Star Citizen Legatus Pack, every item in the game for $27,000

Master Disaster

This is why Developmers and such who have those keeping tight deadlines or at least SOME deadline and some scope of project are asm uch as we gamers hate em needed. They ensure something get released vs just promises forever. [Usually]

15 hours ago, Tellos said:

This is why Developmers and such who have those keeping tight deadlines or at least SOME deadline and some scope of project are asm uch as we gamers hate em needed. They ensure something get released vs just promises forever. [Usually]

Star Citizen is, currently, by all definition, a playable game. You can fly a ship, take missions, land on planets and walk around them without a load screen, pick up a gun and shoot people, worry about your law enforcement relationship, play with other players, pick up cargo yourself and put it in your ship yourself, and have to worry about fuel and ammo and integrity. There's no story so far, but that doesn't stop people anymore. It's about as full of a game as Elite Dangerous was when that came out as a 'full game.'

Only major issues right now are bad optimization, or maybe my GPU is just not good enough, and some text overlaps making distances unreadable. The star map also sucks. I've had minimal crashes and game breaking bugs for a bunch of updates now, and definitely wouldn't recommend it yet buuuut hopefully they'll keep it going

People also seem to be under the impression this is the first time they've had a super expensive all-ship pack for over $20,000. It isn't.

4 hours ago, Eaglerino said:

People also seem to be under the impression this is the first time they've had a super expensive all-ship pack for over $20,000. It isn't.

What were the previous?

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

7 minutes ago, Noctus said:

What were the previous?

Literally the same thing, just less expensive because there were less ships available. It may not have been $20 grand, I can't find a pack history, but there was a $15,000 pack

14 minutes ago, Eaglerino said:

Literally the same thing, just less expensive because there were less ships available. It may not have been $20 grand, I can't find a pack history, but there was a $15,000 pack

lol people are daft

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

11 minutes ago, Noctus said:

lol people are daft

I play Path of Exile and for a time they had a supporter pack that was $12,500. 3 people still bought that. Somebody spent 10 grand on Mass Effect 3 of all games. I'm sure people have spent ten times that on Fortnite by now, and I don't even want to know for phone games. It's astounding to me what people put their value into, especially when it doesn't even exist yet

On 5/29/2018 at 10:45 AM, peanuts104 said:

According to Wikipedia, development began in 2011.  A seven year development cycle is pretty long.

I'm sure they had some development started then, but I'd wager that primary development didn't begin until after the KS campaign, which ended in November of 2012 (so less than 6 years, at this point).

On 5/29/2018 at 1:50 PM, NMS said:

I can't stop laughing. Yet at the same time I feel extremely sorry for people actually spending that kind of money on a game.

Is the company going under perhaps and this is their last chance at a cash grab?

On 5/29/2018 at 1:58 PM, Cole5 said:

Holy shit, Welp this is all the ammo i need whenever anyone tries to say SC aint a massive scam, RICO when

On 5/29/2018 at 2:03 PM, huilun02 said:

Looks like they are on their final stretch before dropping us the biggest bomb in kickstarter history

Watch the Star Citizen subsection of the forums magically vanish

On 5/29/2018 at 6:09 PM, Ryujin2003 said:

I don't see it necessarily as a scam. If funding is running low and investors refuse to put more money into it, there may be some wealthy people who would support the game. If 10 people purchased this, how much longer would that keep the lights on in hope of getting the game released?

Scam? No. I view this as an extreme version of "Premium" edition, to try and raise additional funds.

I'd definitely take it as a sign that big investors are probably done at this point

On 5/29/2018 at 6:28 PM, yian88 said:

that is a dead game this stunt proves it, they no longer have cash and want to milk the idiots who donated to an impossible project

lumberyard sucks , so will the game, too bad it wont even see the light of day it will die in alpha

This is neither a quick cash grab nor a scam. These packs have been in the game since pretty much the beginning. The first pack was $1000 for all the ships that were in the game at the time. The pack has been updated several times to always include all the current ships. This shouldn't even be news. Next year there will be another which will be more expensive same with the year after that... It is all of you who are massively uninformed.

They have enough funds to keep going for several more years. So prepare for more "news" like this. In fact if you google you can probably find the last few post about expensive packs for SC. With the exact same reactions as all of you posted.

