Apple knew the iPhone 6 would bend before they released the product

Master Disaster
2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Since Apple is all too eager to drop the blame on their customers, I think it's perfectly fair.

sounds like a certain statement from a certain company that involved a program starting with a G and ending with two Ps

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

that is very true. unless the screen works ant the ribbon cable is still attached. the phone should still function then, it is just disassembled. aaaaand un-usable in any common daily task as a daily driver.......

Long story short it's not surprising there aren't THAT many videos of this

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

6 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Long story short it's not surprising there aren't THAT many videos of this

how many videos were there of the Samsung Note 8 Note 7 self-igniting? it is a similar incident (sort of), but handled quite a bit better. 

Just now, GoldenLag said:

how many videos were there of the Samsung Note 8 self-igniting?

Who would film their phone 24/7, just because there is a minescule chance of it self igniting?

Also note 7.

And who would film putting their phone in the back pocket every time they do it, just because it may bend once?

There are some things, especially which happen accidentaly, which are pretty impossible to film.

15 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Oh boy, you really let them take you for a ride don't you.

No, Apple claimed the amount of bent iPhones was 9 and then someoe posted a picture of 300 bent iPhones (more correctly 300 pictures), obviously Apple didn't respond and went very quiet after that happened.

Ok so 300, of which maybe half were done on purpose?

Even 300 out of a million is 0.03 percent.

Idk how many were sold, or how many were bent, but it was definitely far less of an issue than it actually was made to be, as with most things on the internet.

14 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Can't film your own phone if you don't have a dedicated camera...

Use a second/old phone? Or a friend/family member's? Or the new one you just bought to replace it because you know you'll get that money back from youtube videos?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

Use a second/old phone? Or a friend/family member's? Or the new one you just bought to replace it because you know you'll get that money back from youtube videos?

Or maybe don't bother because unless you're unbox therapy you won't make any ad money?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

Also note 7.

ah srry. for some reason Note 8 was the thing i remembered. (though i felt it wasnt entirely correct)

3 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

And who would film putting their phone in the back pocket every time they do it, just because it may bend once?

the point isnt that you have to have it on camera, but the fact that it happens alone should be acknowledged. something certain companies (not only apple) handles very badly

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

something certain companies (not only apple) handles very badly

That is true

12 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

Who would film their phone 24/7, just because there is a minescule chance of it self igniting?

who would recall an entire phone model due to a minescule chance of ignition?

who would put together a late extended warranty program for a phone they allready knew was prone to the certain issue?

some handles things better than others. and i am aware ignition is a lot worse than the phone taking the shape of your butt

5b07c83f9cbbd_Image002.jpg.2429a2b9eeb1f1684608d78aca9d1b53.jpg

Apple knew their iphone 6. Their.

5b07c8418be71_Image003.jpg.64e5a6f66dd8b7629188c54f449f2800.jpg

If your names not down, you are not coming in. *You're

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

20 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Ok so 300, of which maybe half were done on purpose?

Even 300 out of a million is 0.03 percent.

Idk how many were sold, or how many were bent, but it was definitely far less of an issue than it actually was made to be, as with most things on the internet.

Not everyone who was affected by the flaw uploaded youtube videos about it or sent it on social media, many would just try bend it back and leave the issue. This would mean that the majority of people will never be counted as part of this "300", the real number will be much higher.

1 minute ago, mrchow19910319 said:

if it is widely understood it will eventually be incorperated into the language, because thats how language works. Regardless of how annoyed people will become

45 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

5b07c8418be71_Image003.jpg.64e5a6f66dd8b7629188c54f449f2800.jpg

People who resort to personal attacks only do so because they have no other argument to make.

It's kinda funny that you brought that up, the second mistake is on purpose, you see it's actually lyrics to a very old and obscure rave song from the 90s and the guys who wrote the lyrics did so while high. They wrote the lyrics with the incorrect spelling, realised this after the fact and decided to leave it that way. It's a little inside joke that only someone who is very familiar with rave culture will understand.

FTR the comma between down and your would also be redundant too but I guess you already knew that too, right?

Nice try but it seems you even fail at being a jackass.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, Master Disaster said:

People who resort to personal attacks only do so because they have no other argument to make.

It's kinda funny that you brought that up, the second mistake is on purpose, you see it's actually lyrics to a very old and obscure rave song from the 90s and the guys who wrote the lyrics did so while high. They wrote the lyrics with the incorrect spelling, realised this after the fact and decided to leave it that way. It's a little inside joke that only someone who is very familiar with rave culture will understand.

FTR the comma between down and your would also be redundant too but I guess you already knew that too, right?

Nice try but it seems you even fail at being a jackass.

xD

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

It's all about shape these days.  Does it have rounded corners? does it bend? does the battery go flat to early?  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Apple has never been the type to admit fault.

