EVGA 1080 Blower style or normal?

Hi!

I'm planning a new build soon and I have a small problem. I don't know which one to choose. My hit is on EVGA 1080 (as I have ASUS 1080 now, but coil whine, even the bad one, is not RMA'd by them), and I know that EVGA has no problem with it. Also, I'm planning to buy 2nd hand card. So, now the main question.

Blower Style 1080 or Normal?

I'm going to play in 1080p only, 144hz, so technically, GPU won't be under massive load. Also, I always downgrade graphics to stay with around 60*C.

So:

Blower +:

1) Around £100, £150 cheaper,

2) Makes less noise when under load,

3) Does not heat everything else.

4) Looks!

5) Possibility to water cool with a Hydro kit.

-:

1) Temps

2) Always ON fan.

Normal +:

1) Fanless mode,

2) More quiet without load,

3) Looks?

4) Better temps,

5) Higher Clocks

-:

1) Heat!

2) Noise

Main thing for me is not super cooling, but lack of noise, and since 80% time I'm gaming, I think I would go with Blower and It's cheaper. I'm asking you guys if any of you had any experience with both of them? Any additional Pros/Cons? Thanks! 

I'm a conductor of a POOP train!

Open air cooler designs generally run both cooler and quieter and it's no different when comparing EVGA's ACX and blower / FE coolers. 

What case are you using? Blower designs are generally for gpu temps only in cases that don't have good airflow for removing heat.

If you're playing at 1080p and don't mind lower settings, a lower power card like a 1060 / 1070 would be easier to cool and keep noise down.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Blower cards are normal cards.

Also normal cards, aka reference cards also can have an open air cooler. So either way you can use a hybrid on them. 

Depends on the cards them selves.

I prefer looks, so blower gets my vote. Also I run more then one card and I prefer to not dump heat and force all the other components to suffer.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

I'm going to use Fractal Design Define R6 with NZXT Kraken x72 on top, so 3 fans as outtake on top, and 3 on front Noctua NF-A14, and additionally one on back, also Noctua as an outtake. I want to keep them in as low RPM as I can, so it will be super quiet.

I'm a conductor of a POOP train!

Well if that's the case, the gpu cooler needs the most fans you can get and turn them down. Its gonna run hot regardless.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz