Computer crash while playing, I don't know where it from...

Crowzer

Hello.

Since I bought my new Ryzen 2700X build, full specifications in the profil page; sometime my computer crashs/freezes under heavy loads, like games or C15. It not happens all the time and I can play days without any issues.
But last time was yesterday night. So I check the Windows 10 event viewer and it said I had a critical error with Kernel-Power 41 (63), I haven't checked before.

My suppositon it that the PSU is guilty. I know, according to tier list and members, that my PSU is not quite good.

I already posted an another issue that might be also related to PSU.  linustechtips.com/main/topic/928331-issue-with-aio-cooling-and-fans-rotation-speed

Before changing my PSU to a new one (I'll go this time with the Straight Power 11), I would like to know your opinion about the crashs.

Alright, sorry for a late post but this is what I would do. Go on a website that is a Power Supply calculator and put in your PC specs. Make sure your PC can power your PC under full load. Next I would make sure all of your power supply cables leading to your motherboard are fully secured to the sockets. Next, can you see if your power supply is at least 80+ certified? It dosent really equate to this issue, but it will say if the PSU is a quality power supply.

@useffff

Thank for your reply.

Actually it wasn't the PSU fault. Because I bought a new one, the Straight Power 11 (the 850W one was on a good discount :D) a couple days ago and I just got a freeze in a game right now. I triple check the cables and make sure everything is well put. But even that, same freeze.

The Kernel-Power thing is actually because I had to turn off the PSU to reboot my PC during a freeze. :D

But now I honestly don't know where is come from. Everything is new except the GPU, SSD and AiO.

Someone said it might be from my RAM ( G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200 C14 1.35V). I put these XMP timings on the MB but I raised the Dram Voltage to 1.4V and SOC from AUTO to 1.125V. Let's see if freezes happen again.

I also suspect the AiO from my other thread. linustechtips.com/main/topic/928331-issue-with-aio-cooling-and-fans-rotation-speed

But temps are good with HWiNFO during idle and full charge. And because I set AiO fans to manually it seems to works.

5 hours ago, Crowzer said:

@useffff

Thank for your reply.

Actually it wasn't the PSU fault. Because I bought a new one, the Straight Power 11 (the 850W one was on a good discount :D) a couple days ago and I just got a freeze in a game right now. I triple check the cables and make sure everything is well put. But even that, same freeze.

The Kernel-Power thing is actually because I had to turn off the PSU to reboot my PC during a freeze. :D

But now I honestly don't know where is come from. Everything is new except the GPU, SSD and AiO.

Someone said it might be from my RAM ( G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200 C14 1.35V). I put these XMP timings on the MB but I raised the Dram Voltage to 1.4V and SOC from AUTO to 1.125V. Let's see if freezes happen again.

I also suspect the AiO from my other thread. linustechtips.com/main/topic/928331-issue-with-aio-cooling-and-fans-rotation-speed

But temps are good with HWiNFO during idle and full charge. And because I set AiO fans to manually it seems to works.

I would get rid of any sort of overclock that you have on your components. So the ram, CPU, and GPU. Only if you applied it though, if it was shipped to you that way from the store, thin I would assume its fine. If that dosent solve anything, im out of ideas

The GPU isn't overclocked. About the CPU, overclocked only from XFR2 and PB2.

For the RAM, it's set with XMP values timings. I did'nt select XMP, I put timings manually.