80% or 60% keyboard recommendations

Orochimario

My requirements are cherry mx blue switches and rgb and my price range is 0-300 cad.

I cant really find much so im wondering if anyone has some recommendations.

Im not sure what this signature thing is but it could use some RG

Coolermaster MasterKeys Pro S (which this is being typed on) is great. Solid build quality and RGB options up the wazoo.

If you just want backlit rather than RGB, the Deck Francium Pro 87 is the best keyboard I've ever owned but it only has "B" lighting. When mine died to a horrible coffee spilling accident I couldn't get another one for approximately 2 weeks (problem of living on the other side of the planet) and I couldn't go back to using a membrane keyboard so I bought the CM. I've been happy with it, but it isn't as good as the Deck.

I still use the K55, I've never used a Mechanical. I have like 10 of those Dell Keyboards still, even if I have used a mechanical, probably didn't realize it.

CPU i7-7700k 5.5GHz Delidded GPU MSI 1060 6GB ARMOR OCV1 +335/+1000 RAM 16GB 2x8 Corsair Vengeance WLED 2400/3000 C14 COOLER Corsair H100i v1 BOARD MSI Z270 SLI SSD Samsung 960 Evo 250G, x3 2T Samsung 860 Evo HDD WDB 4T, WDB 1T PSU EVGA 650GQ80+M CASE Cougar PanzerS                                                                           

CPU i7-10700k GPU MSI RTX 2080 Duke POS RAM 32GB 2x16 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 3200/3600 CL14 COOLER CM MasterLiquid ML360R RGB Push/Pull BOARD MSI MEG Z490 Ace SSD 980 Pro 500G, 860 Evo 1T PSU EVGA 1000P2 CASE Phanteks Enthoo Luxe TG Black

CPU Pentium G4600 GPU MSI GTX 1080 Armor OCV1 +100/+400 RAM 8GB 2x4 G.SKILL Aegis 2133/3000 CL16 COOLER Corsair H100i v1 BOARD MSI H110M Pro-VD-Plus SSD 860 Evo 1T HDD WDB 500G, WDB 1T PSU EVGA 430W Bronze CASE Deepcool Tesseract/ VIVO

SERVERS i5-3470, i5-3470, i5-4590 GPUS MSI 750Ti 4GB, BFG GTS 250 1GB, GTX 690 RAMS 3x 16GB 2x8 1866 C8 PSUS 2x EVGA 1000T2 COOLERS Stock, Stock, Custom Loop BOARDS Intel, Intel, EVGA Classified SSD x3 860 250G HDDS I don't care to list CASES Optiplex, Optiplex, 2000s Water Case

560HP/607TQ E85 198MPH2000 Audi S4 2.7Bi-Turbo with K04/RS6 Inlets SRM -  DAZ Tune - 2.8L N/A DOHC Heads  -APB Block - Mahle Pistions - JHM Racing H-beam Rods - TheTuner Manifolds - 3.5in to 3in Exhaust with Magnaflow Dual Box - Dual Titanium Exhaust Tips - SAI CNC Delete - S4 Modified Airbox - 85MM Maf- RS4 Intake Manifold p&p RS4 Y-pipe - RS4 Bi-pipes - RS4 Fuel Rail - A8 TTB - Billet Divertervalves - Silicone Hose Everything - SRMv4 Intercoolers - Clutch Fan Delete/Block off - Power Steering Light Pully - FluidAmper - Billet Cam gears - V8 Cam Bolts - ABS Relocate - VW Diesel Oil Pump

just go to your local computer tech shop and try the keyboards out. 

Best way to know if you will like the thing before buying, or if you like their general design like Corsair/logitech has going for themselves.

2 hours ago, HolaImBob said:

the guys over at r/MechanicalKeyboards will be able to help a lot. I'm using this right now and its pretty good.

Thanks for the suggestion ill go and ask over there too.

1 hour ago, Bcat00 said:

just go to your local computer tech shop and try the keyboards out. 

Best way to know if you will like the thing before buying, or if you like their general design like Corsair/logitech has going for themselves.

Im in a pretty small village with no stores like that sadly.

2 hours ago, Bob Wilson said:

Coolermaster MasterKeys Pro S (which this is being typed on) is great. Solid build quality and RGB options up the wazoo.

