CPU Spikes after clearing CMOS

Hi. So here's the deal, My pc was working fine, I turn it off normally, I go to sleep, I try to turn it on the next morning and I'm greeted with a black screen. I try to enter BIOS, but it's not responding to any key, so I switch to BIOS2 and everything is working fine. I switch back to BIOS1, open the case and see that DRAM red LED is on, and it shows number 14 (Pre-memory CPU instalization is started) on debug LEDs. so I clear the CMOS, I manage to enter the BIOS1 this time, I load the old BIOS profile, save and exit, and I finally see the Windows logo on my screen. I check the RAM, the CPU, GPU, everything shows up fine, all the temps, all the voltages.

HOWEVER, now when I play Battlefield 1 whenever there are a lot of players clustered together and lot of explosions my in-game CPU graph becomes tachycardic, spikes go all over the place, FPS drops to 30, a lot of shuttering, even freezes for a second... It's unplayable. None of that ever happened before I had to clear CMOS. I tried running default BIOS profile but It didn't help, tried turning off hyer-threading, tried using two of each RAM sticks in different slots, nothing worked. I'm running out of ideas. Any help is much appreciated.
There was a thunderstorm the night before the black screen, but all of the circuit breakers remained on, and I have lightning and surge protection outlets. Maybe I missed some BIOS setting, or maybe there is some PSU,CPU or RAM damage, I don't know...

Motherboard: Rampage IV Extreme
CPU: i7-3930K @ 3.20GHz (3.8Ghz in turbo mode)
RAM: 4x4GB HyperX Beast
GPU: GTX 1080 Strix
SDD: Samsung 840 EVO
PSU: CM Silent Pro 1000W

Note: CPU is OCed to 4.2GHz on BIOS1 and RAM is 1833Mhz

@Bili-Piton

Do these issues happen on Bios2 as well, or have you only used Bios2 to recover/reset your original bios once these issues began happening?

When I read your title the first thing I thought was that your fan curves might have been set to way too anaemic a profile, causing overheating etc, but from reading your post it sounds like something more.

Reseat the ram, as the dram led was lit. That might help, but we would need to know if this also happens on bios 2, as this might just mean the first bios chip is faulty or the bios on it is corrupt.

2 hours ago, Tabs said:

@Bili-Piton

Do these issues happen on Bios2 as well, or have you only used Bios2 to recover/reset your original bios once these issues began happening?

When I read your title the first thing I thought was that your fan curves might have been set to way too anaemic a profile, causing overheating etc, but from reading your post it sounds like something more.

Ok, I just tested it on BIOS2 with default profile and it's completely the same, in-game CPU graph goes nuts and fps drops, but CPU usage didn't go over 65%, when I turn off hyper-threading CPU usage goes to 100% which is to be expected, but everything is basically the same.

2 hours ago, Docretier said:

Reseat the ram, as the dram led was lit. That might help, but we would need to know if this also happens on bios 2, as this might just mean the first bios chip is faulty or the bios on it is corrupt.

The DRAM LED turned off after I cleared CMOS, but I did try to run default RAM settings if that's what you mean by resetting it?

The in-game graph is pretty steady, only occasional spike here and there, and game works normal until there are a lot of players in one place, or a lot of destruction,or building collapses... that's  when the graph goes nuts.
I'm starting to think that CPU doesn't get enough power from the PSU, cause temps didn't go over 55C and I'm using Nepton 240M watercooling. Maybe it has to do something with the pump, but what do I know.

02.jpg.5a9b093477eadc12a48fdfda790a3209.jpg

01.jpg.e753911f07b52baa19292c31db65b46a.jpg

36 minutes ago, Bili-Piton said:

Ok, I just tested it on BIOS2 with default profile and it's completely the same, in-game CPU graph goes nuts and fps drops, but CPU usage didn't go over 65%, when I turn off hyper-threading CPU usage goes to 100% which is to be expected, but everything is basically the same.

The DRAM LED turned off after I cleared CMOS, but I did try to run default RAM settings if that's what you mean by resetting it?

The in-game graph is pretty steady, only occasional spike here and there, and game works normal until there are a lot of players in one place, or a lot of destruction,or building collapses... that's  when the graph goes nuts.
I'm starting to think that CPU doesn't get enough power from the PSU, cause temps didn't go over 55C and I'm using Nepton 240M watercooling. Maybe it has to do something with the pump, but what do I know.

02.jpg.5a9b093477eadc12a48fdfda790a3209.jpg

01.jpg.e753911f07b52baa19292c31db65b46a.jpg

Those temps aren’t bad, so thermal throttling isn’t an issue. Reseating a piece of hardware is when you take it out of the system and put it back in. This ensures that if any contact pins were somehow moved and not making contact, they are put back into position. While I’m thinking that’s not the issue, it might be worth it to try.

I did that too. "tried using two of each RAM sticks in different slots, nothing worked."

38 minutes ago, Bili-Piton said:

I did that too. "tried using two of each RAM sticks in different slots, nothing worked."

I’m no professional, so take what is say with a grain of salt, but I think the problem isn’t with the cpu. Those spikes are normal afaik, as it has different loads at different times. But it isn’t reaching 100%, so I don’t think that’s the issue. If it were the power supply you would be experiencing other problems aside from lost performance in game. I think the problem lies somewhere in the realm of the gpu. Have you updated your drivers recently?

26 minutes ago, Docretier said:

I’m no professional, so take what is say with a grain of salt, but I think the problem isn’t with the cpu. Those spikes are normal afaik, as it has different loads at different times. But it isn’t reaching 100%, so I don’t think that’s the issue. If it were the power supply you would be experiencing other problems aside from lost performance in game. I think the problem lies somewhere in the realm of the gpu. Have you updated your drivers recently?

Did the clean install of the newest Nvidia drivers today. GPU graph is same as before, but this kind of CPU spiking is new. GPU temps also never went above 50C even when benchmarking. 1080 Strix has a hell of a cooling. I still think it's either CPU or RAM. I didn't change CPU paste in two years, maybe that could cause instability. I don't know what caused black screen in the first place. I need Dr House for computers

39 minutes ago, Bili-Piton said:

Did the clean install of the newest Nvidia drivers today. GPU graph is same as before, but this kind of CPU spiking is new. GPU temps also never went above 50C even when benchmarking. 1080 Strix has a hell of a cooling. I still think it's either CPU or RAM. I didn't change CPU paste in two years, maybe that could cause instability. I don't know what caused black screen in the first place. I need Dr House for computers

Cpu paste is for thermals, your paste is fine as long as you are below the max temp. It would seem as though the max temp for 66°c, so you should be fine.  

Here's the video form the actual game, FPS looks better here cause it's lower resolution but 60fps feels like 20. Watch the video from 2:20 Take notice of how cpu spikes come and go. Very strange.