i7 8700k or 2700x

Thanks guys, 

It's kind of a toss-up between the two, with gaming edge slightly favoring the 8700k, but productivity (depending on the specific workloads) leaning towards the 2700x.

You mentioned the iGPU of the 8700k which beats the ryzen in those kind of tasks! Then I'd probably go with 8700k!

Intel 8700K is slightly better at gaming and can overclock high. It is better at singlethreaded tasks.

AMD Ryzen 2700X is better at productivity and multithreaded workloads. It will perform better when streaming as it can encode faster. It should also perform better at other stuff like rendering.

Note that if you do go with the Ryzen, you should focus on getting a great motherboard like the ASUS Crosshair, and high speed RAM (3200MHz +) for best performance. RAM speed and timings affect Ryzen greatly (we’re talking 20% improvement with faster RAM here), while with Intel you can usually get away with slower RAM.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

7 minutes ago, Coolemad said:

Thanks guys, 

It's kind of a toss-up between the two, with gaming edge slightly favoring the 8700k, but productivity (depending on the specific workloads) leaning towards the 2700x.

You mentioned the iGPU of the 8700k which beats the ryzen in those kind of tasks! Then I'd probably go with 8700k!

The iGPU is only a factor in Adobe Premiere