If you just want backlit rather than RGB, the Deck Francium Pro 87 is the best keyboard I've ever owned but it only has "B" lighting. When mine died to a horrible coffee spilling accident I couldn't get another one for approximately 2 weeks (problem of living on the other side of the planet) and I couldn't go back to using a membrane keyboard so I bought the CM. I've been happy with it, but it isn't as good as the Deck.

The masterkeys pro s looks very promising thanks for bringing it to my attention!

i recently purchased corsair k70. I think its much better than my previous deathstalker. (i know i know, its not fair to compare a mechanical with a membrane)

CPU: 8600k @4.9  (1.39v) |  Cooler: NH-U14s | Mobo: Asus Strix z390i | Ram: Gskill DDR4 Trident Z 3600 8GB x 2 16-16-16-36

GPU: Gigabyte G1 1080 GTX | Case: Prodigy ITX | Fans: NH-A14, (exhaust) NH-A12, (intake) NH-A20 (intake)

Samsung EVO 1tb | Samsung EVO 512gb x2 | Intel ssd 128gb

PSU: Powerstation 500W

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2018 at 7:52 AM, Srnewbee said:

i recently purchased corsair k70. I think its much better than my previous deathstalker. (i know i know, its not fair to compare a mechanical with a membrane)

Got a K70 Lux a while back and the clips that hold the wrist rest on are shocking quality and I've seen two brand new keyboards break even when handled well. The software is very unreliable and finicky and likes to suck up CPU time.

Would not recommend Corsair.

Grab a Ducky or something for this money, or a Chinese keyboard for a lot less

That's an F in the profile pic

22 hours ago, Froody129 said:

Got a K70 Lux a while back and the clips that hold the wrist rest on are shocking quality and I've seen two brand new keyboards break even when handled well. The software is very unreliable and finicky and likes to suck up CPU time.

Would not recommend Corsair.

Grab a Ducky or something for this money, or a Chinese keyboard for a lot less

wow really? well I do not agree with the palm rest. I think the palm rest are pretty sturdy. I guess yours was just defective. I do agree that the software is unreliable. iCUE sucks but the older software is okay if you tinker with it a bit. As for the CPU, I am not too sure that it uses much CPU. From my experience none. I guess ducky would be nice but sticking to big brand name is better simply due to warranty. A chinese keyboard is really shooting in the dark. I do not like Razer due to their poor QC. Corsair is okay perhaps not fantastic due to their crappy software. Ducky seems okay but I am afraid their warranty might suck. Buying a no name Chinese brand is pure gambling.

I guess the only logical choice is Corsair or ducky, at least from my limited experience.  

CPU: 8600k @4.9  (1.39v) |  Cooler: NH-U14s | Mobo: Asus Strix z390i | Ram: Gskill DDR4 Trident Z 3600 8GB x 2 16-16-16-36

GPU: Gigabyte G1 1080 GTX | Case: Prodigy ITX | Fans: NH-A14, (exhaust) NH-A12, (intake) NH-A20 (intake)

Samsung EVO 1tb | Samsung EVO 512gb x2 | Intel ssd 128gb

PSU: Powerstation 500W

On 6/17/2018 at 6:39 AM, RSX7 said:

I think I found one for you.

If you want different switches, you can even swap them out without de-soldering.

GK64 has a lot of issues sometimes. And the shift key is 2U, so custom caps become a lot harder to get. Also, the switches tend to pop out when pulling keycaps (this hotswap board specifically is the only one that does this). 

Watercooling Pro & Keyboard Enthusiast!

3 hours ago, Srnewbee said:

wow really? well I do not agree with the palm rest. I think the palm rest are pretty sturdy. I guess yours was just defective. I do agree that the software is unreliable. iCUE sucks but the older software is okay if you tinker with it a bit. As for the CPU, I am not too sure that it uses much CPU. From my experience none. I guess ducky would be nice but sticking to big brand name is better simply due to warranty. A chinese keyboard is really shooting in the dark. I do not like Razer due to their poor QC. Corsair is okay perhaps not fantastic due to their crappy software. Ducky seems okay but I am afraid their warranty might suck. Buying a no name Chinese brand is pure gambling.

I guess the only logical choice is Corsair or ducky, at least from my limited experience.  

You make good points here. My issue was that the whole keyboard is very sturdy, except for the actual clips that hold the very sturdy wrist rest on. Big let down for such an expensive keyboard. 

That's an F in the profile pic