Star Citizen Legatus Pack, every item in the game for $27,000

Master Disaster

I don't see it necessarily as a scam. If funding is running low and investors refuse to put more money into it, there may be some wealthy people who would support the game. If 10 people purchased this, how much longer would that keep the lights on in hope of getting the game released?

Scam? No. I view this as an extreme version of "Premium" edition, to try and raise additional funds.

I'd definitely take it as a sign that big investors are probably done at this point

that is a dead game this stunt proves it, they no longer have cash and want to milk the idiots who donated to an impossible project

lumberyard sucks , so will the game, too bad it wont even see the light of day it will die in alpha

5 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Anybody who buys into this Ponzi scheme for $27,000 frankly deserves everything they get, or don't as the case may be.

It's 28k not 27k, because you need to spend 1000 dollars before seeing the package in the store :)

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

1 hour ago, DrMacintosh said:

This game has been getting “developed” for how many years now? And it’s not like it’s that impressive.....

I vaguely recall they were crowdfunding around the same time as Elite Dangerous was. I only bit on ED, and even then I thought I was gambling on £90 on what might or might not happen. I played and got bored of ED and I'm not sure there's been that much change to SC in the same time span. I only have a passing interest in SC as I got two ships "free" with hardware purchases, one each from AMD and Intel.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

While the price tag of these packs are frankly ridiculous, I'm somewhat surprised by the uproar.

If a gamer has that kind of cash, and is willing to spend it? Who cares? Even rich people play video games.

Is the game a "scam"? No, I don't think so. A scam is an intentional deception to steal your money.

Will the game "ever come out"? I don't know, but I think so, yes. They are still releasing major and regular updates constantly, with the major updates now on a quarterly release schedule.

It could still flop, of course, but things are looking good on the development side of things.

Maybe they're running low on cash reserves - no idea. But even if they are, as long as they can still get more revenue while maintaining interest, that's not necessarily a deal breaker.

I only paid $60 back in the beginning. If the game fails, I'll only be out $60. Anyone who paid more, knew what they were getting into.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

14 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

While the price tag of these packs are frankly ridiculous, I'm somewhat surprised by the uproar.

If a gamer has that kind of cash, and is willing to spend it? Who cares? Even rich people play video games.

Is the game a "scam"? No, I don't think so. A scam is an intentional deception to steal your money.

Will the game "ever come out"? I don't know, but I think so, yes. They are still releasing major and regular updates constantly, with the major updates now on a quarterly release schedule.

It could still flop, of course, but things are looking good on the development side of things.

Maybe they're running low on cash reserves - no idea. But even if they are, as long as they can still get more revenue while maintaining interest, that's not necessarily a deal breaker.

I only paid $60 back in the beginning. If the game fails, I'll only be out $60. Anyone who paid more, knew what they were getting into.

Problem is they have blown the cash before almost ending it altogether. 

Their credibility is not able to back up this request. If they showed a good use of the money before I would have no problem. 

2 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Problem is they have blown the cash before almost ending it altogether. 

Their credibility is not able to back up this request. If they showed a good use of the money before I would have no problem. 

Well, for one, we don't even know that they're low on cash. Second, considering all the tech and assets and mechanics they are building, I would say that so far, at least, there's a lot to show for it.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

11 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Second, considering all the tech and assets and mechanics they are building, I would say that so far, at least, there's a lot to show for it.

They keep refactoring code for some feature to get streamlined, then adding another feature and refactoring code, repeat until funding crisis. How many times do they gotta rebuild everything?

I never expected an 'end release', just eternal development... but the whole project a while back looked like it was getting expense heavy and who knows if it's even sustainable. I expect not.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

12 minutes ago, dtaflorida said:

They keep refactoring code for some feature to get streamlined, then adding another feature and refactoring code, repeat until funding crisis. How many times do they gotta rebuild everything?

I never expected an 'end release', just eternal development... but the whole project a while back looked like it was getting expense heavy and who knows if it's even sustainable. I expect not.

It's a balancing act.

On one hand, people want them to release new features - new features means new bugs, changes to code, new optimizations.

On the other hand, people bitch when it runs like crap, so they have to focus on constant optimizations.

It's a lose-lose for them. They won't be able to please everyone. And the fact that you can play the Alpha means that unfortunately, they have to devote more resources to optimizations then they otherwise would.

