Best Buy Code works out of US?

Longshot
Go to solution Solved by ono,

I've made a PSN account for Asia in the past (I don't recall why any more... download a demo?) but have never redeemed any sort of code for game or gift card before. I'm going to guess the Best Buy code will work if you make a US PSN account to redeem it on. Not sure if you have to only play it on your US account, as I'm not sure if you can set your PS4 as the primary system for the US account if your main account already has it set as primary. Anyway, I'm not certain but that's my thoughts.

HI!

im looking into buying a digital copy of the new God of War,

where i live the game costs 93$, so im looking to get it for 60 without getting a physical copy.

I found on Bestbuy a digital code for sale but it says this on the digital code page

(Electronic Download)

"Download: Instructions to redeem this item are usually e-mailed within 1 hour. A BestBuy.com account is required to purchase. Download in US only. Non-returnable. "

i was wondering whether its safe to get the game off here (i don't live in the US), like will it cause any issues or something?

1 hour ago, Longshot said:

HI!

im looking into buying a digital copy of the new God of War,

where i live the game costs 93$, so im looking to get it for 60 without getting a physical copy.

I found on Bestbuy a digital code for sale but it says this on the digital code page

(Electronic Download)

"Download: Instructions to redeem this item are usually e-mailed within 1 hour. A BestBuy.com account is required to purchase. Download in US only. Non-returnable. "

i was wondering whether its safe to get the game off here (i don't live in the US), like will it cause any issues or something?

it will probably just not work, and then you will have wasted your money

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

It wouldn't work anyway since digital download codes for playstation games are region locked which means that you'll need to have a US PSN account to redeem it.

I've made a PSN account for Asia in the past (I don't recall why any more... download a demo?) but have never redeemed any sort of code for game or gift card before. I'm going to guess the Best Buy code will work if you make a US PSN account to redeem it on. Not sure if you have to only play it on your US account, as I'm not sure if you can set your PS4 as the primary system for the US account if your main account already has it set as primary. Anyway, I'm not certain but that's my thoughts.