Best build for 4K Gaming?

Go to solution Solved by DocSwag,
23 minutes ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

wait what its cheaper? tf it wasnt cheaper a day ago!!

On PCPP armor is cheapest at $750 and the amp is at $785 along with the others.

20 minutes ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

also i dont care how loud it is, i just dont want it fucking not working in a year or so bcuz of heat issues. (that happend to my laptops dedicated gpu :I)

If you run the armor at max fan speeds it should be OK at stock, which will be like 1800 mhz in games. You might lose out on 5-10% extra FPS you could get with ocing on a better cooler.

The difference is only $35 compared to a $750 card though.... A drop in the bucket if you ask me.

You can game on 4 k with a 1070 ti at 40 fps on GPU heavy games if you are ok with it.

AMD Ryzen 3 1300x @3.9 ghz

Asus prime b-350 motherboard

16 GB Corsair vengeance ddr4 ram @2400 MHz

4 tb hhd

Samsung 240 GB SSD

MSI gtx 1060 6 GB OC @2.0 ghz

Corsair Vs 550 PSU

Chiptonex gx1000 V2 witch addition 3 front RGB Corsair fans 2 Corsair RGB fans at top and the inbuilt one at the back

Logitech g502 spectrum RGB mouse

Razer cynosa chroma RGB keyboard 

Prism 63391 RGB mouse pad

Readgear gmaing headset

Samsung 75hz 1440p curved monitor 

17 hours ago, Bajantechnician said:

@YourNewPalAlex

Just a heads up, I have a 1080ti im trying to get rid of. :)

Its in classifieds.

why r u trying to get rid of it?

12 hours ago, Kushagra_kj10 said:

You can game on 4 k with a 1070 ti at 40 fps on GPU heavy games if you are ok with it.

people told me you need a 1080 ti at least, benchmarks say the same.

I'd second that, don't get a 1070 Ti for 4k. I had a 1080 on 4k for a long time and it suffered in games like Resident Evil 7. Waited so long for the release of the 1080 Ti, SLi'ed the 1080 twice and poor SLI support made me sell the second card two times. Did it once in early 2016, then around the end of the year.

He might be selling his 1080 Ti if he has another card to last for him until the new Nvidia card comes up. The value of the 1080 Ti will drop significantly once the new GPU comes out.

3 minutes ago, Motifator said:

I'd second that, don't get a 1070 Ti for 4k. I had a 1080 on 4k for a long time and it suffered in games like Resident Evil 7. Waited so long for the release of the 1080 Ti, SLi'ed the 1080 twice and poor SLI support made me sell the second card two times. Did it once in early 2016, then around the end of the year.

He might be selling his 1080 Ti if he has another card to last for him until the new Nvidia card comes up. The value of the 1080 Ti will drop significantly once the new GPU comes out.

so the 1080 ti is not a good value? Well when will the new gpu release?

I'd say the 1080 has better price / performance, but we don't know when the new card will release. But yeah, if 4k, 1080 Ti.

Just now, Motifator said:

I'd say the 1080 has better price / performance, but we don't know when the new card will release. But yeah, if 4k, 1080 Ti.

will it release in like a week or so? cuz ppl are hyped for computex

Likely not, some Vega cards came back in stock around MSRP. Maybe pick one up with a nice HDR Freesync monitor, would probably come for cheaper than a 1080 with a G-Sync monitor.

3 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Likely not, some Vega cards came back in stock around MSRP. Maybe pick one up with a nice HDR Freesync monitor, would probably come for cheaper than a 1080 with a G-Sync monitor.

well im not getting a g-sync monitor either way hah

6 hours ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

why r u trying to get rid of it?

want switch to Vega... 

honestly not too sure anymore

5 hours ago, Bajantechnician said:

want switch to Vega... 

honestly not too sure anymore

is vega better????????

