4K.  A 1080 Ti with an 8400 won't do as good as a 1070 Ti and an 8600k at 1440p.  CPU usage isn't affected by resolution, but GPU usage is.  That's why we need to know what screen you're getting.

You can have the best build for high refresh rate 1440p, or the best build for 4K.  They aren't the same.

i think id go with a build for 4K. Because i love to gather up with my friends and family and play stuff like dirt or forza or fifa. And id like to take the advantage of a 4K tv.

i thing id go with a build for 4K. Because i love to gather up with my friends and family and play stuff like dirt or forza or fifa. And id like to take the advantage of a 4K tv.

Okay.  My build will still play 4K of course, you'll just have to dial down some of the settings.  If you'll use 4K more than 1440p, ignore my build.

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

Okay.  My build will still play 4K of course, you'll just have to dial down some of the settings.  If you'll use 4K more than 1440p, ignore my build.

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

yeah i kno, ive seen vids of a 1070 ti playin 4K but only the less gpu heavy games. Like forza or fifa also allot of optimized games like ww2 and stuff like that.

4 minutes ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

yeah i kno, ive seen vids of a 1070 ti playin 4K but only the less gpu heavy games. Like forza or fifa also allot of optimized games like ww2 and stuff like that.

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor  ($178.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI - B360M PRO-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($65.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.79 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB SC Black Edition Video Card  ($749.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: BitFenix - Whisper M 450W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $1314.63
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-01 03:26 EDT-0400

Slightly over, but I hope you can squeeze that in.

8 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor  ($178.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI - B360M PRO-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($65.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB SC Black Edition Video Card  ($749.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: BitFenix - Whisper M 450W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $1314.63
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-01 03:26 EDT-0400

Slightly over, but I hope you can squeeze that in.

isnt that the same build? but with lower ram xd. 

Just now, YourNewPalAlex said:

also the gpu shooted up in price lol its 1391$

9 minutes ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

No. It's got a different CPU, GPU, motherboard, and power supply. There's also not cooler. The RAM is the same.

2 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

No. It's got a different CPU, GPU, motherboard, and power supply. There's also not cooler. The RAM is the same.

the cpu is the same, i5 -8400. The gpu is a 1080 ti but the 850$ version. The motherboard is a 2 slot 32GB mobo. And the ram is 2400 mghz for 5 dollars cheaper? I meant the same with my build if you didnt get what i mean.

9 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

heres a really similar build, but with a cheaper gpu and psu. And a cheaper case, but i think the case is actually a bargain. Also the ram is 5$ more expencive but higher mhz. Also a 4 slot mobo.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KYtvjy
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KYtvjy/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor  ($178.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B360M DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($66.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($154.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Toshiba - 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($51.95 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB ARMOR Video Card  ($754.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cougar - MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($24.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($51.75 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1284.54
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-01 12:27 EDT-0400

@YourNewPalAlex

Like are you willing to wait for GPU? New card will most likely be released within this year, I am planning a 4K build as well but waiting on the new card, getting other parts month by month while waiting :D

New card will most likely support 4K better

2 minutes ago, D3addr0p said:

@YourNewPalAlex

Like are you willing to wait for GPU? New card will most likely be released within this year, I am planning a 4K build as well but waiting on the new card, getting other parts month by month while waiting :D

New card will most likely support 4K better

i knooo!!! but i cant wait anymoooore!! If its gonna release at august i might get the new card. But if its on new year. F*ck that!

3 minutes ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

i knooo!!! but i cant wait anymoooore!! If its gonna release at august i might get the new card. But if its on new year. F*ck that!

You planning on OCíng CPU or staying within warranty?

Just now, D3addr0p said:

You planning on OCíng CPU or staying within warranty?

well honestly if i get a decent cooler that can withstand the temperature, yeah id overclock. But if not then no

well honestly if i get a decent cooler that can withstand the temperature, yeah id overclock. But if not then no

AIO's are so damn expensive here while air coolers are cheap, maybe going for air if I can't afford AIO, although I really want one to OC

42 minutes ago, D3addr0p said:

AIO's are so damn expensive here while air coolers are cheap, maybe going for air if I can't afford AIO, although I really want one to OC

hah well goodluck. :D