On 5/29/2018 at 2:02 PM, ScratchCat said:

So this is a product marketed at the niche who play Star Citizen, the niche within this niche who would spend over $1000 on the game and then the niche within the niche within the niche who would be willing to pay the same as a car or even two cheaper cars.

Did I mention the game isn't even finished yet and required a $2500 PC to play at at high settings?

Yes is it probably to expensive for any one person to just buy. However did ANYONE here think of organizations? if for instance the LTT org were to ask each member for a few dollars this pack can be bought. Ships can be divided amongst the org, there will probably be some kind of possibility to share ships within orgs. A pack like this suddenly doesn't look all that expensive now does it?

On 5/29/2018 at 2:17 PM, Newenthusiast said:

I honestly cant understand how people are still supporting this shit, its been overdue for years, just release the fucking thing already.  

On 5/29/2018 at 3:05 PM, Taf the Ghost said:

Star Citizen is a project that could have been saved, but that was several years ago. Now they're just trying to find as much money as possible, sinking it into an ever expanding sinkhole.

It's not a scam, just a failed project that has too much personal reputation tied up into by the principles. 

On 5/29/2018 at 5:45 PM, peanuts104 said:

According to Wikipedia, development began in 2011.  A seven year development cycle is pretty long.

It has NOT been overdue for years. In fact its pretty much on track. This project takes longer because they maintain a live build for people to play on while they develop it. In normal development they develop all the features buggy AF and then do bug fixing and only after that do optimizations. Having a live build active for backers to play on takes more time and delays development, because they have to do bug fixing and optimizations. All of this was and still should be expected.

On 5/29/2018 at 3:55 PM, imreloadin said:

Inb4 this only gets you all CURRENT ships/items but you still have to pay for anything "new" that is created just like everyone else xD

Yes it is all current ships and will NOT be updated with anything new. Well the pack will be updated and all new stuff to be added but the price will also go up at that point. This should be no surprise, as i've said before, they've done this for years.

Well until next time people, probably should all save ur messages so you can just repost the exact same thing next time.... i know i will...

I have no signature

50 minutes ago, Helly said:

This is neither a quick cash grab nor a scam. These packs have been in the game since pretty much the beginning. The first pack was $1000 for all the ships that were in the game at the time. The pack has been updated several times to always include all the current ships. This shouldn't even be news. Next year there will be another which will be more expensive same with the year after that... It is all of you who are massively uninformed.

They have enough funds to keep going for several more years. So prepare for more "news" like this. In fact if you google you can probably find the last few post about expensive packs for SC. With the exact same reactions as all of you posted.

Yes is it probably to expensive for any one person to just buy. However did ANYONE here think of organizations? if for instance the LTT org were to ask each member for a few dollars this pack can be bought. Ships can be divided amongst the org, there will probably be some kind of possibility to share ships within orgs. A pack like this suddenly doesn't look all that expensive now does it?

It has NOT been overdue for years. In fact its pretty much on track. This project takes longer because they maintain a live build for people to play on while they develop it. In normal development they develop all the features buggy AF and then do bug fixing and only after that do optimizations. Having a live build active for backers to play on takes more time and delays development, because they have to do bug fixing and optimizations. All of this was and still should be expected.

Yes it is all current ships and will NOT be updated with anything new. Well the pack will be updated and all new stuff to be added but the price will also go up at that point. This should be no surprise, as i've said before, they've done this for years.

Well until next time people, probably should all save ur messages so you can just repost the exact same thing next time.... i know i will...

How much have you invested? It must be a fair amount for you to need to convince yourself this badly.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 hour ago, Helly said:

-snip-

I will never understand why people would defend or take pride in owning temporary and inflated digital goods. So much more potential can be extracted from the real world, yet someone would gladly pay thousands for something that is as fickle as life itself. 

It reminds me why I quit MMO's a long time ago, like Age of Wushu for example. Someone actually bought a 16,000,00$ sword...

2 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

How much have you invested? It must be a fair amount for you to need to convince yourself this badly.

just over $800, which i accepted as gone and lost the moment i bought the stuff i own. Tell me plz, what am i convincing myself of? That this game is not overdue? That its not a scam?

