Star Citizen Legatus Pack, every item in the game for $27,000

Master Disaster
20 minutes ago, Lathlaer said:

Check this out if you think this is crazy ;-)

https://gamehypermart.com/blog/top-10-expensive-virtual-items-sold

The EVE online I could somehow understand because the way it was described to me, EVE isn't just a game or hobby, it's a lifestyle. 

But that sword in a Chinese game that sold for $16k? ;-)

In a way it's less crazy since its one ultra rare item. In this case it's a gigantic amount of items that you'll never use anyway for a gigantic price, without even having the exclusivity...

So basically you don't even have the bragging rights..

7 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

There is a mod that rescales the solar system to rela scale.

It is called realism overhaul

Oh I know... but in SC you get to walk around the ship too... I got SkyWanderers just because it will (theoretically) allow me to put tiny details into any ship design. Though not real physics. :( So I can't have both (Space Engineers lags too much at times, and is limited to large scale designs).

I never considered SC to be a scam but this is changing my mind...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Does the bundle include a butler who plays the game for you?

Seriously, you can get real aircraft for that much money.

45 minutes ago, porina said:

Which will be finished first? Half Life 3 or Star Citizen?

Valve is just waiting for their marketplace to crash before releasing HL3 to renew interest in Steam. They even pushed Steam Greenlight in an attempt to hasten the crash and release HL3, but their competition is so lackluster that the marketplace was perfectly fine.

1 minute ago, Granular said:

In some parts of Europe that's enough to buy a fairly large and very decent house.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

4 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

In some parts of Europe that's enough to buy a fairly large and very decent house.

Donetsk People's Republic?

I suppose there is a few people who would do this on a whim. Not i lol

wait this game is still a thing?

did they finish it yet?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

14 minutes ago, Granular said:

Bulgaria, Bosnia, Serbia etc

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Star Citizen is a project that could have been saved, but that was several years ago. Now they're just trying to find as much money as possible, sinking it into an ever expanding sinkhole.

It's not a scam, just a failed project that has too much personal reputation tied up into by the principles. 

3 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Bulgaria, Bosnia, Serbia etc

Detroit, South Side of Chicago, Downtown Cleveland, Far northern Michiagn...you can find those kinds of places anywhere.

39 minutes ago, TechyBen said:

Oh I know... but in SC you get to walk around the ship too... I got SkyWanderers just because it will (theoretically) allow me to put tiny details into any ship design. Though not real physics. :( So I can't have both (Space Engineers lags too much at times, and is limited to large scale designs).

you underestimate how much ou can mod KSP if you think you cant get both tiny parts and real physics xD Ferrum Aerospace Reaserch mod is still alive and kicking i think, and then realism overhaul and a few others and there you go. you can build cities and shit even :D

28 minutes ago, Granular said:

oh yah i didnt even think about that but yah for that money you COULD get an ultralight or something lol

7 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

did they finish it yet?

no.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

This is just blatantly insulting at this point. You don't even get finished game... 

I like the ambition of the game and taking their time, I really want a next gen sci-fi MMO though. Played some and it feels and looks great. Much work to do still. 

But these packs, seriously?! 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

36 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

And in Switzerland it buys you a watch..

42 minutes ago, Granular said:

Even in the vast majority of America that sort of down payment would guarantee you a damned good house and in plenty of rural areas you're be looking at a 4 bedroom+ house easy.

Inb4 this only gets you all CURRENT ships/items but you still have to pay for anything "new" that is created just like everyone else xD

7 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Inb4 this only gets you all CURRENT ships/items but you still have to pay for anything "new" that is created just like everyone else xD

That's making the assumption the game ever comes out.

11 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

That's making the assumption the game ever comes out.

No I was talking about the way they have piecemealed everything else in the game.

Who actually thought this game was legit? Who thought supporting a studio for basically 100% I’d the cost of development was a good idea? 

This game has been getting “developed” for how many years now? And it’s not like it’s that impressive.....

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

It's one of those things where the devs charge a huge amount of money and hopes that just one person will buy it

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

2 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

Who actually thought this game was legit? Who thought supporting a studio for basically 100% I’d the cost of development was a good idea? 

This game has been getting “developed” for how many years now? And it’s not like it’s that impressive.....

It started in 2012, its only been 6 years, anyone expecting less then 5 year development time for a goal of this size was delusional. I still expect 2-3 years at this point if it will ever come out.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

25 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

It started in 2016, its only been 6 years, anyone expecting less then 5 year development time for a goal of this size was delusional. I still expect 2-3 years at this point if it will ever come out.

According to Wikipedia, development began in 2011.  A seven year development cycle is pretty long.

My Rig:

-i7 7700k @ 4.8 Ghz, delid

-ASRock Z270-ITX/ac mobo 

-16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V @ 3000Mhz

-RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+

-240 AIO, Celsius S24

-Crucial MX300 525GB, 2TB HDD

-Fractal Design Define Nano S

-650 80+ Gold semi modular from EVGA

-1080p 75Hz dell monitor