Nvidia Control Panel not launching

Hi guys,

Nvidia control panel isn't launching on my PC. I also realized it isn't on the desktop right click menu either. It is however, still on the taskbar. I tried to figure out what's wrong but to no avail. Whenever I try to launch it Nvidia Control Panel Application pops up on task manager for a few seconds and then disappears without any notice. I'm trying to get my first triple monitor setup going and I don't think I can set it up without the control panel. Pls help

Thanks in advance :)

2 hours ago, TimTam :P said:

Hi guys,

Nvidia control panel isn't launching on my PC. I also realized it isn't on the desktop right click menu either. It is however, still on the taskbar. I tried to figure out what's wrong but to no avail. Whenever I try to launch it Nvidia Control Panel Application pops up on task manager for a few seconds and then disappears without any notice. I'm trying to get my first triple monitor setup going and I don't think I can set it up without the control panel. Pls help

Thanks in advance :)

try and open NVIDIA Experience and see if you need to update your driver. If not, and the panel still doesn't open after rebooting/opening with administrator, you could simply uninstall your current GPU driver.

To uninstall if necessary, you can open control panel and search for Device Manager, then when that is opened select Display Adapters, right click the GPU and click uninstall. This will uninstall the adapters and from there you could just go to NVIDIA's GPU driver page and just install fresh drivers.

Note You can also update the GPU driver from Device Manager and I would try to do that before you uninstall. I assume this whole thing is simply because the driver didn't automatically update as it should have.

• 1 month later...

See if you need to update your driver. If not, and the panel still doesn't open after rebooting/opening with administrator, you could simply uninstall your current GPU driver.