is this normal in windows 10 April update?

Yongtjunkit

hi, I was wondering if this is normal when the windows update ask you to restart your computer and this shows up

I'm running windows 10 home and not opted in for windows insider program

5b08c730483c8_Screenshot(61).png.4821bf6c5d7eac5483f8527b42c1bdd3.png

This happens if you are logged into a school or work account for email or something (Don't cite me on this). IDK how to fix, I just did a full pc reset because I needed to anyway.

Possibilities:

• You used a system tweak tool to do stuff to Windows, and it did stuff to Windows Update with or without your knowledge. Did you install  some software to try to (doesn't really work) disable telemetry data, or disable other stuff?
  • If you go to: Settings > Accounts > E-Mail & Accounts, you have somewhere your school, work, or company e-mail. If so, select it, and remove it. Restart your computer after.

6 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Possibilities:

• You used a system tweak tool to do stuff to Windows, and it did stuff to Windows Update with or without your knowledge. Did you install  some software to try to (doesn't really work) disable telemetry data, or disable other stuff?
  • If you go to: Settings > Accounts > E-Mail & Accounts, you have somewhere your school, work, or company e-mail. If so, select it, and remove it. Restart your computer after.

1. I don't use any tweak tool to modify windows.

2. All of them were my personal account 

4 hours ago, Yongtjunkit said:

1. I don't use any tweak tool to modify windows.

2. All of them were my personal account 

6 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Possibilities:

Is there by any chance of fixing it without reinstall windows?

Did an upgrade from windows 10 fall creator update to windows 10 April update via iso with keep all files, settings, program 

15 minutes ago, Yongtjunkit said:

Is there by any chance of fixing it without reinstall windows?

Did an upgrade from windows 10 fall creator update to windows 10 April update via iso with keep all files, settings, program 

Go to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & diagnostics.

And set Diagnostic and usage data to Full (it can be Basic, but I want Windows to change the registry values to whatever is wrong to the correct ones)

Then open the registry editor (regedit)

Then navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows

Look for a folder (key) called "Windows Update" on the left side navigation pane. right-click on it , and pick "Delete".

Then restart your system

And try Windows Update again.

4 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Go to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & diagnostics.

And set Diagnostic and usage data to Full (it can be Basic, but I want Windows to change the registry values to whatever is wrong to the correct ones)

Then open the registry editor (regedit)

Then navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows

Look for a folder (key) called "Windows Update" on the left side navigation pane. right-click on it , and pick "Delete".

Then restart your system

And try Windows Update again.

can't seem to find windows update in the directory but i can find it at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\

the "some settings are managed by your organisation" message now seems to disappear from windows update without doing any changes basically restart to install update. sounds weird

1 hour ago, Yongtjunkit said:

can't seem to find windows update in the directory but i can find it at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\

Excellent! That is what you want.

1 hour ago, Yongtjunkit said:

the "some settings are managed by your organisation" message now seems to disappear from windows update without doing any changes basically restart to install update. sounds weird

Great!