Running cables up/along walls

Armede

Hey guys. I don't really want to run an Ethernet cable outside/through my walls and was thinking of just doing it along/up the walls. What kind of clips would you guys use to hold the cables along the walls? I'd really like to not use the ones where I have to nail anything to the wall but will if the adhesive ones aren't that good. Thanks for y'all's help.

Hey guys. I don't really want to run an Ethernet cable outside/through my walls and was thinking of just doing it along/up the walls. What kind of clips would you guys use to hold the cables along the walls? I'd really like to not use the ones where I have to nail anything to the wall but will if the adhesive ones aren't that good. Thanks for y'all's help.

Why not in the wall? (drilling)

i used a glue gun and it worked fine (i didnt glued the cable to the wall though)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Dont put it near anything that can generate any EMI so any florescent lights avoid. except from that you are good to go.

Just remember cat5e has a range limit of around 90-100 meters.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Yeah it's a cat6 cable and it's 100ft, just didn't want to drill any holes in the wall cause I have 0 experience in it. It won't be running next to any electrical equipment.

It'll be about 5 foot from a fluorescent light actually. That too close to cause interference?

I've got flat ethernet running up the corner to the 2nd floor. I put a fake tree there to kinda hide it.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

Yeah adhesive won't really work too well. Some shallow nail clips would suffice.

I believe the min distance from lights is 3 feet but I could be wrong. so you should be fine.

Main rig: i7 4790k, Cooler H55, EVGA GTX 980, Corsair Obsidian 250D, ASRock H97M-ITX/ac, G.Skill 8GB, 500GB 840 EVO, 1TB WD Black

Server:  HP DL380 G5 8x 300GB 10k Sata drives, 2x e5460 32GB Ram

NAS: Synology DS213 with 2 2TB WD Red Drives

It'll be about 5 foot from a fluorescent light actually. That too close to cause interference?

That should be fine, it only really becomes a problem when you run it over the lights or parallel with multiple lights. 

Just use a lot of duct tape, color it with sharpie to make your room look nice.