Can i sync the lighting with my mobo on the Phanteks P350x with an adapter ?

Go to solution Solved by W-L,
11 hours ago, CrazyKilla said:

Well they have 3 pins but phanteks sells a 3 to 4 pin adapter so you can sync the lighting with Asus Aura and Msi but they didn‘t mention rgb fusion that‘s why i‘m wondering if it works with my mobo if i use the adapter because I‘ve heard that people did something like this with the P400S I think.

If your referring to this adapter it's not 3 pin it's a 4 pin to 4 pin connection that just changes the connector type. The P400S uses regular 4 pin analog RGB, double check your case to see if it's 4 pin. If it's 3 pin addressable RGB it will not work. 

http://phanteks.com/PH-CB_RGB4P.html

So I‘m planning to buy the Phanteks 350x and I have a Gigabyte AB 350 Gaming 3 mobo  but after watching some videos on youtube I noticed that the bottom rgb on the PSU shroud has a 3 pin connector and all the other rgb LEDs so my question is can I sync all the lighting with my mobo using rgb fusion if i use the 3 to 4 pin adapter from Phanteks ?

17 minutes ago, CrazyKilla said:

So I‘m planning to buy the Phanteks 350x and I have a Gigabyte AB 350 Gaming 3 mobo  but after watching some videos on youtube I noticed that the bottom rgb on the PSU shroud has a 3 pin connector and all the other rgb LEDs so my question is can I sync all the lighting with my mobo using rgb fusion if i use the 3 to 4 pin adapter from Phanteks ?

It depends what LED's their using, if it's standard analog RGB lights it will be a 4 pin connector and will work with the motherboard, but if they are using addressable RGB type LED's then it will not be able to work.

Do you have details of the LED's and connector? 

-Moved to Modding Section- 

10 hours ago, W-L said:

It depends what LED's their using, if it's standard analog RGB lights it will be a 4 pin connector and will work with the motherboard, but if they are using addressable RGB type LED's then it will not be able to work.

Do you have details of the LED's and connector? 

-Moved to Modding Section- 

Well they have 3 pins but phanteks sells a 3 to 4 pin adapter so you can sync the lighting with Asus Aura and Msi but they didn‘t mention rgb fusion that‘s why i‘m wondering if it works with my mobo if i use the adapter because I‘ve heard that people did something like this with the P400S I think.

Yes You Can.
I used This Method Few Times For Client Build And it Works Flawlessly 

1 hour ago, Venomods said:

Yes You Can.
I used This Method Few Times For Client Build And it Works Flawlessly 

So you just used the adapter and plugged it in ? Is there nothing special that has to be done ? I can just control it with the rgb software just like any other rgb device ?

If your referring to this adapter it's not 3 pin it's a 4 pin to 4 pin connection that just changes the connector type. The P400S uses regular 4 pin analog RGB, double check your case to see if it's 4 pin. If it's 3 pin addressable RGB it will not work. 

So you just used the adapter and plugged it in ? Is there nothing special that has to be done ? I can just control it with the rgb software just like any other rgb device ?

Yup
I Live in India and we have almost every type of connector/adapter available here.
so i generally use 3 pin to 4 pin local make adapter (1USD for 2 Adapters9_9)
and it Work Awesome..
nothing special

7 hours ago, W-L said:

In that case I'll just get the Cooler Master H500p Mesh with some rgb fans (might also get Deepcool Captain 240 or 360 ex RGB) and it will all be compatible with rgb fusion without any problems