Computer Shuts Down while playing Battle Field 4

Over the past couple of days my computer has begun to experience a "power loss" while playing Battle Field 4. At first i thought that it was because of my power supply so I upgraded to the HX850i. It wasn't the PSU I think. I got to thinking that it might be temperature so I ran a temperature monitoring software to check if it was temperature. The GPU hovered around 72 Celsius and the CPU stayed around 50 Celsius. I'm at a loss for what to do and how to solve this issue. Please help me.

Thanks!  

CPU | i7-4790K  GPU | MSI GTX 980ti  RAM | 16gb (4x4gb) Crucial PSU | Corsair HX850i  MotherBoard | Asus Maximus VII Hero Cooling | H110i  Storage | 1TB Samsung SSD 1TB Segate Hard Drive 256gb Crucial SSD (boot drive) 

8 minutes ago, TacticalPC said:

Over the past couple of days my computer has begun to experience a "power loss" while playing Battle Field 4. At first i thought that it was because of my power supply so I upgraded to the HX850i. It wasn't the PSU I think. I got to thinking that it might be temperature so I ran a temperature monitoring software to check if it was temperature. The GPU hovered around 72 Celsius and the CPU stayed around 50 Celsius. I'm at a loss for what to do and how to solve this issue. Please help me.

Thanks!  

Is your cpu overclocked? It could be that the cpu isn't getting enough power from the motherboard. This may be a voltage issue or a power delivery issue relating to the vrm.

Make sure multi-rail mode is turned off for that power supply (corsair link).  If you overclocked hard enough you can exceed the software-defined current limit on the virtual rails and it'll just click off.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Did you already check if your thermal paste is already dry?

On 5/27/2018 at 5:34 PM, Brooksie359 said:

Is your cpu overclocked? It could be that the cpu isn't getting enough power from the motherboard. This may be a voltage issue or a power delivery issue relating to the vrm.

My CPU is not overclocked. It does turbo boost though.

CPU | i7-4790K  GPU | MSI GTX 980ti  RAM | 16gb (4x4gb) Crucial PSU | Corsair HX850i  MotherBoard | Asus Maximus VII Hero Cooling | H110i  Storage | 1TB Samsung SSD 1TB Segate Hard Drive 256gb Crucial SSD (boot drive) 

On 5/27/2018 at 5:39 PM, AnonymousGuy said:

Make sure multi-rail mode is turned off for that power supply (corsair link).  If you overclocked hard enough you can exceed the software-defined current limit on the virtual rails and it'll just click off.

I have corsair link 4. How would I go about doing this?