I still expect the game to be "released". I also expect eternal development for future features and content. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

I'll give it another year, and see how close we are, especially with Squadron 42 (which is actually what I want from the game anyway).

3 hours ago, yian88 said:

that is a dead game this stunt proves it, they no longer have cash and want to milk the idiots who donated to an impossible project

lumberyard sucks , so will the game, too bad it wont even see the light of day it will die in alpha

How may people do you seriously think are going to buy the 30 thousand dollar pack lol

And you guys complained about Star Wars battlefront 2....

“Security is always excessive until it’s not enough.”

– Robbie Sinclair, Head of Security, NSW Australia 

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?” - Every Tech Rep Ever

If you need help with your build please tag me.

Main PC:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1300x RAM: 8gb ddr4 2666 MT/s Mobo: ASRock A320M HDD: 1tb WD GPU: Gtx 1050ti 4gb

Spoiler

P.s. if you can tell me what reference my location I will follow you. 

Bonus points if you can tell me the names of the people there. 

10 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

It's a balancing act.

On one hand, people want them to release new features - new features means new bugs, changes to code, new optimizations.

On the other hand, people bitch when it runs like crap, so they have to focus on constant optimizations.

It's a lose-lose for them. They won't be able to please everyone. And the fact that you can play the Alpha means that unfortunately, they have to devote more resources to optimizations then they otherwise would.

I still expect the game to be "released". I also expect eternal development for future features and content. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

I'll give it another year, and see how close we are, especially with Squadron 42 (which is actually what I want from the game anyway).

I'm sorry but i dont see the unified vision CIG have for this game ever releasing. At best we will get a few parts of it released as standalone products but the scope of the entire project is simply to large to be at all viable, let alone successful.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

I'm sorry but i dont see the unified vision CIG have for this game ever releasing. At best we will get a few parts of it released as standalone products but the scope of the entire project is simply to large to be at all viable, let alone successful.

Perhaps. I'm not sure it'll reach the absolute grandiose vision that Roberts envisioned, but I have confidence that they will release a fully featured game with - more or less - all the major features promised.

50+ explorable solar systems, with bases, stations, moons, derelicts, etc. Trading/buying goods, an economy, missions, a story, etc.

A lot of these pieces are already in the game to some degree. They either need to tie them all together, or scale them up.

Obviously it's still a massive task, and I suspect the game is still 2 years from completion, but I think it's still achievable.

I figure, if everything goes to plan, we'll see the Alpha morph into Beta sometime next year, and then hopefully public release within 18-24 months. That's just my own suspicions from watching development.

23 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I was really in for the trading/economy. But some while back when I stopped following it, I figured I'd settle for just Squadron 42. Between the two at least S42 seemed like something they could finish, and then just add trailer missions or storyline and keep expanding on in the future. 

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

38 minutes ago, dtaflorida said:

I was really in for the trading/economy. But some while back when I stopped following it, I figured I'd settle for just Squadron 42. Between the two at least S42 seemed like something they could finish, and then just add trailer missions or storyline and keep expanding on in the future. 

Yeah the current plan is to release SQ42 in 3 episodes (unlucky, I know), each featuring a part of the story arc.

They are starting to get the economy going, but it's nowhere even partially finished. All they've got so far is some of the merchant/stores setup, and it's limited to equipment only at the moment - stuff like guns, armour, cosmetic clothing, ship weapons and equipment, etc.

I just wait and see it failing. I don´t see the fun in the game even if it gets released

No Man's Star Citizen

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

6 hours ago, Cheezdoodlez said:

When microtransactions in one game  costs more than everything you and your neighbor own. 

Fixed.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I highly recommend viewing the Cost Sunk Galaxy series about the history of Star Citizens crowd funding. The playlist is here: 

and currently has 8 videos to it, skip ahead to the 3rd video in the series to get to the actual meat though, the first two are just intro stuff. VERY educational on Star Citizen. It also makes sense that they'd be selling this $27,000 pack. 

15 hours ago, porina said:

Which will be finished first? Half Life 3 or Star Citizen?

Probably DayZ at this point.

17 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

In some parts of Europe that's enough to buy a fairly large and very decent house.

I need to know where! That’s barely a deposit in Ireland :(

Still though; SC always looked dodgy and now it feels full on Scam. My goodness; is it ever going to come out. Especially with all that feature creep.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

lol.

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!