Nest Cams are a BIG SCAM

jakkuh_t

Are we able to get the STLs for this project too? I literally built the same freaking thing a week ago, not kidding, but I wasn't able to design a good enough case for it so I'd love to use the ones you guys made here.

PS.: Now hire me huehue :^)

5b0b2671e269e_2018-05-2203_20.38-1.thumb.jpg.5acdef124cc910810a6df9c0c61e4f36.jpg

2018-05-22 03.20.48-1.jpg

2018-05-22 03.20.41.jpg

Just some random guy on the internet who happens to have an interest in computers and many other things.

|| Website: See profile || Twitter: @EpicLPer || YouTube: EpicLPer || Discord: EpicLPer#0001 || Steam: EpicLPer || Twitch: EpicLPer || ... and many more!

15 hours ago, jakkuh_t said:

Say goodbye to expensive Nest Cam subscriptions with your own DIY WiFi security cameras.

Buy Raspberry Pi's:
On Amazon: http://geni.us/GV0C
On Newegg: http://geni.us/Xq0M

Buy Pi Cameras:
On Amazon: http://geni.us/g15PwOT
On Newegg: http://geni.us/b2FOm4h

Use hassio to be able to view your cameras on iOS or android. It also it’s a really good way to automate your house

3 hours ago, samcool55 said:

Umm, 2 things.

I can't watch the embedded video (playback has been disabled by the video owner? O_o)

And the link to the guide is broken.

But it was actually surprisingly interesting. Can you guys insert a table or something with a breakdown of all the parts and how much they cost? It sounds a lot cheaper than a nest but i have no clue how much it actually costs :/

Fixed, sorry man.

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

3 hours ago, Razor512 said:

I basically do 24/7 recording at 1080p 30FPS with motion highlights, thus if a motion event takes place but it does not quite catch everything, I can scrub through the footage.

What's you're average file size?

400-500MB per hour per camera.

Since I use VBR, the data rate is not too high when not much is going on in the frame.

There is a lot of flexibility in managing your storage.

One good site that can help you to calculate how much storage you need, is http://www.axis.com/en/products/video/design_tool/v2/

In the settings, set it to 30 days, and for the camera pick any that does 1080p, and pick h.264 and 30FPS.

Though you will be fine with even a 4TB hard drive, and as you add more cameras, you can add additional storage when you get a good sale.

My subscriptions page (not front page) isnt showing this video. Anyone know what is happening?

Capture.PNG

Has anyone gotten the video in the sub box? I know people have been complaining of YouTube failing to deliver videos to sub boxes before, but it is quite possible that whoever published the video accidentally unchecked the box that says to deliver the video to the subscribers' sub boxes.

I mean, LTT has accidentally copyright striked itself in the past, mistakes happen 9_9

5 minutes ago, hui said:

Has anyone gotten the video in the sub box? I know people have been complaining of YouTube failing to deliver videos to sub boxes before, but it is quite possible that whoever published the video accidentally unchecked the box that says to deliver the video to the subscribers' sub boxes.

I mean, LTT has accidentally copyright striked itself in the past, mistakes happen 9_9

The last video from LTT that is in my subscription list is the one labeled "Did Razer screw up?? - Blade 2018 Classic Unboxing"

The WAN show  and the 12 kilometer WiFi video also did not show up.

Screenshot from the time when the video was uploaded.

PsUCxwl.png

3 minutes ago, Razor512 said:

The last video from LTT that is in my subscription list is the one labeled "Did Razer screw up?? - Blade 2018 Classic Unboxing"

The WAN show  and the 12 kilometer WiFi video also did not show up.

Yeah there's a bunch of evidence that people aren't getting notifications. I am more interested to find people who have gotten the video.

They may have very well did not let it show up in the subscriptions because it seems like too many in a row not seeing this specific video.

Though on youtube, I mainly look at my subscription feed and watch the latest stuff.

For many channels I subscribe to, some videos will never show up, thus I have to sometimes check their channel with it seems like they have not uploaded anything in a while.

With the exception of the cam video, the ones in this image with no red line under them are ones that are nowhere to be found in my subscription feed (for the WAN show, I have been watching it live lately and used the youtube link to catch up on parts that I missed): https://i.imgur.com/IM0OFGJ.png

The 12K WiFi one, I watched after checking their videos page, and am now catching up on videos I missed.

Yep, the video is missing for me as well.

this didn't appear in my youtube sub feed either.

This didn't appear in my youtube sub feed either and I took a video as proof just in case people thought I was crazy. Sure I wear a foil hat to keep the government from knowing my exact location but I swear Im not going crazy. Im not sure if I can post it here if you wanna see it let me know.

You can buy a full moving infrared HD 1080p network camera that is still cheaper than 1/4 of the nest camera. Though setup would probably be more complicated.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

hmm how does the Image look when there are just Street lights outside?

From AT. :x