Recommended Radiator Size...

Go to solution Solved by MzCatieB,
3 minutes ago, mikelthebeast said:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147275&cm_re=mini_itx_case-_-11-147-275-_-Product&reviews=all

Planing on using this for the build. it has 360mm and 240mm max radiator space

I would personally get a 360 rad thats medium thickness and get some decent static pressure fans for this case.

you will naturally get cooler air from the front of the case regardless of if you put it on top/under/next to a desk
keeping the top fan's as exhaust will help keep your RAM and VRM's cooler as well.

it will save you money and be less failure points in the system as well... if you feel like your temps arnt great then you can always add another RAD later down the line

I'm building a new system.

But I'm not sure what size radiator I will need to cool down a gtx 1080ti and Intel i7-8700k.

Would I need 2 radiators? or can I have them both on the same loop.?

Im planing on doing a small build

mini itx mother board Edit: doing atx, because it will look nicer

GTX 1080ti

Intel i7-8700k

16gb ddr4 ram

ssd (500gb)

1tb hard drive

Power supply will be a sfx psu.

A premium quality 360 mm radiator that is 30 mm thick should be your absolute minimum for such a setup. More thr better, i would just fill your case up with what is can take.

Typically a 360 + 240 should give you enough surface area for near silence.

26 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Typically a 360 + 240 should give you enough surface area for near silence.

Run both 360 and 240 same loop?

Gpu on 360 and cpu 240?

honestly depends on the case your using.
by rule of thumb a CPU needs a 120mm and a GPU should get a 240mm RAD so a single 360 for both would be ok
if you plan on overclocking either go for a thicker RAD or add another 240mm / 360mm RAD... but tbh it depends on what case your going with <. <

Character artist in the Games industry.

2 minutes ago, MzCatieB said:

honestly depends on the case your using.
by rule of thumb a CPU needs a 120mm and a GPU should get a 240mm RAD so a single 360 for both would be ok
if you plan on overclocking either go for a thicker RAD or add another 240mm / 360mm RAD... but tbh it depends on what case your going with <. <

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147275&cm_re=mini_itx_case-_-11-147-275-_-Product&reviews=all

3 minutes ago, mikelthebeast said:

I would personally get a 360 rad thats medium thickness and get some decent static pressure fans for this case.

you will naturally get cooler air from the front of the case regardless of if you put it on top/under/next to a desk
keeping the top fan's as exhaust will help keep your RAM and VRM's cooler as well.

it will save you money and be less failure points in the system as well... if you feel like your temps arnt great then you can always add another RAD later down the line

Character artist in the Games industry.

6 minutes ago, mikelthebeast said:

It's going to be fine. I have 2x1080ti, much more power hungry CPU and not that airflow friendly case. With 2x 360mm radiators I get 68C on the package in full synthetic load, about 61C the hottest core and while gaming my GPU's don't go beyond 50C.

With one GPU and mainstream CPU a 360+240 is more than enough. 

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

I tested cooling a 8700k@5GHz and a GTX1080Ti@2GHz with a single 360 rad and it works just fine. But it's not cool nor quiet. I would at least add a 240 or 360 rad.

Advise: Get the new NF-A12x25 fans, they kick ass.

33 minutes ago, mikelthebeast said:

Gpu on 360 and cpu 240?

Yes, put it in the same loop, separate loops are only for looks and take a minor hit in performance in most cases.

37 minutes ago, mikelthebeast said:

Gpu on 360 and cpu 240?

yes id run them both in the same loop. for gaming the cpu usually doesnt get that hot and your wasting that extra cooling potential. im also about to assemble my loop and im using a 360 86mm thick rad for a 7700k and a 1080ti soo in general id say go with however much your concept can fit. because the threshhold of diminishing gains is pretty high. so even if you go overboard with cooling itll for example then allow you to have the fans running slower making the system more quit 

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3