If as claimed above this game has been overdue for YEARS, it would mean people expected this game to be build and ready to go from scratch to finished in 4/5 years. That's unrealistic for any game that starts from scratch. Normal AAA games start with a finished engine and tools to build the game before they've done anything and then develop for 4/5 years. For SC they had an engine yes, but it was not at all made for the game they wanted to make (no engine is, before you start) so they had to (and still do) make massive changes to the engine code. The tools that were available for the engine were so inadequate that they were pretty much useless. So they had to make their own tools before they could even begin to build the game they wanted. Both of these things alone took years because no one had ever done this before. To give an example of the old tools, it took an hour (or more) of dragging a planet across a solar system to get it in the right place.... they can now build a basic solar system in minutes with their own tools. I'm not defending them, i understand that this process takes time. It's all the "SCAMMMMMM" screamers that expected the game to be done within 4/5 years max that have no clue how game development works.

A scam? What MORON asks for money from people to build the game of their dreams as a scam and then sets up a company and goes to build that exact game.... gives you multiple video's every week of the progress they make only to at some random point to run away with the money.... I mean 4/5 years ago it might have made a little sense but there comes a point where you have to give up on the "ITS A SCAM!" argument. People have used that argument for every new version that was promised and each time they were proven wrong.

So explain to me what i'm trying to convince myself of... because i really can't figure it out.

ps. i expect no reply, i've asked this 4/5 times already of people, they never have an answer for me....

I have no signature

3 hours ago, Helly said:

As someone who followed closely and played the game for over a year straight, it is most definitely overdue. It's been delayed soooo many times. I remember in 2015 when Chris was saying Star Marine in a few months and then they just indefinitely delayed that for nearly 2 years, hell they were even saying PU would release around then as well. It's one thing to defend SC from the scam accusation but saying it's not overdue is pure delusion.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

9 minutes ago, 2FA said:

As someone who followed closely and played the game for over a year straight, it is most definitely overdue. It's been delayed soooo many times. I remember in 2015 when Chris was saying Star Marine in a few months and then they just indefinitely delayed that for nearly 2 years, hell they were even saying PU that around then as well. It's one thing to defend SC from the scam accusation but saying it's not overdue is pure delusion.

The first PU release (alpha 2.0) was in december 2015. So the PU was available then. Anyway, they have admitted their mistakes with the release dates multiple times and have learned from them as far as i can tell for now. They promised a release every quarter from now on and they hit the first one spot on. Alpha releases have been delayed yes, there's no denying that. But there was never a release date for the full game. So no, SC has never been delayed because there was never a release date in the first place. There was only ever the now "SCAM" screamers that expected a release within 5 years that believed there was a release date.

I have no signature

10 hours ago, Eaglerino said:

I play Path of Exile and for a time they had a supporter pack that was $12,500.

The difference is you get no gameplay advantage from the PoE pack.

27 minutes ago, Helly said:

The first PU release (alpha 2.0) was in december 2015. So the PU was available then. Anyway, they have admitted their mistakes with the release dates multiple times and have learned from them as far as i can tell for now. They promised a release every quarter from now on and they hit the first one spot on. Alpha releases have been delayed yes, there's no denying that. But there was never a release date for the full game. So no, SC has never been delayed because there was never a release date in the first place. There was only ever the now "SCAM" screamers that expected a release within 5 years that believed there was a release date.

Except there was a release date then, 2016. The page is long gone by now but they did have a timeline which included the release.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Every time I log in I never find a 'playable game' (at least for the parts of the game I'm interested in). It always looks like it's got the latest and greatest tech tho. I never logged in and felt 'oh nothing has changed since last year', and I log in about annually to see if the game is playable. 

This is what you get when you let developers manage themselves, you get endless development cycle and no release date. Glorious tech demo. We can go on for ages creeping the scope and improving the AI, refactoring everything for some new framework or change in design direction, game engines, and so much more that it can be endless.

And that is what I expected because they let the developers run the show. Google got pushed by investors into hiring Eric Schmidt to be CEO till the founders Page and Brin learned how to run a company rather than just write algorithms... 

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

Madness that people in this thread are still defending this burning pile of garbage, Bless Online is a game everyone needs to get on board with. /s

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

3 hours ago, Helly said:

just over $800, which i accepted as gone and lost the moment i bought the stuff i own. Tell me plz, what am i convincing myself of? That this game is not overdue? That its not a scam?

