Aren't two radiators supposed to be better than one ?

Ok so I was trying to bring down my temperature because I was reaching 52c on most components im using watercooling I'm watercooling using a monoblock and two gpu blocks In game under load I would reach temperatures of 52c using a ekwb 360 radiator so I installed a second radiator but my temperature is still getting extremely close to 50c what is going on please help me out you guys?

Do you have fans on your radiators?

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

By the way I stayed up all night and all morning getting this to work that's why I beg for someone to please give me a good explanation I'm just sad and frustrated after pampering and stressful night and morning with this pc lol

Yes I have 3 on top sucking air thru the radiator and I have 2 on the second one sucking air thru as well I'm missing one fan on one of the 360 radiators forgot to buy one more lol

I have a total of 2 360 radiators working together one after the other in the same loop

Haha 52c is perfectly fine don't act like it'll burn your house down most air cooled gpus run at 85-90c under heavy load.

On 5/23/2018 at 8:03 PM, Game_on said:

is still getting extremely close to 50c

Lol

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

I understand and I'm perfectly fine with this temperature don't get me wrong I'm not a picky person or a delicate guy just that this is about the same temperature I was getting with one 360 rad that is why I'm so puzzled because now I'm using two 360 radiators lol

By the way I have a stand up air conditioning unit going as well right by my Side 

See let me explain to you guys why I even got the second 360 radiator in game under load when I reach the first temperature thresh hold is 50c and thats when boost 3.0 downclocks my gpu by not too much but it's annoying to me so I said to myself I'm going to the store and getting one more 360 radiator and this will fix my issue for good lol here I am 

5 minutes ago, Game_on said:

-

You have gone past the point of diminishing returns. GPU dies cool very efficiently due to their large size. Presumably your fluid temperature is so low that it cannot cool any more efficient. I would suspect you have a delta between the GPU core and fluid of about 15-20 degrees. And therefore unless you drop your ambient temperatures there is no way to drop your component temperatures further.

7 minutes ago, For Science! said:

I would suspect you have a delta between the GPU core and fluid of about 15-20 degrees. And therefore unless you drop your ambient temperatures there is no way to drop your component temperatures further.

Well, in principle you should be able to get the delta to ambient much lower than that by adding radiator surface. But diminishing returns do apply, so it takes an increasingly stupid amount of surface area to drop some degrees.

Still, it's hard to know without more information on the full setup.

Plus having all radiators as intake probably doesn't help temps outside the loop either.

1. make sure you got close to no air in the loop

2. try different air flow directions. In my case it's best to make all radiator fans as intake (get air through the rad into the case) and just a single exhaust fan in the back

3. try different pump speeds

4. are you comparing with same fan speeds?

5. Do NOT focus on CPU temperatures. They fluctuate a lot and cooler water temperature doesn't have a massive impact if the heat transfer in the CPU is already bad.

6. Is the GPU temperature better?

7. Any way to get a good reading on the water temperature?

I get way  better temperature when I have the case door off and my air conditioning unit is on I don't reach 50c but with the door on I reach 50c easy on both gpu I was planning on buying some fans to get push pull bringing air in from the outside.

I currently don't have a way of checking water temps.

And the only fans working full speed are the ekwb aio fans the other two on the second radiator are not at full speed at least I don't think they are unless they run at full speed by default I don't think I have enough are pushing through the second radiator the one with the red fans that is why I also want to try push pull 

Since you added a EK PE, which is the same as the Predator one, you should use the same fans on both radiators. That way you can control them simultaneously.

If you get better temperatures with the side panel off, you have bad airflow.

can you describe how the air flows?

Front fans out of the case?

Back also out of the case?

Top into the case?

Try:
Front and top into the case and back out.

@Game_on What is your pump? If it is too weak the flowrate of the water can be too low. In that situation the water spends so long in the radiator that it has time to almost completely cool down. Adding a second radiator won't bring any benefits if that's the case - you need better flow.

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

Even though ek said the pump is fine, I’ll blame that or one of the many other reasons. 

Two is is better than one. I be water temps went down. 

You don’t know what they were before and I bet you don’t know now. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

plus you got restrictive quick disconnects in the loop.

here's what i would do.

first of change the front 2 fans that are on the rad as intake. (so switch them around)

remove the 1 back exhaust fan and add it on the front rad.

like this:

if you have that setup going you can still add 1 fan in the back for extra intake if you like.

YVRYdcY.jpg

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

I don't like the idea of using warm air (from the front rad) to "cool" the upper rad.

I would suggest:

Predatorsetup.thumb.jpg.444a28460c5535b61950aa3431e2b274.jpg

On 5/24/2018 at 9:08 AM, Dschijn said:

I don't like the idea of using warm air (from the front rad) to "cool" the upper rad.

I would suggest:

Brother there is a small problem I appreciate both of you guys very much I like your idea better but the fans on the ekwb aio are fixed to the rad I don't know if I can remove them to flip them around ?

I figured it out they have separate screws right under I got some ek fans the vardar evo fans they have very good static pressure and air flow I got 3 in the front radiator pushing air from outside the case in like you said but I'm going to wait to flip the ekwb aio fan to bring air in from outside of the case like you said just want to wait because it's going to take me a little bit of time to do a little cable management and reconnect them to the fan hub on the aio 

I just like to take my time to try to make things look aesthetically good lol 

I also want to take time to thank you for being such a great person and keeping up with this insanity well some would call it insanity I just enjoy making my pc better with temperatures and performance I need to slow down it's not everything in life either lol 

Do you think push pull would be something to consider for future reference I've seen people drop 3c or even 4c with push pull so if I'm correct if I can drop 3c or even 4c with push pull on each radiator I would drop by a total of 6c to 8c unless I'm wrong and it only work as a whole lol 

When I had a single 360 Predator push/pull gave me ~4K better temps, yes. But the investment is quite high in relation to the overall effect. Please only match the same fans on a rad and don't set e.g. Vardar in push and Noctuas in pull. Always get the exact same fans! EK has the Predator fans still in the shop (in the past they even had duo/tripple fan sets just for the Predator). Maybe mail them and ask if they still offer some.

Ok thank you for the advice I highly appreciate you my brother the ek fans offer better static pressure as of today vs the noctua but yes you are right about having the same fans working together