School Shooting game on steam

spartaman64
Just now, Jito463 said:

You asked how it was different, not how it was the same.

Yes, the difference is what you said but the point is that you end up doing the same stuff anyway so there is no point for people to be outraged about this at all since its just a game anyway. Just put a 16+ / 18+ age tag on it and call it a day.

3 minutes ago, WereCat said:

the point is that you end up doing the same stuff anyway

So if, in real life, soldiers happen to have a shootout inside a school building with enemy combatants, that's exactly the same as a school shooting?  In PUGB, everyone is there to fight with each other.  In this game, one person is there to shoot other unarmed people arbitrarily without their consent.

Your attempts at moral equivalence is confusing to me.  I'm not sure what point you think you're making, but it's not working.

1 minute ago, Jito463 said:

So if, in real life, soldiers happen to have a shootout inside a school building with enemy combatants, that's exactly the same as a school shooting?  In PUGB, everyone is there to fight with each other.  In this game, one person is there to shoot other unarmed people arbitrarily without their consent.

Your attempts at moral equivalence is confusing to me.  I'm not sure what point you think you're making, but it's not working.

My point is... its a game, do whatever the hell you want. You never killed pedestrians in GTA V just because?

I dont understand your point with comparing game to a real life shootout either.

Maybe they shouldn't go through a shit service like Steam and release it DRM free so they don't get censored. I think a school shooting game would be fun, I've played a Columbine map on Gmod and that was fun.

You never killed pedestrians in GTA V just because?

I never played GTA V, period.

I dont understand your point with comparing game to a real life shootout either.

I was trying to make a comparison, that just because both incidents involve shooting in a school, doesn't make them equivalent in action or deed.

At the end of the day its only a game. If it causes someone do try it in real life then they aren't mentally there or have not been taught basic morals from their parents at a young age.

Enough said.

Just now, Voids said:

At the end of the day its only a game.

One done in horribly poor taste.

1 minute ago, Voids said:

If it causes someone do try it in real life then they aren't mentally there or have not been taught basic morals from their parents at a young age.

Agreed, except that's a straw man.  No one is arguing that this game will lead anyone to shoot up a school, the question is whether it deserves to be on a platform like Steam.

I have to ask (not just you, but everyone defending this): if this was a game involving KKK members - whose purpose was to terrorize and kill blacks - would that be okay because it's "just a game"?  Should it be sold on Steam because it's "just a game"?  It's only digital, not real life, so what's the big deal?

17 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

if this was a game involving KKK members - whose purpose was to terrorize and kill blacks - would that be okay because it's "just a game"?  Should it be sold on Steam because it's "just a game"?  It's only digital, not real life, so what's the big deal?

Yes, it would be okay. It sounds like a refreshing take on gaming with a new atmosphere. As if it should be sold on Steam is entirely up to Valve and I don't see how I could answer that.

3 hours ago, Jito463 said:

I never played GTA V, period.

I was trying to make a comparison, that just because both incidents involve shooting in a school, doesn't make them equivalent in action or deed.

in csgo you can blow up a nuclear power plant and take hostages

First the game hatred now this. My opinion is meh who cares. It's like if someone made a migrant rapist simulator game. It's bad taste but ultimately it's just a game, a game with bad taste. 

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

5b0bd62805de5_Screenshot2018-05-2812_12_04.png.003c4ef1b628677920557297cf42e8c4.png

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

5 minutes ago, matrix07012 said:

5b0bd62805de5_Screenshot2018-05-2812_12_04.png.003c4ef1b628677920557297cf42e8c4.png

“Dating sim”

so that is what they do on a date?!?!

Talking about aggression in a relationship

I’ve been doing it all wrong all this time!

;-)

The developer has a history of making high quality games. /s

5b0bd9bd01bb7_Screenshot2018-05-2812_26_35.png.7dd4ae8a3cf46f079bffe1d3d67b3edf.png

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

18 hours ago, WereCat said:

Yes, the difference is what you said but the point is that you end up doing the same stuff anyway so there is no point for people to be outraged about this at all since its just a game anyway. Just put a 16+ / 18+ age tag on it and call it a day.