If as claimed above this game has been overdue for YEARS, it would mean people expected this game to be build and ready to go from scratch to finished in 4/5 years. That's unrealistic for any game that starts from scratch. Normal AAA games start with a finished engine and tools to build the game before they've done anything and then develop for 4/5 years. For SC they had an engine yes, but it was not at all made for the game they wanted to make (no engine is, before you start) so they had to (and still do) make massive changes to the engine code. The tools that were available for the engine were so inadequate that they were pretty much useless. So they had to make their own tools before they could even begin to build the game they wanted. Both of these things alone took years because no one had ever done this before. To give an example of the old tools, it took an hour (or more) of dragging a planet across a solar system to get it in the right place.... they can now build a basic solar system in minutes with their own tools. I'm not defending them, i understand that this process takes time. It's all the "SCAMMMMMM" screamers that expected the game to be done within 4/5 years max that have no clue how game development works.

A scam? What MORON asks for money from people to build the game of their dreams as a scam and then sets up a company and goes to build that exact game.... gives you multiple video's every week of the progress they make only to at some random point to run away with the money.... I mean 4/5 years ago it might have made a little sense but there comes a point where you have to give up on the "ITS A SCAM!" argument. People have used that argument for every new version that was promised and each time they were proven wrong.

So explain to me what i'm trying to convince myself of... because i really can't figure it out.

ps. i expect no reply, i've asked this 4/5 times already of people, they never have an answer for me....

You're convincing yourself that you're going to get the thing you were promised when you first invested.

First of all yes the game is years late, by definition. It has been delayed numerous times now meaning it's late. 2014 to 2018 is years late by any definition.

Second what's being offered now isn't even close to what this game was when the Kickstarter first launched.

Third when a business changes terms and conditions to prevent investors from getting refunds you know something is very wrong.

Fourth when you're running a business that's funded by crowdfunding it's a bad sign when the CEO is buying working automatic hanger bay doors for the studio and his office.

You can call it whatever you like, to anyone with even a modicum of common sense it's trouble at the very least.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

3 hours ago, Helly said:

They've missed 2 semi firm release dates so far, the original crowdfunding campaign listed 2014 as the projects completion date then in 2014 they announced it was delayed until 2016 then in 2016 they announced they no longer have a release date and instead are taking a "when it's done" approach.

People had expectations because of what CIG told them, they basically lied on the Kickstarter to secure money then after they had the funds changed their minds, backed out of all their promises and in the end retroactively changed their ToS to stop original Kickstarter backers from withdrawing.

See what I mean about convincing yourself?

Many prisoners admit their mistakes and learn from them, that doesn't mean they didn't do the thing they're in prison for.

5 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

They've missed 2 semi firm release dates so far, the original crowdfunding campaign listed 2014 as the projects completion date then in 2014 they announced it was delayed until 2016 then in 2016 they announced they no longer have a release date and instead are taking a "when it's done" approach.

See what I mean about convincing yourself?

Many prisoners admit their mistakes and learn from them, that doesn't mean they didn't do the thing they're in prison for.

I don't think he's "convincing himself". I simply believe that he feels that the project is on track and that the devs aren't feeding us lies. You obviously disagree.

Furthermore, the original 2014 date was for the base crowdfunding goal, with zero stretch goals. The original stretch goals themselves added years to the dev time, once those goals were reached.

Admittedly, this was a problem, where even after Kickstarter, they were still adding new stretch goals (all the way up to $60m), which added feature creep. However, multiple years ago, they rectified that problem by saying "Okay guys, this is the feature list", and have been pretty good about not creeping in new features.

Some features have changed significantly, yes, but that's usually due to the original method not panning out, and them needing to fix a problem. Let's be clear, sticking with a feature because you promised it, is a terrible decision if that feature, implemented the way you promised, turns out to be a terrible mechanic.

And yes, they basically gave up on solid release dates, because they knew they were too far out to make any firm commitments, and that any date they set might be delayed due to unforeseen circumstances, and they would get eaten alive by said release date promise.

The way they are developing this game is certainly a lot different from the traditional approach:

1. No firm deadline

2. Very transparent

3. Constant live alpha builds

etc

It may not be the best approach - but it certainly has it's own advantages. I still have strong faith that the game will get finished, though not in the next 12 months.