I can only remember they’ve done so twice; The MapsGate and the battery issue.

For the others, they do the typical PR stuff; make a blanket statement, fix it behind the scenes and sweep the rest under the rug.

Probably why 1-2 year warranties are now a thing. I don’t trust Apple any more or less than other companies. I just have their products because they fit my use case as in the case for the iPad.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

16 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Apple defense force, assemble!

But where is the leader?

sleeping, probably. Give it time. He'll come. He always does.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

3 hours ago, Sauron said:

And yet they denied everything and claimed it was the users' fault. Everyone makes mistakes, Apple is the only company that gets to blame their customers and get away with it.

Exactly. If this shit keeps up, Apple will remain cocky and too arrogant there is no stopping them from blaming their consumers. But it won't come to and end because too many iSheeps still buys their iPhones. If Apple tells them to jump off a cliff, they will do it too O,O

Apple is not a premium company IMO, nor any other company, they just like to price their shit too high.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

1 minute ago, CTR640 said:

Apple is not a premium company IMO, nor any other company, they just like to price their shit too high.

i beg to differ. there is the Porsche Design branding that is clearly meant as a premium phone. so is most flagships, if you havent noticed; flagships cost a lot compared to their down-tier model and they the downtier-model doesnt lose much in that pricecut 

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

i beg to differ. there is the Porsche Design branding that is clearly meant as a premium phone. so is most flagships, if you havent noticed; flagships cost a lot compared to their down-tier model and they the downtier-model doesnt lose much in that pricecut 

And that is something that's not for consumers, as in, average consumers. Porsche Designed phones are more for people with more money and less braincells or ceo people. And now the question: do we really need flagships? Or is it if you don't own the flagship, you are either a noob or too poor? That's something we have to take in consideration. Those smartphone prices have been skyrocketed, they are almost status products.

DAC/AMPs:

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Porsche Designed phones are more for people with more money and less braincells or ceo people.

that is the point of a premium device/brand. people pay extra for the bells and whizzles. 

2 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

And now the question: do we really need flagships? Or is it if you don't own the flagship, you are either a noob or too poor?

we need flagships in the sence to push devices further through competition and then features trickle down to consumers. as a consumer you dont really need it at all. 

Flagships can rise in price and quality for all i car, but there should allways be a step-down model for regular consumers, and another one below that also for consumer that dont care about certain details like wireless charging. 

Flagships are expencive, and noone should be called poor for not buying one. like their pricetag is redicolus tbh in some cases (i know they are expencive to make)

19 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

that is the point of a premium device/brand. people pay extra for the bells and whizzles. 

we need flagships in the sence to push devices further through competition and then features trickle down to consumers. as a consumer you dont really need it at all. 

Flagships can rise in price and quality for all i car, but there should allways be a step-down model for regular consumers, and another one below that also for consumer that dont care about certain details like wireless charging. 

Flagships are expencive, and noone should be called poor for not buying one. like their pricetag is redicolus tbh in some cases (i know they are expencive to make)

As a consumer you don't really need it indeed. However, some companies, if they have mid-range smartphones, the performance may gets borked it's not worth the hassle. It might have been changed so I can be wrong.

And as for the last sentence, noone should be called poor for not buying one, can't agree more. That's the society. Remember as kids you are a noob if you don't have the latest console or handheld? Kinda like that. IMHO, get the product you are very happy with it. Don't follow the arrogant and the stupid. After exactly 2,5 years I still use my Huawei P8Max, damn I am still happy with it. Yes, it's old, I know but I love it.

DAC/AMPs:

As a consumer you don't really need it indeed. However, some companies, if they have mid-range smartphones, the performance may gets borked it's not worth the hassle. It might have been changed so I can be wrong.

And as for the last sentence, noone should be called poor for not buying one. That's the society. Remember as kids you are a noob if you don't have the latest console or handheld? Kinda like that. IMHO, get the product you are very happy with it. Don't follow the arrogant and the stupid. After exactly 2,5 years I still use my Huawei P8Max, damn I am still happy with it. Yes, it's old, I know but I love it.

Mid-ranged phones have improved over the past few years. Camera and processor and somewhat the screen is a downgrade, but to most it is minimal and the processor is so fast in most phones these days it doesnt make a difference.

I bought my first flagship phone a year ago. The Huawei Mate 9 Pro. I bought it at a sale when it was allready a year old. Money well spent imo, but i know very well it is rather expencive. 

Before i had had a hand-me-down iphone 4 after it had been owned by 2 other people and after that i had a Lumia 640.  After these two i wanted to try a top of the line phone for a while. I knew well it wasnt the best in terms of price/performance. 

2 hours ago, mr moose said:

It's all about shape these days.  Does it have rounded corners? does it bend? does the battery go flat to early?  

Well it sounds like many of these users will never have flat batteries again xD

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |