New LTT Merch - Taking your feedback!!

TL;DR TAKE THE SURVEY HERE: https://goo.gl/forms/YvmlpMypeBh1nyfJ3

Hey all,

I'm working closely with our new Merchandise Manager (who you will all meet soon...) on a crapload of new designs & new merch avenues... we will have some very exciting stuff coming for you guys in the next few months. As always, you can find the latest (including new TechLinked merch!) LMG stuff at https://www.designbyhumans.com/shop/LinusTechTips/

Today we wanted to get a bit of feedback from you... our goal for 2018 is to deliver new styles and designs that embody the passion that we all have for tech, and an association with the channel, but which can also stand on their own as interesting and cool designs. So, in order to create those designs and tailor them to suit our community, we put together a quick anonymous survey to get a better idea of your styles, preferences, and tastes when it comes to merch, and clothing in general. Your responses are greatly appreciated!!

Survey link: https://goo.gl/forms/YvmlpMypeBh1nyfJ3

Oh - and here's a preview of one of the new LTT shirts we're working on:

Spoiler

2018-05-23.png

I'm a huge fan of it, but of course I may be a bit biased - let us know what you think down below :) 

5 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Moderator shirts for the moderation team.

Pretty sure that happened ages ago? If not PM me.

4 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

This reminds me xD

I always thought there would be LTT provided t-shirts that says "Thread Cleaned", "Thread Locked", and "Moved to Off Topic".

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Yes i see MERCH that Finally have 'LinusTechTips' on it! last time i bought it a few years ago from a company had to pay import fees and taxes to my Country.. 

EXTEND THE DESIGNED BY LINUS SHIRT RUN

I'M OUT OF MONEY FROM MY ONE YEAR AGO RIDICULOUS OVERPRICED CASE PURCHASE

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

I really like the new shirt

i5-8600k, MSI Z370-A Pro, 2x 8GB DDR4-3k, MSI Gaming X 1060, NZXT S340, 2TB HDD, 750w Corsair PSU, AOC 2775 OC'd to 80Hz and CFG73 at 144hz

Comic sans is the worst font

Check out my monitor overclocking guide

31 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Or a real life LTT Official Banhammer.

As much as I want to buy some merch, every shirt I've purchased online has been made of incredibly low quality cotton that itches horribly or has had the written part start to peel off after a couple of (gentle) wash cycles.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

5 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

As much as I want to buy some merch, every shirt I've purchased online has been made of incredibly low quality cotton that itches horribly or has had the written part start to peel off after a couple of (gentle) wash cycles.

Have you had that experience specifically with DesignByHumans, or just in general with online stores?

We're always happy to take feedback back to whatever site we're working with (at this time that's DBH), and if there's ever a situation where there IS an issue and their support doesn't live up to your expectations, please do let us know. We're happy to go to bat for people when there's a legitimate issue with one of our partners.

How about a baseball cap instead of a flat brim hat. I'm not a hipster, I'm not Deadmou5, and it's not my style.

I want to buy all of 'em. like all ! Sponsor it for me :D

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

2 hours ago, nicklmg said:

Have you had that experience specifically with DesignByHumans, or just in general with online stores?

We're always happy to take feedback back to whatever site we're working with (at this time that's DBH), and if there's ever a situation where there IS an issue and their support doesn't live up to your expectations, please do let us know. We're happy to go to bat for people when there's a legitimate issue with one of our partners.

I've never used DBH before.  It might be great, but after so many bad experiences I just can't buy online again.  Unless of course other people vouched for the quality.

If, for whatever reason, you switch, stay away from Once Upon a Tee and T-shirt Design Store.  I've used a few different places (none of them being great), but off the top of my head I can tell you those produce terrible quality shirts.

Also, and this is a general suggestion to everyone, get a partially polyester one if possible.  They are far softer than complete cotton.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

14 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

I've never used DBH before.  It might be great, but after so many bad experiences I just can't buy online again.  Unless of course other people vouched for the quality.

If, for whatever reason, you switch, stay away from Once Upon a Tee and T-shirt Design Store.  I've used a few different places (none of them being great), but off the top of my head I can tell you those produce terrible quality shirts.

Also, and this is a general suggestion to everyone, get a partially polyester one if possible.  They are far softer than complete cotton.

Good to know! Can't argue with experience.

I think that we mainly stick to the "DBH Perfect Tee" which is a heathered tee, cotton & polyester blend. 

Just now, nicklmg said:

Good to know! Can't argue with experience.

It's all been in pursuit of a quality Metroid t-shirt.  I can't find any for sale in stores, even though it's one of Nintendo's most popular franchises. xD 

17 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

Or a real life LTT Official Banhammer.

I would actually love to have one of these. Hopefully I don't have to DIY it, that would probably be time-consuming.

Thinking something along the lines of Mjolnir with the LTT logo on the side...

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

18 hours ago, JDE said:

EXTEND THE DESIGNED BY LINUS SHIRT RUN

I'M OUT OF MONEY FROM MY ONE YEAR AGO RIDICULOUS OVERPRICED CASE PURCHASE

Why not buy $2.50 T-shirts and a T-shirt design kit for $50?

20 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Why not buy $2.50 T-shirts and a T-shirt design kit for $50?

Even better would be a 2 dollar white tee and a sharpie. 

1 hour ago, cdadmin said:

Even better would be a 2 dollar white tee and a sharpie. 

or $10/shirt mall kiosk t-shirt design.

Just bought a LTT Hoodie amd got stung with the additional customs tax of £15 to get it into the UK. (This should be mentioned when buying the product). My biggest gripe is the  piss poor quality of the material used for the hoodie, it was like unwrapping a fully active van der graaf generator. I was really dissapointed with the quality of the cloth, lightweight and  what you would expect to buy at Primark. eg wear once and throw away.  I really expected more from LTT. Linus you like quality so give it to us.

Can we get an entire #designedbylinus series of merch? 

Nothing nice, everything dirt cheap garbage. 

1 hour ago, Vipermk2 said:

Just bought a LTT Hoodie amd got stung with the additional customs tax of £15 to get it into the UK. (This should be mentioned when buying the product). My biggest gripe is the  piss poor quality of the material used for the hoodie, it was like unwrapping a fully active van der graaf generator. I was really dissapointed with the quality of the cloth, lightweight and  what you would expect to buy at Primark. eg wear once and throw away.  I really expected more from LTT. Linus you like quality so give it to us.

Is it scratchy?

On 5/26/2018 at 2:55 PM, Vipermk2 said:

RE: customs, unfortunately I'm not sure what could really be done about that... it would be the same if you were buying anything from outside of the country, and I know that in the case of Canadian customs, it's not an exact science in that they seem to just assess a fee when they feel like it, and certainly don't do so all the time.

RE: hoodie quality, was this purchased from DesignByHumans? If so can you let me know which product you purchased? I'll get them to send one over so we can check it out for ourselves - obviously we want to be able to stand behind the quality of products that we're selling, so if the quality of materials is actually extremely low we'll probably end up removing it from the store.

Sorry that you've had such a poor experience thus far :( 

Haven't tried it myself, but this manufacturer seems to be pretty high quality material:

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

11 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Haven't tried it myself, but this manufacturer seems to be pretty high quality material:

We'll have to look into them a bit more - we want to have a persistent storefront in addition to timed campaigns so if they can't offer that they wouldn't be a good fit. I'll investigate a bit.