Exahust aio in H500P Mesh

Hey guys, new here and have built lots of systems in the past. For some reason in the particular case Cooler Master H500P Mesh my cpu with my AIO set up as an exhaust is way high. No mater where I put the cool whether its in the front as an intake or on the top or back as an exhaust my CPU still idles about 50 and under load can hit up to 72 C. Anyone have any idea how/why in this case it would do that? If so any way to fix it??

Is the temperature as bad in other cases, or is this H500PM specific?

120/140mm AIOs are generally less efficient than 240/280/360 AIOs.

Push/pull config could help.

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

Yea my last case I had was the Nzxt s340 and under load it sat around 42 C and idled about 33 C

22 hours ago, Stadtler said:

Yea my last case I had was the Nzxt s340 and under load it sat around 42 C and idled about 33 C

Could be a bad thermal pasta application/something like that. That's quite extreme.

Also, if you don't quote people, they won't get notified that you replied to their comment :) Welcome BTW!

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

23 hours ago, Stadtler said:

Hey guys, new here and have built lots of systems in the past. For some reason in the particular case Cooler Master H500P Mesh my cpu with my AIO set up as an exhaust is way high. No mater where I put the cool whether its in the front as an intake or on the top or back as an exhaust my CPU still idles about 50 and under load can hit up to 72 C. Anyone have any idea how/why in this case it would do that? If so any way to fix it??

Being that you have a fairly high idle temp it's usually due to a poor contact pressure try remounting the block and tightening the bolts in a cross pattern to ensure it's even. 

@W-L @chckovsky Awesome thanks guys! I reapplied the thermal paste and made sure it had good contact idle is around 40 now and under load high 50's. Thanks for the help and the welcome :)