I definitely don't think it's a scam, because if so, it's a goddamn stupid and terrible scam. Chris Roberts should have ran off with the money and bought an island, if this was a scam. Instead, he's actively creating the thing he's promised, employing many devs, and is constantly releasing updates to said product.

If this was a scam, he's certainly eating into his "profits" quite significantly for seemingly no reason.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

4 hours ago, ravenshrike said:

The difference is you get no gameplay advantage from the PoE pack.

Eggghhh you can buy a whack load of stash tabs and I'm pretty sure those guys got to design a few things that directly impacted gameplay. I have no denial Star Citizen is pay to win right now, but they've said in the past it'll only be until the game is released since you're still pledging money and getting a reward for the pledge. I really hope they don't have pay to win if it's ever fully released

11 minutes ago, Eaglerino said:

Eggghhh you can buy a whack load of stash tabs and I'm pretty sure those guys got to design a few things that directly impacted gameplay. I have no denial Star Citizen is pay to win right now, but they've said in the past it'll only be until the game is released since you're still pledging money and getting a reward for the pledge. I really hope they don't have pay to win if it's ever fully released

My hope is that you'll still be able to do either an offline PU, or a private invite only PU. I want the game for SQ42 primarily anyway, and being able to play in the PU afterwards and explore and do the randomly generated missions is just a bonus.

Though, if it ends up being "fun" with an org, with more to do, I may participate more.

But yes, hopefully Roberts will keep to his word about "shutting off" P2W when the Retail Release hits.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

17 hours ago, Helly said:

I'm not sure what bothers me more, the fact that this "business model" is allowed to exist or that you're this ok with it...

I mean I could maybe, MAYBE, start to believe this price being justified if you were buying say some ships that were the only ones of their kind created. Then they could justify it by saying that whatever amount of ships took the design and programming teams X amount of time to create and Y is the salaries of these teams so the end price of it is Z which is what you then pay for the pack. Then at least the player would some sort of special commodity that they could then flash around to other players and have bragging rights for being the "only one who has this ship" etc.

The fact that they release things in this manner and keep "pushing back" the actual release date tells me that they will never actually "release" the game with access to all previously made content. Why on Earth would you actually release the game if you can just keep pushing the date back and then keep releasing these new "expansion packs" and piecemeal it all. A $27K package that people apparently are buying is one hell of an incentive that your current business model works so why change things?

4 hours ago, imreloadin said:

I'm not sure what bothers me more, the fact that this "business model" is allowed to exist or that you're this ok with it...

I mean I could maybe, MAYBE, start to believe this price being justified if you were buying say some ships that were the only ones of their kind created. Then they could justify it by saying that whatever amount of ships took the design and programming teams X amount of time to create and Y is the salaries of these teams so the end price of it is Z which is what you then pay for the pack. Then at least the player would some sort of special commodity that they could then flash around to other players and have bragging rights for being the "only one who has this ship" etc.

The fact that they release things in this manner and keep "pushing back" the actual release date tells me that they will never actually "release" the game with access to all previously made content. Why on Earth would you actually release the game if you can just keep pushing the date back and then keep releasing these new "expansion packs" and piecemeal it all. A $27K package that people apparently are buying is one hell of an incentive that your current business model works so why change things?

It kinda bothers me that people are bothered by a company giving people an option. Cuz that's all it is, an option to buy everything in the game, while at the same time funding the project. The price is just the sum of all items/ships/etc currently available with a significant discount. It's their choice to offer it for whatever price they want. The backers then have the choice to either buy it or not. Why would i have a problem with that? I'm not going to buy it as i don't have that kind of money.

As for the release date, it has been said several times now that there is no release date. So they are not pushing back anything and haven't for at least a year now. In fact the only known release date is that of alpha 3.2 which is coming at the end of next month. I am very confident that they are going to make that because they made the previous one so there's no reason to doubt it.

and this "business model" as you call it WILL change. They've already said as much. Shops to buy ships are coming to the game at some point and they will alter the website and remove the buying of any in-game item. The only thing to be bought at that point is in-game money and that will be limited. So this game will not be pay2win. Am i trying to convince myself again? No actually, all the promises they've made they have stuck to so far. So have no reason to doubt this. Every hater screaming its a scam and that this game will never be released has been wrong so far, so them i have far more reason to doubt....

I have no signature