Shipping PC Need help!

JHY

Our family's gonna move to a new place soon, and I wanna know how I can transport my custom pc safely.

I will probably ship it to the new home, and I want to know which material I need to fill inside the pc that the components would not bend(GPU and such).

Also, do I have to unplug any cables inside? If so, which one?

I will upload pictures of my pc if necessary.(both cpu and gpu is watercooled which I don't want to disassemble and reassemble.)

Here is what i would do as i just did this. I took apart my custom loop tubing and drained it. I put a thick strong piece of Styrofoam from the cases packaging and put that under the gpu so it cant bend and crack the PCB easily. Alternatively you can just take out the GPU. As for everything else you should be generally safe but you can put stuff like air pocket pack stuff, a ton of bubble wrap, etc. i would ship it in your box from the case. 

Definitely make sure if it's on a cooling loop to drain the coolant. Last thing you need is to send hazardous material through mail without them knowing. Make sure they know 100% of what is in it and make SUUUUURE you know their PACKAGING REQUIREMENTS. I had someone ship a car part, with bubble wrap everywhere, practically crated, secured & they wouldn't cover a broken cam shaft crank because "packing peanuts" weren't in it. 

Also i would make sure to insure it. also wanted to add to ship it either UPS and Fedex. I would also say try and take stuff out you can take on the plane with you. If the PC is under 50 pounds its way cheaper to ship it.

9 minutes ago, Dreaper said:

5 minutes ago, OverC1ockeD said:

Thanks for letting me know!

2 hours ago, Dreaper said:

Here is what i would do as i just did this. I took apart my custom loop tubing and drained it. I put a thick strong piece of Styrofoam from the cases packaging and put that under the gpu so it cant bend and crack the PCB easily. Alternatively you can just take out the GPU. As for everything else you should be generally safe but you can put stuff like air pocket pack stuff, a ton of bubble wrap, etc. i would ship it in your box from the case. 

If you’re doing the effort of disassembling the water loop and draining it, you might as well also remove the graphics card. Compared to the water loop, that’s done in a few seconds without any hassle.

Since you have a custom loop, I also assume that you have a window. If it’s  tempered glass, you could remove that side panel and ship it seperately to avoid it shattering during transport.

And finally: bubble wrap is your friend (and cheap compared to your computer).

Good luck :-)