Except people generally don't look at the ratings that much, look at home many people under the age of 18 or even 16 play COD and Battlefield. Those games mainly are alright for younger people while this games is a completely separate league - the aim of the game is to senselessly murder innocent people. Sure you can do that in other games such as GTA but GTA is not advertising that you should mow down innocent people.

where exactly is the line? there gonna be a strangling babies game next?rape game? where does the line get drawn...i'm curious...

Bolivia.

I hate it when a marketing campaign gets made first, then the game is a distant afterthought.

Because this type of game goes back to at least Postal in fucking 1997 if not further back.

-------

Current Rig

-------

It's not an easy issue to tackle. Few things to consider:

1) As hard and brutal as it may sound, the probability of a school shooting in the USA is always approaching 1. There were so many of them that it would be foolish not to expect another one until the end of the year. It's horrible and I hope I'm wrong but this is the reality.

2) Seeing as school shootings are currently a front page topic in general, imagine what will happen if the FBI finds this game on the next shooter's computer. Government agencies have been itching to blame video games for the violence in real world for some time now. No amount of published papers that there is no correlation will help the gaming industry if they find a school shooting game on a school shooter's computer.

I don't believe that the game might be a reason for someone to commit a mass murder but the appearances matter here as well.

3) The debate of free speech vs. morality of such a game needs to take into account the realism. For those interested, watch a movie called "Deliberate Intent" or just read a wiki page of a book called Hit Man: A Technical Manual for Independent Contractors.

What does it have to do with the game? It depends on whether the game realism portrays real world scenarios that could actually instruct a potential school shooter on how to go about the deed efficiently. The way I understand it, there are certain procedures and protocols in place that are being taught and trained in order to minimalize the casualties in such scenarios. If the game puts you in a school shooter position and is realistic about those techniques, it might as well be a guidebook on how to commit a mass murder and potentially defend yourself against a SWAT team.

Then again, I don't think the Anarchist Cookbook is banned in USA so it could go either way. 

In the end, I think the game is in bad taste and might give the industry more potential problems than it's worth it. It was a poor judgement from the developers side and short sightedness from Valve's for allowing it on Steam. 

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

"Remember, no Russian"

Point made and dismissed

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

23 hours ago, Jito463 said:

One done in horribly poor taste.

Agreed, except that's a straw man.  No one is arguing that this game will lead anyone to shoot up a school, the question is whether it deserves to be on a platform like Steam.

I have to ask (not just you, but everyone defending this): if this was a game involving KKK members - whose purpose was to terrorize and kill blacks - would that be okay because it's "just a game"?  Should it be sold on Steam because it's "just a game"?  It's only digital, not real life, so what's the big deal?

If someone made it a game by all means that's fine. Would I play it? Probably not. Does that mean I shouldn't allow others have a go at it? No. 

If a game was made about anything with a bad moral compass then so be it. Yes it would be okay of it was a game, because at the end of the day my first post in this thread still stands. It is a game, nothing more, nothing less. 

GTA literally makes you a mass murderer, killing people in many different and brutal ways. So what, its a game.

On 5/27/2018 at 9:50 PM, Canada EH said:

its no different then any other shooting game

cant blame no games for USA's problems

I don't think people here are blaming games for the problem. Just asking the question whether such games are suitable for the US audience.

4 minutes ago, Humbug said:

Just asking the question whether such games are suitable for the US audience.

Or any audience in general.

there is a difference between being allowed to make such content compared to it being appropriate.

Might get a copy for the keks. 

If MP is implemented right it might not be that bad.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

On 5/26/2018 at 1:29 PM, RKRiley said:

implying children/young people

Tell it to D.va

It's just a game, I have no problem with it. Look at the game called HATRED, in which you play a mass murderer.

Hopefully this games brings more attention on gun control.

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 6:29 PM, RKRiley said:

It's in a school, implying children/young people.

COD, CS:GO etc don't have you going around shooting children, do they?

it only shows teachers, and do you not remember 'No Russian'