World's CRAZIEST 5GHz LAPTOP

Far to expensive. I don't see how they would sell a lot of these. Very cool product though. There are way better bang for buck laptops out there.

So this thing will basically thermal throttle all the time.
Seems healthy...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

That's not a laptop. That's a desk without feet.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

Ermmmm, without the bottom casing, were they not suffocating the 2 fans? I mean, the fans were literally resting directly against the mat... 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Mr.Meerkat good point! But Blowie /Delta Airways propeller doohickey must have offset any airflow losses there and then some. 

4.3GHZ on all 6 cores at stock overclocked config? That's not bad. What about a thin laptop like a Gigabyte Aero 15x with the 8750h 6 core, maybe 3.2GHZ on all cores sustained?

I like that the Extreme CPU won't throttle at 90C like the regular 6-core (8th gen) laptop CPUs.. 90C is too soon. My 9 year old X9100 Extreme C2D laptop CPU doesn't throttle until 104C. 

Worth it? Maybe. If the screen has great brightness for outdoor usage, which addresses the weakness in many gaming laptops vs say Apple. Would lean me from the heavy-arse weight aspect and small battery. 

But really, eh maybe not. 6-core i7/i9s throttle on laptops.

Great video great enthusiasm

EDIT: What if instead it had a 1070 and had a few more heatpipes from the GPU loop shared with the CPU? I suppose in stock config it can handle 4.8GHZ on 1 or 2 cores all day which accounts for most productivity boosts. Oh, the G703GS version has a 1070. Bet thermal system is identical tho.

Rewind exactly 10 years and you will get a Toshiba Qosmio X305 17 inch laptop (which I own) that was around 2 inches thick too. Or go back six years to find the Alienware M18x that was an even bigger behemoth. You could also point fingers at the more recent Acer Predator X21, but that for a better term was just an overpriced and overinflated POS given Acer's reputation for hideous QC and reliability.

How is it that it has taken THIS MUCH TIME for manufacturers to wake up and realize that THIN MEANS COMPROMISE??? There are customers out there that DON'T drink the Apple Kool Aid - people who want their pizza deep dish instead of thin crust, and people who expect to sit down with a smartphone in their back pants pocket AND NOT HAVE IT BEND.

5 Jiggahertz in a laptop is a nice clickbait title to get views, yeah, but it's not the thing that should be getting people excited when you are still trading blows between thermals and current. Real world use is still a long way off, and there are other things that could be improved with a thicker chassis besides bare CPU speed...

...like a proper 20 inch 4K laptop for example that I am still waiting for.

Clevo is also out there making some seriously high end gear too, but I just cannot stand their keyboards. I'll give kudos to Asus for building this though, especially since Toshiba has dropped out of the game entirely and Dell has since dropped the ball with Alienware as well.

BTW: GG and DD are a guys best friend :P ( o ) ( o )

Cool it overclocked to 5ghz performs like my i7 8700 in cinebench D:

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Should have put the back of the display on the desk so that the motherboard is vertical and pointed the fans at the CPU area.

That VRM is probably struggling.

Or replaced the blowers entirely with those fans. Have them blow through the heatsink instead.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 hour ago, Princess Cadence said:

Cool it overclocked to 5ghz performs like my i7 8700 in cinebench D:

At that point that's what it basically is.

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

The laptop is thermal throttling? No wonder, you have the fans flat to the table.

Put a wallet or some lego weels between the laptop and table, to give it a better chance. Please.

I'm curious what kind of thermals it would get if they repasted it.

Edit - Nvm, guess I wasn't patient enough :P

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-6850k @ 4.2GHz

GPU: 2x FE GTX 1080Ti

Memory: 16GB PNY Anarchy DDR4 3200MHz

Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme 4

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz

GPU: GTX 1050

Memory: 8GB Curcial Ballistix DDR4 2133MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H

Hey people, since it takes a heavy laptop to be able to get any decent sustained turbo speeds out of the i9 chip, why does Asus think it's not tricking people by putting in the same CPU in the Zenbook Pro 15 at 4 pounds??? I hope Linus reviews 1.

Edited by danwat1234
Changed entire post

My iPad sounded like a jet engine during the entire video...

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Who ever edits or does the stupid thumbnail picture should realize the circle with the sideways traingle is in the center of the pic.

after they replaced the factory thermal compound with liquid metal, they didn't put back the base. Wouldn't this mean that the fans would be suffocated because the base has case feats which would lift the fan of the table?

Is a desktop tower with a keyboard, monitor and a UPS strapped to it a laptop?

On 5/30/2018 at 1:50 PM, bindydad123 said:

after they replaced the factory thermal compound with liquid metal, they didn't put back the base. Wouldn't this mean that the fans would be suffocated because the base has case feats which would lift the fan of the table?

Not necessarily depending on the design 

In most cases, the wide-open exposure actually improves breathability because laptop vents are generally tiny, as long as nothing soft gets in the way 

On my ASUS GL502 for example, removing the bottom cover gives an up to 10-degree difference in load temps. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

3 hours ago, bindydad123 said:

I know right? They just let it sit flat.

"Oh, and now it thermal throttles." No shit sherlock, of course it thermal throttles with its fans blocked.

12018-05-30-1103.png

Not only does it look like the laptop is flat agains the table, it also looks like the computer is flat against an anti-static rubber mat.

1 hour ago, Magnus_ said:

I know right? They just let it sit flat.

"Oh, and now it thermal throttles." No shit sherlock, of course it thermal throttles with its fans blocked.

But it also thermal throttled during their baseline tests, don't forget that's what most users will be experiencing. Not many people are going to mess with clocks and voltages.

I usually would say that it's the fault of the manufacturer of the laptop, but tbh this cpu kicks out such a stupid amount of heat i'm pointing at intel for this one.

Who thinks a cpu that can kick out up to 160W of heat by default belongs in a laptop?!

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

16 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Far to expensive. I don't see how they would sell a lot of these. Very cool product though. There are way better bang for buck laptops out there.

Im thinking Univesrities might buy them for their PhD student who need the computing power but also have to be on the move a lot and can't lug around a ultra big rig everywhere