I miss PC-building videos

Agonizel

Hi community,

When I got into watching techtubers, I watched the PC-building videos because they were the ones I preferred.
Also, when new videos came out, I ignored almost all of them but the PC-building videos.

After building my 1st computer, then my 2nd, then a 3rd for a friend, a 4th for another friend, 5th, 6th,... I grew out of those videos.
Then I started building, overclocking, upgrading, RGB'ing and de-lidding for total strangers, I built lots of PCs in my free time with more or less freedom.
I was pretty selfish in the sense that I only accepted more premium builds and I wanted to experiment all products. 

So when I could, I made people buy quality components I hadn't seen yet.

But now GPUs are too expensive & RAM is too expensive; Very few people want to have a PC built. Feeling empty, I just want to watch PCs being built.
I don't know if it's just me, but could it be that all tech channels somehow stopped building PCs? I was stoked to see Paul's Hardware's new 1000D build, but it stopped due to computex...
I enjoy Case reviews, especially from Gamers Nexus.

Anyway, I want more build videos

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

Well, GPU prices have come back down to normal levels.  The problem with RAM was Samsung and a few others who supply the material/s were price fixing then got caught.  Who knows how long before that stabilizes?  Also, if you want more daily build logs just go to pcpartpicker.

got caught? I thought it was just a class-action lawsuit that was just at a complaint. Nothing is proven yet, nothing is judged,...

I don't disagree, I kind of miss them too... But it's hard to deny that most are fairly dull, unless you mix it up with a series like Scrapyard Wars. There's only so much to talk about.

1 minute ago, JoeyDM said:

I don't disagree, I kind of miss them too... But it's hard to deny that most are fairly dull, unless you mix it up with a series like Scrapyard Wars. There's only so much to talk about.

Oh, so I'm not alone. And yes, there must be a good reason why they don't do such videos as frequently... That's why I love scrapyard wars soooooooo much !

1 minute ago, Beer_Nontitju said:

Oh, so I'm not alone. And yes, there must be a good reason why they don't do such videos as frequently... That's why I love scrapyard wars soooooooo much !

You can't really do it frequently, it would just end up being the same video. There isn't much to deviate with, and nothing changes until new hardware refreshes happen.

1 hour ago, Beer_Nontitju said:

Hi community,

When I got into watching techtubers, I watched the PC-building videos because they were the ones I preferred.
Also, when new videos came out, I ignored almost all of them but the PC-building videos.

After building my 1st computer, then my 2nd, then a 3rd for a friend, a 4th for another friend, 5th, 6th,... I grew out of those videos.
Then I started building, overclocking, upgrading, RGB'ing and de-lidding for total strangers, I built lots of PCs in my free time with more or less freedom.
I was pretty selfish in the sense that I only accepted more premium builds and I wanted to experiment all products. 

So when I could, I made people buy quality components I hadn't seen yet.

But now GPUs are too expensive & RAM is too expensive; Very few people want to have a PC built. Feeling empty, I just want to watch PCs being built.
I don't know if it's just me, but could it be that all tech channels somehow stopped building PCs? I was stoked to see Paul's Hardware's new 1000D build, but it stopped due to computex...
I enjoy Case reviews, especially from Gamers Nexus.

Anyway, I want more build videos

Unless they go absolutely ballistic and actual fabrication happens, it gets really dull. That's part of the reason why MightyCarMods have remained relevant in my opinion. All of their projects nowadays involve fabrication from scratch. If they kept putting together kits where everything just lines up and works, it'll make for a boring show.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

16 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

You can't really do it frequently, it would just end up being the same video. There isn't much to deviate with, and nothing changes until new hardware refreshes happen.

true, but in my case I just like seeing a case being assembled. I don't care if it's repetitive and boring, I just like watching it. But it's contrary to what I said, because I said I grew out of it before. I don't know what I want. Maybe I just want to see a mad project. Like 1 computer 7 gamers, but this time 1 case 7 computers.

Just imagine 7 itx boards in one custom build case all cooled by the same custom loop with radiators and rgb fans everywhere. That would be absolutely mad!

12 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Unless they go absolutely ballistic and actual fabrication happens, it gets really dull. That's part of the reason why MightyCarMods have remained relevant in my opinion. All of their projects nowadays involve fabrication from scratch. If they kept putting together kits where everything just lines up and works, it'll make for a boring show.

You're right, just keeping on building PCs is not necessarily entertaining. Linus is pretty visionary when it comes to content, and he knows better than I which direction to go. But I guess I just want him to work on something mad again like the 1 PC  gamers or that wall mounted PC he made,...

This is one of my favorite build videos.  They do a lot of close up shots of the connections and explain them really well.