Renowned Game Critic John "TotalBiscuit" Bain passes away

ItsMitch

All I have to say is.

Get checked for cancer.  This could have been prevented, and you could prevent a similar fate for yourself.

At only 33, he managed to garner a huge following and has made a massive impact on the gaming community. If he had lived longer, he perhaps would have accomplished much, much more, but what he has done for us, for ALL of us, cannot be understated.

May you rest in peace, John Bain, and myself and all others who care about the state of the gaming industry will continue your legacy. You will be remembered, and everything you stood for will live on in our hearts and minds for generations to come.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

Fuck cancer.

Damn... I didn't expect this so soon after the announcement treatment had failed. I hope his family can power through.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

RIP

I didn't follow TB very intently, but during an H3 podcast there wasn't a trace of pessimism. He was in good spirits / state of mind and was positive he'd overcome it. He did mention his disappointment in minimizing the early signs / symptoms as benign with hopes they'd pass over time.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Gutted. Rest in peace, John. I didn't follow him all that much but he was a strong voice in the PC gaming community, and earned a lot of respect from millions of people. God bless his friends and family.

33487295_10156118574060236_204098533828067328_n.jpg.d8dd2a410aa4d272af7d294143161652.jpg

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

Watching him since his Azeroth Daily series, this one definitely hits hard. Whether it was putting his Mail Box series on and just listening while playing a game or listening to the co-optional podcast on the way to work this guy has been apart of my life for years.

His work within Starcraft 2 as a caster, and a team owner is admirable and up until recently he was still casting games.

He has always been principled in his political beliefs specifically when it related to gaming and the internet, another thing to be admired was his spreading of the message of net neutrality

I certainly will miss listening to his lovely British voice and I'm sure many others will as well. RIP TotalBiscuit

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

May you rest in peace John. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I remember when he was a guest on the Wan show when the Wan show was called the Live Stream and they had guests.  Started following his youtube reviews after that, he was a real voice for the consumer.

33 is way too young.

Even tho this isn't completely unexpected, it still hit me like a train.

I honestly thought he'll somehow survive. He's a great guy so he has to.

But nope, he's just as human as the rest of us and can die :(

RIP John, RIP...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

RIP, he was who made me see how much BS the big publishers and shitty developers do for a pretty penny when they can.

11 hours ago, SC2Mitch said:

What? He's had cancer since 2016, how is that fast? 

He had it since 2014, it started in his colon, I think, and his doctor managed to get it sorted there, but it was late and the worst thing that cancer does happen, it propagated and the second victim was his liver, which is one of the worst organs cancer could hit. The prognosis wasn't good but after a while, there was some hope that they could get it under control, after this it was slowly downhill sadly, too much chemo screw him and the cancer was still there, and that is when a couple of weeks ago he decided to retire and wait for the worst.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Woke up to this news, that sure destroyed my mood this morning.

My own mother has stage 3 lung cancer so this news is.. devastating to say the least. Fuck cancer.

Rest in peace John, you'll be greatly missed by many.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I think the first video I saw from TB was The Bore Z and have been watching since.

Its strange how it actually can shock you even though you never knew the guy, rest in piece you cynical brit!

11 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Cancer is not a curable disease. It's sometimes treatable, but cancer cannot be cured like how Polio was. The nature of the disease is genetic mutation of a cell that causes rapid and excessive cell division and growth.

Its amazing how many people think cancer is curable, you simply go into remission and hope to god the treatment and your body keep it that way, but ultimately something will get you eventually, we are not designed to live forever, we are actually quite a fragile race, with people like TB showing how far we can be pushed, with help.

Although it does amaze me how in the future cancer will be looked at like the common cold is, and likely curable with one pill, but we are a ways off yet.

Fuck. Got that sinking feeling as I read the topic title.

Dude has a little kid too.

2 hours ago, Danks said:

I remember when he was a guest on the Wan show when the Wan show was called the Live Stream and they had guests.  Started following his youtube reviews after that, he was a real voice for the consumer.

33 is way too young.

It was actually the reverse for me, I’ve had always heard of Linus and watched a video here and there, but after watching that WAN show he was on got me on as a full-time viewer/subscriber of LTT.

He will be surely missed, his impact on the industry and games like Warframe will always be there.

RIP TotalBiscuit 

May he rest in peace 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

7 hours ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

This could have been prevented

That statement is as if it could have been cured. 

My grandfather and his brother both found their cancer in very very early stages. No amount of treatment was able to get rid of it. My grandfather had it for 10 years before passing 6 months ago and 2 week later his brother passed. 

Its a horrible thing but nothing that can be done to prevent it. 

Sigh sad times in the gaming world.... He got me to play a lot of games back in the day.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

Man, this blows 

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Support cancer research is all I can say.

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

My heart dropped last night when I saw this. I really hope the podcast continues like he had hoped, but man I feel so bad for the rest of that group. The first episode back is going to be so hard for everyone involved.

Gaming build:

CPU: i7-7700k (5.0ghz, 1.312v)

GPU(s): Asus Strix 1080ti OC (~2063mhz)

Memory: 32GB (4x8) DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3000mhz

Motherboard: Asus Prime z270-AR

PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W

Cooler: Custom water loop (420mm rad + 360mm rad)

Case: Be quiet! Dark base pro 900 (silver)
Primary storage: Samsung 960 evo m.2 SSD (500gb)

Secondary storage: Samsung 850 evo SSD (250gb)

Server build:

OS: Ubuntu server 16.04 LTS (though will probably upgrade to 17.04 for better ryzen support)

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700x

Memory: Ballistix Sport LT 16GB

Motherboard: Asrock B350 m4 pro

PSU: Corsair CX550M

Cooler: Cooler master hyper 212 evo

Storage: 2TB WD Red x1, 128gb OCZ SSD for OS

Case: HAF 932 adv