Only if you're aiming for a FreeSync 2 and HDR supportive 27 inch monitor, or one of those 38 inch ultrawide Freesync'ers. For any other practical gaming setup, the 1080 Ti is more efficient and stronger. However, since the G-Sync IPS monitors are overly expensive, just buying a Vega with a Freesync panel wouldn't burn your wallet as much I presume.

7 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Only if you're aiming for a FreeSync 2 and HDR supportive 27 inch monitor, or one of those 38 inch ultrawide Freesync'ers. For any other practical gaming setup, the 1080 Ti is more efficient and stronger. However, since the G-Sync IPS monitors are overly expensive, just buying a Vega with a Freesync panel wouldn't burn your wallet as much I presume.

so your saying i sould go with vega? Can you build me a build for 1300$ then? pls

Why not? I mean, they're on the inefficient side as far thermal dynamics go, but unless you have a very cramped case in hot tub of a room and buy a good version, you should be fine. You didn't need an SSD, let's see... 2 dollars over your budget. 1 for the rig, other for the Mustang. Ordered in 60 seconds, deal? :D

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ntrKXP

1 hour ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

is vega better????????

not really. its just for free sync

1 hour ago, Motifator said:

this^^

21 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Why not? I mean, they're on the inefficient side as far thermal dynamics go, but unless you have a very cramped case in hot tub of a room and buy a good version, you should be fine. You didn't need an SSD, let's see... 2 dollars over your budget. 1 for the rig, other for the Mustang. Ordered in 60 seconds, deal? :D

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ntrKXP

holy fuck you went nuts for that setup lol

Really the important factor here is to decide on which monitor you might want to use, as Bajantechnician also tried to point out. My monitor is solid, but I'd like to call it "no sync". Bit of boring for intense games.

10 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Really the important factor here is to decide on which monitor you might want to use, as Bajantechnician also tried to point out. My monitor is solid, but I'd like to call it "no sync". Bit of boring for intense games.

hah well  ive been gaming on an old tv for like a year or so, its not even semi hd. So i think not gaming g-sync wont burn out my eyes, if i even have eyes at this point. My monitor might as welll fcking burned them

4 minutes ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

hah well  ive been gaming on an old tv for like a year or so, its not even semi hd. So i think not gaving g-sync wont burn out my eyes, if i even have eyes at this point. My monitor might as welll fcking burned them

honestly, a 1070ti is more than enough for 1440p

2 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

honestly, a 1070ti is more than enough for 1440p

dude i have a tv in the living room thats 4K, i want to play on the thing. And i will have my main gaming monitor (1440p 144hz) in my room. I want to be able to play on both of my monitors. Im pretty sure the 1070 ti can not handle 4K.

If you're going to 1440p 144hz, I'd suggest this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor  ($239.00 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($107.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock - Z370M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($125.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Team - Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.79 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition Video Card  ($474.98 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT - S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($81.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $1289.22
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-05-31 20:40 EDT-0400

I dropped your GPU down to a 1070 Ti and upped the CPU to an 8600k, which should help with higher frame rates.  If you don't plan to overclock, you can switch the cooler to a Cryorig H7 (or C7 if you want a low profile one).  It's still a good idea to keep the option for overclocking in there though.

43 minutes ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

dude i have a tv in the living room thats 4K, i want to play on the thing. And i will have my main gaming monitor (1440p 144hz) in my room. I want to be able to play on both of my monitors. Im pretty sure the 1070 ti can not handle 4K.

I don't think you realize that even a 1080 Ti is going to struggle at 4K if you want high settings.  That calls for an SLI rig setup.  You'll probably have to wait a few years before 4K is something you can pull off with $1300.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

That does look like a decent build except a few things. I'd replace the H100i with a Kraken or something newer, and the memory is not good for the price. Probably some of the worst Hynix chips rated at 2400. Should be fine for Intel but for $25 more, he can get the kit of Trident-Z 3200 I linked. Seems to be the most sensible kit to buy right now for higher end setups. Samsung B-die chips, best ICs out there. Board is bit eh... M-ATX and lacking some cooling on one half of the VRM. Board size is a taste though. Other than that, looking good.