overheating

Go to solution Solved by airdeano,

remove the roof and front panel. if temps drop, your case is causing the 'overheating'.

well-known the evolv is very restrictive in airflow to promote best thermals for radiators.

hello there i am kinda at a loss with my cooling.

Motherborad: ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING

GPU: MSI 1080 ti aero

CPU: I5 8600k

Cooling: 

ekwb a240g
ek-fg 360 expansion pack

when gaming i see temps of 78-83 on cpu and 58-63 on gpu
idle before gaming is 35-38 cpu and 31-34 gpu
after gaming cpu 48-51 and 37-40 gpu

Evolv-ATX-6.jpg

what does the green blob mean?

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

Just now, Grockle88 said:

what does the green blob mean?

probably pump/rez combo.

OP. You shouldnt really see temps above about 50c when gaming with water cooling. My guess is you have something wrong on the ports the fittings are plugged into. Those temps are normal on the CPU. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

did op set up the fans correctly?

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

Evolv-ATX-6.jpg

is it really normal for a water cooled cpu to be around 80c 

3 minutes ago, blameflask said:

is it really normal for a water cooled cpu to be around 80c 

under load, yes. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

would it make any difference to switch from alu to nickel in cooling.

mostly want to switch so that i can try hard tubing for a cleaner look

2 hours ago, blameflask said:

-

These temps are quite bad even considering they are aluminium. I would suspect there is some air trapped in the system. A series of photos of your system may be helpful.

Try making all rad fans as intake and at least one fan as exhaust.

Change your rad fans to exhaust. All of them. yes your going to have negative pressure which means you will need to keep your PC clean from dust more often ,, BUT you will get better temps.

High heat load loops that recirculate air from one rad to another are actually hampering their perofmance. Just run up ur system to temp and feel the air coming out the top rad, its going to be warm. The front rad heats the air and then ur passing it through the top rad, you dont want to be doing that.

Also might want to delid and change internal TIM on the CPU, those things have SHIT internal TIM, thats why they run hot even at stock.

other than that just make sure ur pump is running fast, and you have purged any air thats in the loop.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Your problem on the cpu side is that you have TIM between the CPU's heatsink and the processor die. You can delid your processor to fix this but it comes with risks and isn't a novice venture. 58-63 isn't that bad for a gpu gaming...both of mine hit 83ish on air cooling so that's a 20c difference. How much voltage is being sent to your processor? Are you overclocked?

Your airflow diagram is fine, leave it alone.

7 hours ago, r34lj4k3 said:

Your problem on the cpu side is that you have TIM between the CPU's heatsink and the processor die. You can delid your processor to fix this but it comes with risks and isn't a novice venture. 58-63 isn't that bad for a gpu gaming...both of mine hit 83ish on air cooling so that's a 20c difference. How much voltage is being sent to your processor? Are you overclocked?

Your airflow diagram is fine, leave it alone.

image.png.7ec4a22d9a61f708692191114a57306e.pngi don't know much about overclocking but this is what is says in the intel utility

No need to change your CPU or GPU settings... You water is too warm in the loop. Gotta improve the heat transfer from radiator to air...

Try front and top fans as intake to provide fresh air.

On 5/26/2018 at 2:43 PM, Dschijn said:

No need to change your CPU or GPU settings... You water is too warm in the loop. Gotta improve the heat transfer from radiator to air...

i tryed changing the fans. it increased the heat :(

remove the roof and front panel. if temps drop, your case is causing the 'overheating'.

well-known the evolv is very restrictive in airflow to promote best thermals for radiators.

If the case is really that restrictive you should consider modding it to improve airflow.

the temps does drop so the problem is the case. but i'd rather not try and cut in the case since i don't wanna fuck it up and have an ugly looking case after. does any of you know if you can buy a modded top and/or front to the ENTHOO EVOLV ATX

http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Evolv-ATX.html

On 5/29/2018 at 10:48 PM, AdamTheSlave said:

https://modmymods.com/phanteks-enthoo-evolv-atx-replacement-front-cover-air-flow-mod-anthracite-gray.html

I was looking at using the same case until I saw the issues. They are pricey panels, but they work. I ended up going with the Define S after seeing the issues online.

On 5/29/2018 at 10:48 PM, Dschijn said:

thank you for helping me. these are some awesome panels but i do see the price and then shipping it to my country would cost a lot. so i did a little digging and found this version of the case with airflow vents that is being sold in my country, it costs 40$ more but on the plus side i get a brand new case and then i can allways try modding the old to see if it would work :)

CA07EPT_179551_800x800.jpg

On 5/26/2018 at 2:43 PM, Dschijn said:

i changed my overclock settings just for the fun of it and at the look of it after some test it seems to run cooler then before, before changing case or panels ( and they are still on )
my overclock might have been unstable?

New celsius
CPU: 62-68c 

GPU: 42-47c

Old

CPU: 78-83c
GPU: 58-63c

change made
Processor Cache Ratio from 40x to 44x
active core from 47x to 48x
core voltage 1.300v down to 1.275v

tempsnip.png

On 5/23/2018 at 9:57 PM, blameflask said:

would it make any difference to switch from alu to nickel in cooling.

You mean copper. The stuff you're looking at is copper, or copper with nickel plating.

Your OC being stable or unstable has nothing to do with it. You reduced the voltage and the frequencies, which caused the temp drop. The Fluid Gaming isn't all that great as you can see.