Best SP Fans to use / Confusion on Websites

Hi every one,

I'm wanting to know / Kinda wish they would do a video on this, but I have spent a very long time looking at different fans and radiators trying to find which 1s are the best. I have 5 ( tempted to make it 4) radiators in my system, they are XSPC rads and i have Akasa 120MM PIRANHA HIGH PERFORMANCE PWM AIR RIPPER BLADE FANS SP is 3.2 on all the rads, the front i have 4 on the 240mm rad but the air flow is shocking and i can feel the air bouncing back. I am tempted to change the Rads to the EK SE slim as the fins seem to be bigger and more looped which might help better flow then the XSPC as they seem very dense which is causing the air to bounce back, this is where i'v been looking at the SP of fans and i feel like i need a really high SP fan to make sure he air is pushed through. What is annoying me is i see all these fans that say they are SP but are only 1.43 or 0.9 mmH2O ± 10% but then i see some that's 0.48 - 4.8 mmH2O ± 10% ( Silencio FP 120 PWM Performance Edition) but then again this is the new verison ( MasterFan Pro 120 Air Pressure RGB 1.43 ± 10%) so is this less or more then the other fan? the fans i have been looking mostly is ...

Silencio FP 120 PWM Performance Edition 0.48 - 4.8 SP

NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 PWM 7.63 SP

NF-F12 industrialPPC-2000 IP67 PWM 3.94 SP 

Can any 1 recommend what to do ? 

I recommend: Do NOT read specs on the manufacturer page!

Please read reviews and tests, but in the end you should always take other users opinions into consideration.

The problem is, that a lot of fans seem fantasic on the paper but in the real world they are more or less just average. To me the most important correlation is cooling performance over noise, not over rpm! There are great radiator fans like the Corsair ML, EK Vardar, Noctua NF-F12, be quiet! SW3,... but in the end they all have flaws (ticking, humming, PWM ticking,...).

To me, the best fan is the new Noctua NF-A12x25, because it performs awesome. It can run at higher rpm and still be quieter than other fans with better cooling performance. 2nd best fan is the NF-F12 (classic or chromax, not the industrial).

I tested the NF-A12x25 against the NF-F12 and the A12 are way better!

The main problem I am having is the rads i have the fins are very dense and the air is been pushed back into the case, this is y i was looking at the Silencio FP 120 PWM Performance Edition 0.48 - 4.8 SP because of the size of the blades. i feel as they are quite big they would stop the blow back might be wrong.

i have looked at some other review and people are saying EK-Furious Vardar EVO 120 (3000rpm), but again just like the NF- A12 i feel the fan blades would create more flow then pressure and may cause blow back but then again it could be better as there is more fans to stop air been pushed back . 

idk if it would be worth changing all the rads and keep the fans i have as are SP 3.2 and will help to eliminate the blow back because of the dense fins

Which rads exactly?

Vardar fans are pretty decent, but not super silent.

With good high SP fans and a Fan to rad 'gasket' you shouldnt have any issues.

I suggest going with noctua. NF-A12 is your best bet, they should handily beat the good old NF-F12.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

yeah iv been looking at more and more reviews and fans and bits and bats, the nf-A12x25 does look the best fan, just a shame it's not in the black colour :( 

i got XSPC EX240 Rad on the bottom with pull, a 240 rad on the front with push/pull, 2 x 140 ex rads on top in push ( but thinking / want to change them to pull)  and a ex 120 on the back in pull, and a xspc raystorm cpu block on a i7 4790k, haven't got the gpu block yet as i have a msi 1080ti and dont really want to take a 800£ gpu apart lol =/. thinking of added 3 air flow fans to the front of the change and taking away the push pull at the front to just pull to have air pushed into the case more and making taking the back rad off and adding another air flow fan 

I reccommend BlackNoise BlackSilentPros, specifically the Pk-PS (140mm) and PL-PS (120mm). Otherwise, go for the Eloop B12-PS (or B12-P for even more performance at higher noise) and B14-PS (B14 is 29mm thick, instead of 25 so be aware for fan mounting screws). For more info on fan and rad reviews, I HIGHLY reccomend you look at http://thermalbench.com/ and search for Noctua and Blacknoise so you can compare them to TONS of other fans.

Watercooling Pro & Keyboard Enthusiast!

13 hours ago, cfreeman1990 said:

yeah iv been looking at more and more reviews and fans and bits and bats, the nf-A12x25 does look the best fan, just a shame it's not in the black colour :( 

Chromax NF-A12x25's coming out next year according to Noctua's instagram.

14 hours ago, cfreeman1990 said:

NF- A12 i feel the fan blades may cause blow back 

The minimal 0.5mm gap between the blades and frame on the NF-A12 along with the included rubber gasket should be substantially better at reducing the amount of escaping air compared to Silencio FP 120's wider blades and the wider gap which looks to be ~3mm according to photos.

1c10746afbe42d255b8aa9e635a2d419.png

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

yeah the more i looked into it and thought about it it does make sense about the gap.

5 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Chromax NF-A12x25's coming out next year according to Noctua's instagram. :( shame its gonna be next year i hope they bring them out sooner, i have a feeling they might bring some out. think ill wait 

What do you all think to the  Eloop B12-PS or B12-P ?? 

9 minutes ago, cfreeman1990 said:

Depends on the rpm range you want to use...

You want it quiet? ->PS

Max performance -> P

Please keep in mind that the eLoops do not like any restriction on the suction side within the first 20mm (grill, mesh, filter, bars,...).

tbh i would just be using PWM and letting the system do what it needs, i know i can change the fan speeds myself but try not to mess about wit them to much.

as for anything infront of them, all depends on which way i set my system up, i would like to have them as pull, so they pull through the rad and as for the front there is mesh but i can move it back to over 50 mm. but i think i would have to have them as push to fit in 

Use them in push, not pull. In pull they are restricted by the rad and will get noisy. Still... make sure that nothing will obstruc the suction side (intake) if they run in push and are mounted against a e.g. grill.

will do :) im tempted to give the noiseblockers a try 

eLoops are great fans, very quiet. Just the problem with the intake is the only downside.

in what way tho what is is that happens? and how badly does it impact the performance? and would it be worth getting different fans for the ones that are on the grill or will not have a problem if there pull instead of push ? as i would like to have my bottom fans as pull through the fan the rest i can use as push 

eLoops will get loud if the suction side is restricted:

just watched the video, tbh it sounds more like that is the motor thats getting loud because of the higher rpm ( i have watched a few other video's and i think he just got unlucky that that fan ) more then noise caused from been on a grill or anything. might buy 1 can try it out 

Well I had/have different eLoops and they definetly have that problem.

i have found some on amazon ill order some and give them a try and if i dont like them i can return them :) but i have found some red led's as well and they look sexy AF lol 

15 hours ago, cfreeman1990 said:

Good for push. As mentioned, don't use them in pull. NF-A12's are probably still better though. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.